Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    vCash
    any former dallas player i cannot stand as an announcer and I mean ANY

Emmit - Dion - Irvin - Moose - Aikman

and dont even get me started on Joe Buck... his hate for Philly teams are so over the top....so so so over the top. Remember the 08 Phillies WS run? yeah.... ******* Buck

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Joe Buck is a complete douche.

As a Cubs fan, easily one of the most annoying announcers ever.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Jackson is better than Maclin and it's not even a debate if you ask me. The only thing Maclin has on Jackson is size, and he doesn't even use his size to his advantage all that often. Jackson is much faster, much better with the ball in his hands, has better hands, and demands double coverage. A lot of Maclin's success was/is predicated on Jackson taking so much attention from the opposing defense.
    SPACE

vCash
    Maclin did pretty well last week without Jackson in there or anyone else to demand a double team. Jackson is faster, but he definitely doesn't have better hands.

vCash
    I suppose the hands comment is debateable, but yes Maclin is going to have good games. The Bucs secondary made Jason Avant look like Jerry Rice
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianWestKins View Post
    Jackson is better than Maclin and it's not even a debate if you ask me. The only thing Maclin has on Jackson is size, and he doesn't even use his size to his advantage all that often. Jackson is much faster, much better with the ball in his hands, has better hands, and demands double coverage. A lot of Maclin's success was/is predicated on Jackson taking so much attention from the opposing defense.
    Yeah, what good are advanced stats? I just showed that Maclin did more with catchable balls, meaning, with his drops, he still makes catches at a higher percentage.

Desean is the better playmaker for sure, no doubt.

Maclin has also shown the ability to produce without Jackson.

They both have strengths, both have weaknesses. They are 2 completely different WR types.

vCash
    Serious question.

Why is Desean given a pass for not producing like other "#1" receivers who also draw double coverage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Yeah, what good are advanced stats? I just showed that Maclin did more with catchable balls, meaning, with his drops, he still makes catches at a higher percentage.

Desean is the better playmaker for sure, no doubt.

Maclin has also shown the ability to produce without Jackson.

They both have strengths, both have weaknesses. They are 2 completely different WR types.
    Yes Maclin is going to make catches at a higher percentage, because the majority of his balls are coming to him from 15 yards or less. The majority of Jackson's balls are down the field, and are much harder to complete. And in your other post you said something to the effect of advanced stats are better than the eyeball test. Well, that's exactly what advanced statistics are, a bunch of eyeball tests. And if you watch the games and look at the stats Jackson is pretty clearly the better player. I mean, Jason Avant has better hands than both Maclin and Jackson and that doesn't make him a better receiver..
    SPACE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Serious question.

Why is Desean given a pass for not producing like other "#1" receivers who also draw double coverage?
    But he does produce like a #1 wide receiver, as I've explained to you many times before. If you expect him to produce like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald than you're an idiot, because he's obviously not as good as them.
    SPACE

vCash
    Yes Maclin is going to make catches at a higher percentage, because the majority of his balls are coming to him from 15 yards or less. The majority of Jackson's balls are down the field, and are much harder to complete. And in your other post you said something to the effect of advanced stats are better than the eyeball test. Well, that's exactly what advanced statistics are, a bunch of eyeball tests. And if you watch the games and look at the stats Jackson is pretty clearly the better player. I mean, Jason Avant has better hands than both Maclin and Jackson and that doesn't make him a better receiver..
    Yes, advanced stats is obviously equal to watching player a and b, without any sort of quantifiable basis and proclaiming a is better than b, just because.

I agree, Desean is the better player, not the more valuable "WR".

Show me where I said "best hands" means "best WR".

vCash
    But he does produce like a #1 wide receiver, as I've explained to you many times before. If you expect him to produce like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald than you're an idiot, because he's obviously not as good as them.
    A low end #1, yet out produced, out valued by Maclin.

Really this was more about the erroneous claim that Mackin was a terrible blocker and constantly negates big runs by McCoy due to his blocking incompetency.

Also more to the point that Cruz > Jackson.

vCash
    gotta say im pretty annoyed by how maclin ducks to avoid a hit, its so annoying as soon as he sees the CB he starts to go down or go out.

desean is better, he can win or change a game on his own, maclin is good but he was suppose to be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mnatiq View Post
    gotta say im pretty annoyed by how maclin ducks to avoid a hit, its so annoying as soon as he sees the CB he starts to go down or go out.

desean is better, he can win or change a game on his own, maclin is good but he was suppose to be better.
    It annoys me too, especially since DBs aren't supposed to headhunt anymore.

vCash
    If Maclin and Jackson had the toughness of the Panthers Steve Smith they would both be awesome.You can't play at a high level being afraid to take a hit.

vCash
    Holy **** I cant freaken believe what I just read as to this guys attempt to trying to prove me wrong

You know you don't understand advanced stats and their correct context when your using WPA like baseball statisticians use war

Just WOW...

There is a reason Bdawk I haven't provided stats because the "dropped catches", "blocking stats" are only available to people who have paid subscription and aren't available to people like us who don't pay until the regular season is over... N The people on this site who I know pay for it haven't been on much lately because their busy with school and exams otherwise I would've gotten them to print screen it for you, but now after reading that gem, this is an absolute must for me to get my hands on that.

This is why I said its hard proving people wrong on a forum nowadays because people resort to advanced stats and some people ( like in this instance) start using stats that they have no idea what it really means. But I deff can't wait to reply to that post.

Not to mention you used a damn bleacher report article stating random numbers they didn't even accurately come up with, but took a random guess to get to.
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 12-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast