Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    This is the key right here.

Vick couldn't even scratch 20 points IIRC with a top 3 RB and Djax playing.

Foles threw for 251 yards without Djax and without Maclin being that big a factor.
    He was definitely impressive today and I liked the progress he's made in the 2 games. But the last 5 minutes were awful for him and it seems like that's what people are remembering most out of this game.
    but totally different play calling, if they would of ran the ball more, an quick screens, an passes they would control the ball more and overall play better offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    This is the key right here.

Vick couldn't even scratch 20 points IIRC with a top 3 RB and Djax playing.

Foles threw for 251 yards without Djax and without Maclin being that big a factor.
    He was definitely impressive today and I liked the progress he's made in the 2 games. But the last 5 minutes were awful for him and it seems like that's what people are remembering most out of this game
    Agreed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I disagree. It's cool, it happens.
    Word

vCash
    I'm actually really liking what I see out if Foles. He has areas to
    Improve, but anyone writing him off (like I've seen from some in here) is flat out wrong.

vCash
    I really don't think we should blow this team up. If you remember what happened with Singletary in San Fransico, Andy Reid and co built a great team because of reputation but was not the right guy for the job.

I still love the d-line if they get rid of the wide nine (Cole, Graham, Curry, Hunt, Cox, Patterson), the o-line is above average with the healthy starters, our Rb's can carry the team especially with Peters coming back, our receivers have great speed for play action, Celek is a boss, Kendricks looks like a good young linebacker, and I think Cromartie and Boykins are adequate in coverage.

If we bring in the right coaches to motivate and properly run this team and we get good play from the qb (whoever it may be Vick, Foles, draft or trade) we will be contenders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfan05 View Post
    I really don't think we should blow this team up. If you remember what happened with Singletary in San Fransico, Andy Reid and co built a great team because of reputation but was not the right guy for the job.

I still love the d-line if they get rid of the wide nine (Cole, Graham, Curry, Hunt, Cox, Patterson), the o-line is above average with the healthy starters, our Rb's can carry the team especially with Peters coming back, our receivers have great speed for play action, Celek is a boss, Kendricks looks like a good young linebacker, and I think Cromartie and Boykins are adequate in coverage.

If we bring in the right coaches to motivate and properly run this team and we get good play from the qb (whoever it may be Vick, Foles, draft or trade) we will be contenders.
    There's the optimism I miss!!! Wait for it...here comes a Debbie downer posing as an "eagles fan" to debunk your post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    I'm actually really liking what I see out if Foles. He has areas to
    Improve, but anyone writing him off (like I've seen from some in here) is flat out wrong.
    Flat out wrong huh? I mean, thank God you're here to clear that up.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Foles recognizes the blitz alot better then Vick ever did, but sometimes doesn't put enough velocity on the ball to get it to the receivers in stride....Brown is a power runner who needs to learn how to tuck that ball away....both are making progress faster then most rookies....I like what I've seen out of these two...

Buh Bye Wide 9....just get this defense back to base defense and expand from there....it's almost as if you have to make it simple for these guys and build from there...

vCash
    I like Foles (kinda), but if we have a clock killing team that runs the ball with McCoy, Brown, Havili AND Vick (only at times) and allow Vick to only throw a normal amount we could be dangerously good. Dangerously.

Could you imagine a defense after McCoy has broken all of their ankles trying to slow down Bryce Brown? Flip side, can you imagine a defense trying to catch McCoy after Brown has been knocking them down? I'm starting to think this 1-2 punch is the best running duo in football. How about when both backs are next to Vick in Shotgun...who's gonna run, if anyone?

Further, killing the clock leaves our poor defense off the field more.

Lets do it.

vCash
    Uh ya, there is no scenario where we ware dangerously good. We'd be lucky to be mediocre. Only way I see us even being close to good is if every player does a 180 and magically plays good football again and we somehow draft instant studs with every pick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster89 View Post
    Foles looked really good, especially since he was playing with our B team offense and we put up the most points all season. Did he have some bad moment, sure, but thats expected of a rookie..he got more out of our offense than Mike Vick did all season. Good game for him in my opinion, encouraging game.
    This

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Uh ya, there is no scenario where we ware dangerously good. We'd be lucky to be mediocre. Only way I see us even being close to good is if every player does a 180 and magically plays good football again and we somehow draft instant studs with every pick
    I meant offensively. We have been terrible this year, but this team had consecutive years in which we kept breaking franchise records. Some tweaks need to be made, but that same offense is still there.

Defense....yikes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I like Foles (kinda), but if we have a clock killing team that runs the ball with McCoy, Brown, Havili AND Vick (only at times) and allow Vick to only throw a normal amount we could be dangerously good. Dangerously.

Could you imagine a defense after McCoy has broken all of their ankles trying to slow down Bryce Brown? Flip side, can you imagine a defense trying to catch McCoy after Brown has been knocking them down? I'm starting to think this 1-2 punch is the best running duo in football. How about when both backs are next to Vick in Shotgun...who's gonna run, if anyone?

Further, killing the clock leaves our poor defense off the field more.

Lets do it.
    If we still have Andy we won't be running with neither.

- I love Ray Lewis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    If we still have Andy we won't be running with neither.
    We're running now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    We're running now!

Because Foles is a rookie, every time we had our starting QB injured and our back up was playing he would run the ball more. (remember Garcia, Detmer and Feeley)

But the second he feels comfortable with the QB he will start throwing it like crazy in 3 straight downs.

- I love Ray Lewis.

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast