Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    29,143
    vCash
    1500
    One day a deal with Wright wasn't going to get done till after the Winter Meetings and the next day he signs.

    Maybe we are playing games with reporters.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Brian Costa @BrianCostaWSJ

    No plans yet for Dickey to meet with Mets in Nashville, but he's willing to if necessary.
    They are having the winter meetings in Nashville (in the state where Dickey resides) and they don't plan on meeting with him if trade plans don't materialize?

    I am sure they will meet with him at some point next week to discuss a possible contract.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    27,287
    vCash
    1500
    Pains me to say this but I can't disagree with the approach of seeing what's out there for Dickey at peak value.

    I still have a hard time you're going to get back anything near value for the guy if he's actually willing to sign for 3 years/$25 million.
    Go Grab My Belt

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,477
    vCash
    1500
    If it helps us get younger I guess it's OK. Which is why trading Niese doesn't make too much sense. Especially when we don't have another lefty for our rotation sans Santana who is up in the air after 2013.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    2,810
    vCash
    1500
    I think we all, as fans, have been waiting for this kind of mentality from the FO.

    THANK YOU PROKY!!!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    2,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Pains me to say this but I can't disagree with the approach of seeing what's out there for Dickey at peak value.

    I still have a hard time you're going to get back anything near value for the guy if he's actually willing to sign for 3 years/$25 million.
    In reality you wouldn't get anything back of value for a 38-39 year old pitcher, knuckle or not...Cy Young or not. But what you hope for is a desperate team, with some chips to play with. Which is why I feel the Winter Meeting are so important. They are in Nashville. Dickey's home. Everyone will be there. We could see a tremendous push as soon as the meetings start, as soon as SA has an answer about a trade, we could have Dickey's extension in the same afternoon.

    THANK YOU PROKY!!!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,973
    vCash
    1500
    whats up with the Niese for Justin Upton or Wil Myers line? Hopefully everyone on here realizes there's no way Niese alone can get either...... or even close to getting either of them. Myers in the number 3 prospect in all of MLB and Upton has been great at times, extremely young and has worlds of potential to be a star in the league for many yrs. Niese is a solid number 3 starter or maybe number 2 starter on a bad team.

    If you wanna talk Upton and/or Myers type of players, better start talking about Harvey or Wheeler.

    Otherwise, NO WAY we get either of these guys.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,506
    vCash
    1500
    If I'm trading Niese, I'd really like a guy like Myers back. Don't know if the Royals would want to do that though

    With Dickey it's a different story; I'd be willing to get a few top notch prospects who are still a couple years away. Would rather get a guy who's close to the majors but if the haul of younger prospects is good enough, I'd pull the trigger


    2014-2015 New York Knicks

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    I would not trade either Dickey or Niese. Build this team on pitching, defense and speed...the latter 2 are severly limited, but the pitching is good.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    52,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    whats up with the Niese for Justin Upton or Wil Myers line? Hopefully everyone on here realizes there's no way Niese alone can get either...... or even close to getting either of them. Myers in the number 3 prospect in all of MLB and Upton has been great at times, extremely young and has worlds of potential to be a star in the league for many yrs. Niese is a solid number 3 starter or maybe number 2 starter on a bad team.

    If you wanna talk Upton and/or Myers type of players, better start talking about Harvey or Wheeler.

    Otherwise, NO WAY we get either of these guys.
    Left-handers that are 26 years old under contract for 6 more six seasons coming off a 3.40 ERA season are very valuable. Quality young pitching is such a valuable commodity. Niese is very valuable.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,774
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Left-handers that are 26 years old under contract for 6 more six seasons coming off a 3.40 ERA season are very valuable. Quality young pitching is such a valuable commodity. Niese is very valuable.
    Amen.

    Niese is a commodity with such a team friendly deal as a number 3 starter.

    Niese also has room for improvement imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •