Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think maclin and Jackson would be interesting as interchangeable slot guys

My only problem I've had with Jackson on the outside is his size does become a factor because if he doesn't blow by people they just blanket him and he has no chance of catching the ball
    I don't see why we don't move our wide receivers around more often, both of them working at times in the slot is something that should happen. I really love what the Colts have done with Reggie Wayne with moving him to X, Y, and Z slots, just creates a ton of targets (My fantasy team loves it). Gives teams less of a chance to double and roll safety help over the top. Just imagine DeSean in the slot on a streak with Maclin finding the zone in the middle of the defense with a slant route. Our wide receivers have talent (When healthy), adding a big receiver would be nice, but we still should capitalize on their full talents.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I picture more in the middle stuff, but sure, with what you listed, I'm down with that as well. I see Maclin more of a slot guy, with Bowe/Jackson on the outside.

that's my dream scenario.
    Boy would I have liked to taken the head chase Brandon Marshall for that pick Chicago gave up. Bowe seems to be the only "big" receiver in this free agency class. If we somehow were to get Mike Wallace we might as well get Chip Kelly with all that speed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Boy would I have liked to taken the head chase Brandon Marshall for that pick Chicago gave up. Bowe seems to be the only "big" receiver in this free agency class. If we somehow were to get Mike Wallace we might as well get Chip Kelly with all that speed
    I was begging for Marshall then, oh well.

Bowe would be awesome, but I haven't lost hope that we somehow acquire Fitz.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Over 100, game winning TD, I'll take it.
    In a meaningless game against a bad secondary. I like maclin and want him to succeed, especially if hes on the eagles, but he hasnt been good this year and theres no denying that.

I feel like if we could get a true #1 then both maclin and jackson could thrive in this pass-heavy offense. A better OC would help as well.

vCash

What would you give up for Fitzgerald? A first (Not this years), our high second+? If they somehow ended up moving him and the price was our high second rounder and then some, I think we would have to do it. If we want Luke Joeckel we will most likely need to finish out with a worse record, they have a terrible line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    What would you give up for Fitzgerald? A first (Not this years), our high second+? If they somehow ended up moving him and the price was our high second rounder and then some, I think we would have to do it. If we want Luke Joeckel we will most likely need to finish out with a worse record, they have a terrible line.
    Honestly, I'd give them whatever they wanted.

Maybe we could somehow pull a Kolb again, and trade them Foles.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash

I know for a fact that the Eagles went hard after him before he signed his big extension.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    I know for a fact that the Eagles went hard after him before he signed his big extension.
    Oh I know, somehow he thought Kolb would be their guy.

If only the Cardinals would have listened to me.
    Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 12-10-2012 at 04:01 PM.

vCash
    I've never, ever heard that Jackson was a great blocker.

Maclin is a very good blocker though.
    Your blind hating is seriously comical at times. I want to laugh so hard at this bolded comment, but it's hard proving someone wrong on a forum without readily available proof.

I wasn't even referring to Gruden only, I've already suggested how much of a nutcase he is when it comes to some of the things he says, I'm talking about guys like Collingsworth, Aikman a lot of commentators we've had during the big prime time games.
    Sunday Nighter, the prime game at 1 or 4 oclock.

I dunno what more you want me to use as proof besides people who are also watching the same game as us but without an unbiased opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Maclin's "attempts" at blocking have been absolutely pathetic this season.
    Not only this for a couple years now.
    I've pointed it out in the game threads but I've posted so damn much, its impossible for me to go back and find the exact situations.

But I remember one where he got called for the holding call then hurt himself on the same play falling down trying to block that same guy.

Eh, not really.

This whole team has underperformed, but Maclin is known as a good blocker.
    What does the team underperforming have to do with blocking responsibilities. Blocking is your own strength, unless your suggesting he dogged it and didn't try blocking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    Did you watch the game last night? Foles runs a TD because of a great Maclin block. And that's common for him.
    I guess one game that recently happened, should make us forget about the numerous holding calls he had calling back good runs by Shady last year and this?

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    That's why I said it was common. He's a good blocker. I'm sorry if the recent proof is enough.

vCash
    Your blind hating is seriously comical at times. I want to laugh so hard at this bolded comment, but it's hard proving someone wrong on a forum without readily available proof.
    You claim me to be wrong, yet show no proof, none at all. This is almost like the Cruz being better than jackson debate, that you miraculously always bring Maclin into it, put him down, in hopes that it makes your argument for Jackson stronger. Well, here we go. I for one can back up my claim of Maclin being a better blocker than Jackson. Although Bleacher Report isn't a Be All / End All to this debate, it is one of the only things out there that i have found that rate WR's in the "blocking" category. If you find something that says otherwise, I'd be glad to see it.

Maclin - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ivers/page/117

Jackson - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ivers/page/138

Tis gives the edge to Maclin. Again, Maclin is a good blocker, Desean is not a great blocker. To say otherwise is absurd, but please, please find something that says differently. I'll wait.

I wasn't even referring to Gruden only, I've already suggested how much of a nutcase he is when it comes to some of the things he says, I'm talking about guys like Collingsworth, Aikman a lot of commentators we've had during the big prime time games.
    Sunday Nighter, the prime game at 1 or 4 oclock.

I dunno what more you want me to use as proof besides people who are also watching the same game as us but without an unbiased opinion.
    I want you to take the homer glasses off when it comes to Desean, and realize he isn't the greatest thing since sliced cheese like you want everyone to believe.

Not only this for a couple years now.
    I've pointed it out in the game threads but I've posted so damn much, its impossible for me to go back and find the exact situations.

But I remember one where he got called for the holding call then hurt himself on the same play falling down trying to block that same guy.
    Oh, you mean the whole whopping 2 holding penalites that Maclin has been called for this year? Astounding!! I wonder what hurt the team more? Maclin's 2 holding calls, or the 5 taunting, unsportsmanlike, excessive celebration calls, etc. that are credited to Mr. Jackson in the last 3 years? Hmmm? That doesn't include other penalties such as holding/PI/etc either.

What does the team underperforming have to do with blocking responsibilities. Blocking is your own strength, unless your suggesting he dogged it and didn't try blocking at all.

I guess one game that recently happened, should make us forget about the numerous holding calls he had calling back good runs by Shady last year and this?
    2. 2 times this year. And guess who didn't have a single upheld penalty last season (2011), you guessed it, Maclin. But please, please keep making things up. 2010, no penalties for Maclin, 5 for Jackson. I mean, I guess we could go all the way back to 2009 where Maclin had 2 penalties assessed, 1 being for PI, the other was "other", again, not holding. But you are right, many he does it all the time, right? Oops, almost forgot, Desean had 3 in 2009, uh oh.

So, are we done here?

vCash
    While we are at it, let's look at some advanced stats for receivers, this will be fun. Hopefully this will help put to bed the whole Jackson > Cruz debate, and also shed some light on Maclin not being our best WR.

Again, stats don't always tell the whole story, but it's much better than the ol' eyeball test.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Looky there, both Cruz and Maclin rate higher than Jackson. Who would have thunk it?

A few interesting tidbits. I know one of the comments that get thrown around a lot is that Jackson has better hands, but looky there, when "actual" statistics are used Maclin has a catch rate noticeably higher than Jackson. Catch rate measure the percentage of passes thrown to the receiver that are completed. Although Maclin has more drops, he catches a better percentage of catchable balls than Jackson.

Another stat that really jumped out was the DPI, DPI lists the number of plays and yards where the receiver drew Defensive Pass Interference.. You'll notice the difference from Maclin to Jackson. Maclin seems to be better at draweing contact and getting a flag, while Jackson hasn't seen that type of production.

Outside of Jackson's amazing 2009 campaign, Maclin has rated statistically higher in value in each of the other 3 seasons. In all 4, Maclin has rated higher in percentage of catchable balls.

In 2011 and 2012, Cruz has been statistically more valuable than both Jackson and maclin both.

So, EB4L, let's put this non-sense to bed.

vCash
    ugh yeah i gotta agree with BDAWK here...

what Maclin is not a great at in the NFL is contact while having the ball in his hands. Hes not an amazingly awesome speedster but he is a very good route runner. He doesnt have top hands but he has way above above average hands. As blocker I would say him, then Avant are the best to WR blockers in the game. And quite honestly possibly in the NFC EAST. Miles Austin just may be the best blocker but Maclin will give him a run for his money. And if Sunday proved anything its that hes actually a very good blocker....very good.

DeSean is 1 thing I feel... a DISTRACTION. Thats all I feel he is honestly worth, well and a PR too lol. If we get a BIG WR opposite of him it would be amazing. I hear all the claims on here about put him in the slot because of his size / speed yada yada yada.... Sorry hes not Amendola / Welker those guys are honestly better. We have Avant for our possession. DeSean needs to be used as a DOWNFIELD threat, someone that causes separation and can pull the safety over there with him. While utlizing our "newly acquired" BIG WR to sit in the middle...

Just look at what the TEXANS do for Andre Johnson

look at Fitz when he had a QB / surrounding cast

Its rare to get a freak like Megatron / Marshall and I dont expect us to get one of those types...

BIG WR
    Maclin - slot
    DJax - edge burner.

But to say Maclin is not a blocker is foolish bro. Hes the best we have on this team of our WRs lol..

And for Gruden I think im the only one that would lobby him to be a HC if Andy were to leave...everyone else hates the idea, i actually love it. But again I hope Andy stays, Im one of the few that has preached this ALL YEAR LONG through and through
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 12-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    But what do I know? Statistics aren't as telling as non-biased broadcasters like Aikman and Joe Buck. :eyeroll:

vCash
    I hate Troy Aikman as an announcer, almost as much as I hate Chris Collinsworth. Jon Gruden isn't the smartest guy, but he sure is entertaining.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast