Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Source: Stoudemire aims for Christmas return

Amar'e Stoudemire plans to return to the New York Knicks lineup on or around Christmas, a source close to the power forward told ESPNNewYork.com.

On Dec. 25, the Knicks have a highly-anticipated showdown on the road against the Los Angeles Lakers. Stoudemire targeting Christmas was reported earlier by the New York Post.
    Stoudemire had left knee debridement during the offseason and hasn't played since then. He was initially expected to miss 6-8 weeks.
    During Friday morning's shootaround at the Knicks' training facility, Stoudemire did some running and shooting drills and did lateral drills with resistance bands to build strength in his legs. It was the first time the media had seen him working out since his surgical procedure.

"We're going to accept Amar'e back when he's ready to go, and when that is, I don't know. I really don't," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said after shootaround. "That's a great sign he's out running and he's shooting a little bit. We're just going to gauge it as he goes along, and doctors and Amar'e will tell us when he's ready."

The Knicks are 10-4 in Stoudemire's absence. To fit in with the team he is open to coming off the bench when he returns, two sources toldESPNNewYork.com this week.

The Knicks are missing another piece in guard Jason Kidd, who has been dealing with a back injury. He will miss the Washington game Friday and is now looking to return next week.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ristmas-return
    Video of Carmelo Anthony first time in the Barclays center http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZIIQmQ2qRA

Quote Originally Posted by oballers View Post
    the only statistic I will care about is how many W's we have and how much fun it was watching us get those Ws.

If you don't understand what I mean see the formula below:

((Amount of Joy)* Playoff Wins * # of Championships/ Number of times cheered) * # of beers drunk / % of trash talking

vCash
    Only 3.5 more weeks to go!

So, a 2 month layoff, back for Christmas. Wonder what his game will look like...

vCash
    Nice. I think stoudemire should start but he should accept a less offensive roll and really focus on defense and rebounding. I know that's not his strengths but if he focuses on that...the rest will come and our team won't take a step back

vCash
    I disagreee, He didn't work with Hakeem for no reason.. He shouldn't force it but the team should work him into being the second option

vCash
    we need stat for the bigger teams like LAL and Memph. he's a better rebounder than melo at the 4, and is a 2nd shotblocking presence around the rim. Hopefully Woody limits his minutes this season, around 25-30 so he can stay healthy for the reg season.

vCash
    Im excited cant wait to see Stat

vCash
    I'm excited I feel like he will come back strong off the bench
    New York State of Mind

vCash
    Phenomenal

i7 3770k 16gb DDR3 GTX 780

vCash
    He should.play 30 minutes largely off the bench

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torocan View Post
    Only 3.5 more weeks to go!

So, a 2 month layoff, back for Christmas. Wonder what his game will look like...

And this is the one of the best reasons to bring him off the bench, and have him work his way into the starting lineup

My man Ike got a bad rap

vCash
    I cant wait to see stat play some ball. I miss that guy.

vCash
    Prigioni to stat pick and rolls!? Wooooo!! Hope we get to see stat posterize some people

vCash
    It is going to be so interesting to watch this team when he does get back.

Stay tuned!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post

Stay tuned!
    Agreed. It's about to get real weird in NY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post

Stay tuned!
    I think its going to go much better than any Knick fan has fantasized about. We'll know by the end of January. We might be gutting teams by then.

My man Ike got a bad rap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast