Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'll start coaching my kids to lose, hell with pride and working for the others suited up with you.
    Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 12-02-2012 at 05:13 PM.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    From BGN:

In another game that can only help the Eagles, the Browns are in Oakland to face the Raiders. Both teams are 3-8, so a win either way bumps the Eagles up. I would say to root for Oakland there, because they're just a worse team and more likely to lose in the final weeks and they clearly have a weaker strength of schedule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Losing is better for the team in the long term, losing to the girls means nothing because this season is completely over and pointless.
    We swept the Cowboys last year, what satisfaction did we get out of that because we still missed the playoffs??

They already won earlier this year, winning just to split the series with them this year and for pride is just not a smart idea.

I'll take a top 3 pick this year over anything.
    Our main objective is to win the SB now worry about how the season series goes with the Cowboys. There is always next year.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll start coaching my kids to lose, hell with pride and working for the others suited up with you.
    This logic is flawed

A) you aren't coaching the eagles

b) so therefore you have no real stake in them other han being a fan so instilling values in eagles players is meaningless

C) therefore your only desire should be the progress of the franchise

D) therefore you should want the highest pick imaginable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    This logic is flawed

A) you aren't coaching the eagles

b) so therefore you have no real stake in them other han being a fan so instilling values in eagles players is meaningless

C) therefore your only desire should be the progress of the franchise

D) therefore you should want the highest pick imaginable
    I've seen what losing does, to this very franchise.

People assume because we will make changes, get a high pick, that everything will shape up and SB here we come.

Losing will cost us dearly. Our coach, players, etc. Losing is more than just a high pick, it effects much more.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Route 36 West View Post
    Lol at people questioning others' fanhood for rooting for a loss.
    It's so illogical. We aren't making the playoffs so let root for the eagles to win and therefore meaninglessly get a worse pick

Lots of levelheaded people here

It doesn't make sense and is laughable at best. If you aren't in the playoffs or even in the hunt then you want the best picks

vCash

People assume because we will make changes, get a high pick, that everything will shape up and SB here we come.

Losing will cost us dearly. Our coach, players, etc. Losing is more than just a high pick, it effects much more.
    Being mediocre is more detrimental in every aspect.

vCash
    But if we win we get to say we beat the Cowboys and revel in that fact for, like, 24 hours!

vCash
    Culture doesn't cause losing, bad coaching, bad players, bad scouting and bad management do

The clippers are the worst franchise in basketball yet they get griffin and Paul and suddenly win, but that's a losing culture

49ers lose for a decade but hire harbaugh and suddenly are contenders.

It's about the personel in the franchise. Losing Culture doesn't exist in sports it's about having the right players, coaches, and management

vCash

You think the fact that this team will lose a bunch of games at the end of this season will have ANY effect on the completely revamped group of coaches and players next year?

vCash
    I'll just continue to agree to disagree.

I hate losing, period.

vCash
    I just can't understand some fans, its not like were completely scrapping every position and starting from scratch.

We have a strong core in place, a core that every Eagle fan thought was SB contender worthy heading into this season and last season, were going to get healthier and yet people don't think next year with a healthier roster and a top 3 pick added to the squad we can't get back to prominence just baffles my mind.

It just goes to show you how spoiled we have been the past 10 years.

2013 Mock Chicago Bulls

vCash
    I'm rooting for the Browns against the Raiders since they own the tiebreaker against us since we beat them in week one.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    There's a difference between rooting for a loss and being ok with a loss. Like I said before, I can't root for them to lose to Dallas. However, if they do, it's not like it's going to be some back breaking loss. That's why the only way a win tonight will be satisfying in any way is if we demolish them (which let's face it, is not going to happen.)

BDawk I get what you're saying, but if the Eagles win this game 13-10, what is that doing for you? If this team somehow breaks out tonight and goes on another hot streak to end the season, I'll get behind it and hope a miracle gets us into the playoffs. But that's a tremendous "if."

Otherwise, any games this team does win are probably going to be as sloppy as the losses have been with a little luck mixed in. I'm not gonna sit here and hope they lose this game, but how can you really be disappointed if they do? This season cannot get any more disappointing than it already is. You don't have to "root" for them to lose, but the reality is losing helps this team more than winning does for the rest of this season.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    There's a difference between rooting for a loss and being ok with a loss. Like I said before, I can't root for them to lose to Dallas. However, if they do, it's not like it's going to be some back breaking loss. That's why the only way a win tonight will be satisfying in any way is if we demolish them (which let's face it, is not going to happen.)

BDawk I get what you're saying, but if the Eagles win this game 13-10, what is that doing for you? If this team somehow breaks out tonight and goes on another hot streak to end the season, I'll get behind it and hope a miracle gets us into the playoffs. But that's a tremendous "if."

Otherwise, any games this team does win are probably going to be as sloppy as the losses have been with a little luck mixed in. I'm not gonna sit here and hope they lose this game, but how can you really be disappointed if they do? This season cannot get any more disappointing than it already is. You don't have to "root" for them to lose, but the reality is losing helps this team more than winning does for the rest of this season.
    I was just about to say something similar to this. You guys act like who you root for will effect the outcome of the game, ill root for the eagles to win every single game just like i always have and sitting at 3-8 clearly my rooting hasnt done ****. Accepting defeat is completly different from rooting against them, like i said before i will never root for the cowboys to beat the eagles

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast