Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    ALL season you have posted post after post stating the problem with this team was QB (Vick). ALL season. Don't change your stance now.

You're welcome Bryce Brown. But yes, Foles played well for what he was asked to do. that's my issue though, don't limit him, I need to see if he can go out, put a team on his back, and win a game.
    In the beginning of the season I said it was vick/Oline/Coaching and you can go back and check those posts.... I said vick makes the oline worse then it is with how long he holds on to the ball but stated the Oline is bad regardless.... I was a huge supporter of the defense only up until the final quarter of the Giants game.....Now its everything...the first few games it was all vick/Oline/Coaching with a ton of it on vick for the fumbling.

You were using pressure/Sacks/Hits as an example to why its not on vick and all on this Oline but completely negated the fact that its the story of vicks career...I guess he had a bad Oline every year

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 25YrsNcounting View Post
    Whoa whoa what? Bad decisions are expected out of a 3rd round rookie QB. They're not expected out of a 33 year old vet who is still waiting for the ink to dry on his 100 million dollar contract.

Really man? You're better than that!
    Bad decisions are bad decisions. Period.

One of the strong characteristics about Foles was supposed to be his accuracy, another his decision making. Both have been suspect.

With Vick, you know what you get. Turnovers are an issue, but he also has the ability to go win a game with sheer athleticism if needed. if you don't expect the bad with the good of Vick, then you are fooling yourself.

The turnovers weren't going to continue at the pace they started, and to think they were is foolish. Most everything reverts back to the norm.

But yes, in the end, Vick must take care of the ball better, I've never argued the contrary.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Whoa whoa what? Bad decisions are expected out of a 3rd round rookie QB. They're not expected out of a 33 year old vet who is still waiting for the ink to dry on his 100 million dollar contract.

Really man? You're better than that!
    i think vick is terrible. but the decisions foles makes with the consistency he makes them aren't ok for anyone. the 3rd round excuse is fine but considering the eagles are looking to him for the future he may as well be the #1 pick because he's being asked to be a 1st rounder and be a starting NFL QB

once you are thrust into that role round no longer matters. only flashes as a rookie, and eventual consistent production. the first part is flashes, foles hasn't even hit that step yet

that's what bothers me

vCash
    Well I like BDawk. We all say **** that others don't agree with or that others find asinine. I know I've been guilty of it numerous times.
    Dun worry we have been going at it for the entire season now lol

vCash
    ALL season you have posted post after post stating the problem with this team was QB (Vick). ALL season. Don't change your stance now.

You're welcome Bryce Brown. But yes, Foles played well for what he was asked to do. that's my issue though, don't limit him, I need to see if he can go out, put a team on his back, and win a game.
    Bryce Brown or not he led them to 27 points of turnover free football. Don't sell the guy short.

I agree though, at this point the season is over. Let him sling the rock a little more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    i think vick is terrible. but the decisions foles makes with the consistency he makes them aren't ok for anyone. the 3rd round excuse is fine but considering the eagles are looking to him for the future he may as well be the #1 pick because he's being asked to be a 1st rounder and be a starting NFL QB

once you are thrust into that role round no longer matters. only flashes as a rookie, and eventual consistent production. the first part is flashes, foles hasn't even hit that step yet

that's what bothers me
    The 3rd round excuse is not fine... Nomatter where someone is drafted it should not be an excuse....It being his 3rd game is the key. If he plays the rest of the year and shows 0 improvement I will agree he blows but its 3 games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    In the beginning of the season I said it was vick/Oline/Coaching and you can go back and check those posts.... I said vick makes the oline worse then it is with how long he holds on to the ball but stated the Oline is bad regardless.... I was a huge supporter of the defense only up until the final quarter of the Giants game.....Now its everything...the first few games it was all vick/Oline/Coaching with a ton of it on vick for the fumbling.

You were using pressure/Sacks/Hits as an example to why its not on vick and all on this Oline but completely negated the fact that its the story of vicks career...I guess he had a bad Oline every year
    Good try, good effort.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Bryce Brown or not he led them to 27 points of turnover free football. Don't sell the guy short.

I agree though, at this point the season is over. Let him sling the rock a little more.
    This is the key right here.

Vick couldn't even scratch 20 points IIRC with a top 3 RB and Djax playing.

Foles threw for 251 yards without Djax and without Maclin being that big a factor.
    He was definitely impressive today and I liked the progress he's made in the 2 games. But the last 5 minutes were awful for him and it seems like that's what people are remembering most out of this game.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

Foles threw for 251 yards without Djax and without Maclin being that big a factor.
    He was definitely impressive today and I liked the progress he's made in the 2 games. But the last 5 minutes were awful for him and it seems like that's what people are remembering most out of this game.

vCash

Which is exactly my point. Give Vick a balanced offensive attack by using the run game, and don't expect him to go out and throw the ball 40 times a game and this is a completely different team, IMO.

100 million contract or not, choosing not to play to your QB's strengths and expecting him to become something he isn't is nuts, and may cost Andy his job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    The 3rd round excuse is not fine... Nomatter where someone is drafted it should not be an excuse....It being his 3rd game is the key. If he plays the rest of the year and shows 0 improvement I will agree he blows but its 3 games.
    i never said he's a guaranteed failure. i don't trust him, at all. he's given me nothing. that's my point. i don't see a future with foles because he has not shown me a future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post

7 points off a KR, 14 off of 15+ yard runs. 21 out of 27 points had little to do with Foles.

Foles played well today, made some good throws, made some very poor throws, and really mis-read some key reads late in the game.

Foles did what he was asked to do, nothing more. That's my issue, i want him to step up and take the job. That is something he hasn't done yet.

vCash
    Dwight Howard has missed over 100 free throws already this season. Yikes.

vCash
    Which is exactly my point. Give Vick a balanced offensive attack by using the run game, and don't expect him to go out and throw the ball 40 times a game and this is a completely different team, IMO.

100 million contract or not, choosing not to play to your QB's strengths and expecting him to become something he isn't is nuts, and may cost Andy his job.
    Yeah then you'll have the Vick led Atlanta Falcons in midnight green. That's not enough nor is it a recipe for success in this day and age in the NFL.

vCash
    Yeah then you'll have the Vick led Atlanta Falcons in midnight green. That's not enough nor is it a recipe for success in this day and age in the NFL.
    I disagree. It's cool, it happens.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast