Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500

    which skill set do you value more?

    post moves or jump shooting?

    sg-
    pg-
    sf-
    pf-
    c-

    or just for a player in general (if you want to answer this)
    Last edited by Money_23; 11-30-2012 at 04:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,040
    vCash
    500
    What position?

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,226
    vCash
    1500
    Case by case answer.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    Sf, they normally are versatile and can defend and play multiple positions.

    from larry to pippen to bron, perfect examples.


    LETS GO HEAT




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    There
    Posts
    8,226
    vCash
    1500
    Still a weird question.

    I'd take Dirk over let's say Pau Gasol if we're talking about jumpshooting vs post games, but I wouldn't take him over Shaq, Duncan, The Dream.

    While jumpshots encompass 3 pointers and implies improved spacing, a lot of times a dominant low post big is what makes all of that possible by drawing double teams, creating contact to get to the line, etc. I think with all that said, generally I'd take the superior post game but it depends on the level that the players in question can produce at.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    Still a weird question.

    I'd take Dirk over let's say Pau Gasol if we're talking about jumpshooting vs post games, but I wouldn't take him over Shaq, Duncan, The Dream.

    While jumpshots encompass 3 pointers and implies improved spacing, a lot of times a dominant low post big is what makes all of that possible by drawing double teams, creating contact to get to the line, etc. I think with all that said, generally I'd take the superior post game but it depends on the level that the players in question can produce at.
    yeah I see what you mean, the question is weird now that I think about it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,568
    vCash
    1500
    Yea, depends on position

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arco
    Posts
    4,706
    vCash
    1500
    Depends on what you already have on the court, if your team needs jump shooters to spread the floor than definitely a jump shooter, but if your team needs a go to player in the post than a post player... hence If I had Ryan Anderson I wouldn't want to place someone like Bargs next to him, because our team would definitely have problems rebounding and defending the bigger bigs in the league, But if I had prime Shaq, I would want to place Ryan Anderson to give him space to operate.

    So in other words, it doesn't just depend based off of position, but team needs. Which is the number one reasons why I love the spurs. Gregg P, does a great job of placing players in situations where they succeed based off of their talents maximizing their production.
    Last edited by Sactown; 11-30-2012 at 04:56 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    642
    vCash
    1500
    You want your forwards to post and your guards to shoot.
    SF is different where they're a jack of all trades type position in they should be able to do everything relatively well.

    Now thats not to say a pf cant be a shooter and a guard cant post but i would say thats more of an addition to the more common skillset

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,310
    vCash
    1500
    post moves or jump shooting?

    sg-shooting
    pg-passing and shooting
    sf-post and shooting
    pf-post and shooting
    c-post

    or just for a player in general (if you want to answer this)


    LETS GO HEAT




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,617
    vCash
    1500
    PG - court vision, playmaking
    SG - 3pt specialist
    SF - slasher, athleticism
    PF - low post scorer
    C - rebounder, blocker

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    16,898
    vCash
    1500
    PG- Court vision, shooting, passing, slashing
    SG- Shooting, slashing
    SF- Shooting, slashing, post
    PF- Shooting, post
    C- Post, defensive skills

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,040
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    post moves or jump shooting?

    sg-
    pg-
    sf-
    pf-
    c-

    or just for a player in general (if you want to answer this)
    PG - Basketball IQ
    SG - Jump Shooting
    SF - General Scoring
    PF - Post Moves
    C - Post Moves

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,125
    vCash
    2502
    Every team needs both, but obviously you would want your PGs and SGs to be better shooters and your center to be better in the post. However, SF and PF could go either way. There are a lot of SFs who do most of their damage on the block and a lot of PFs who do most of their damage 15 feet or further from the basket. There's a benefit to smaller players having low post games and for bigger guys to have jump shots.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •