Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYBALL View Post
    A-Roid to the rescue . .....
    Wait, you don't like Arod????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Still a little early but as of now? Hell No!

We have a CF who has no discipline at the plate.
    We have a SS who has gained 25 lbs and looks really out of shape
    We have a 2 Old starters and a very old Closer coming off a knee injury
    We have an ace who just had his elbow cleaned out
    We have 2 yo yo's in the rotation with Hughes and Nova
    We have a pull happy 1st basemen whose average and OBA are sinking
    We have a z3rd basemen who can't hit righties anymore
    We have no starting catcher
    We have no starting RFer
    We have a LF who can't stay healthy

Basically talking in jest but if the old crusty vets do not replicate their 2012 numbers the Bombers will stink up the joint....not worried about Cano and..........................
    Nice... Tells me that you are NOT a fan of the Yankees. You are nothing more than another person who believes that the Yanks can just go buy all the best players because they want to and get peeved when they don't... Stick to "The Show" where it can be done.

I will say it is too early to tell. Cash has a habit of finding deals in the most unlikely places (who saw the Pineda trade, or kuroda signing last year. Or how Colon and Garcia pitched for them the year before that... or the Granderson deal?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    A lot of it hinges on if we can get consistent production out of A-Rod and Tex in the middle of the order. Didn't get too much of it last season, especially from A-Rod.
    I predict a mid .700 OPS for both of them.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    maybe we are not but we made the alcs with the lineup a non factor and wom 95 games. we need our 1b and 3b to step up and we will have andy for the whole year and gardner we need a catcher but we are fine its early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    Nice... Tells me that you are NOT a fan of the Yankees. You are nothing more than another person who believes that the Yanks can just go buy all the best players because they want to and get peeved when they don't... Stick to "The Show" where it can be done.

I will say it is too early to tell. Cash has a habit of finding deals in the most unlikely places (who saw the Pineda trade, or kuroda signing last year. Or how Colon and Garcia pitched for them the year before that... or the Granderson deal?)
    Bro, just said if the vets do not replicate their numbers the team will struggle...I have no problem with the roster....what if Jeter struggles and ARod is hurt again? Or Pettitte and Mo show their age? Teix Yanks need these players to perform.
    Nick

vCash
    It is Dec 1st right?

vCash
    Errmegerrrrrrrd!

Last place!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Personally, I feel last years team, as constructed, was one of the worst teams to watch in recent memory. So is next years team better? I really hope so though letting Martin leave was a colossal blunder....

vCash
    How could we not be better? Everybody knows the best remedy for old injured players is for them to get one year older. And to get rid of the younger healthier players on the team who make them feel depressed. Exit Swish, Martin, and Soriano.
    Now if Cano would just develop some maturity and maybe a limp this lineup would be perfect.
    And don't you just love Tex's imitation of the Giambi pull?
    No playoffs for the next two years.
    Take your kids to the zoo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    How could we not be better? Everybody knows the best remedy for old injured players is for them to get one year older. And to get rid of the younger healthier players on the team who make them feel depressed. Exit Swish, Martin, and Soriano.
    Now if Cano would just develop some maturity and maybe a limp this lineup would be perfect.
    And don't you just love Tex's imitation of the Giambi pull?
    No playoffs for the next two years.
    Take your kids to the zoo.
    Fatter helps too...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    My thoughts on this are over in the Off-Topic thread. Go over there and still complain about the Yankees after reading my post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Errmegerrrrrrrd!

Last place!
    We were also an 85 win team last year? Right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    We were also an 85 win team last year? Right?
    Played like one in the playoffs, so yes.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    I'm not confident in this team as of now. Replace Nova and Hughes with two efficient pitchers and sign Hamilton/trade Granderson and I'd be in a much better place. A catcher would help too. **** it, I would offer Pierzynski a 2 year deal right now. Sure we would have the two most hated players in baseball but who cares. Frankly, I like AJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombers88 View Post
    Before anyone jumps down my throat, I realize that it is still early in the off season. But is the 2013 shaping up to be any bette than the 2012 team? I agree that bringing back Pettite, Kuroda, and Rivera were big but the Yankees are just essentialy bringing back the 2012 team. We are now without a C and RF. Lets assume Ichiro comes back. And no matter what you say about Martin, he is a beter option than anyone else on the team right now. So with that being said, are the 2013 Yankees going to be any better?
    If we still keep swinging for the fences it will be more of the same. We will get into the playoffs and hope we don't face pitchers who are on top of their game. That is almost impossible. The opposing teams are not going to pitch to our hitters sweet spots. But our guys will continue to try and pull it two miles over the fence resulting in sky high pop-ups and double play grounders.

Considering that he can no longer hit a fastball over 85 m.p.h. ARod may want to start choking up and looking for contact hits. It won't happen. He is a homerun hitter. He will face pre-season pitching in Florida, hit the ball a mile and continue to believe that he can do it. He can't see that it is over for him as a power hitter, nevermind accept it.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12