Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    One day a deal with Wright wasn't going to get done till after the Winter Meetings and the next day he signs.

Maybe we are playing games with reporters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Brian Costa @BrianCostaWSJ

No plans yet for Dickey to meet with Mets in Nashville, but he's willing to if necessary.
    They are having the winter meetings in Nashville (in the state where Dickey resides) and they don't plan on meeting with him if trade plans don't materialize?

I am sure they will meet with him at some point next week to discuss a possible contract.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 09:23 PM.

vCash
    Pains me to say this but I can't disagree with the approach of seeing what's out there for Dickey at peak value.

I still have a hard time you're going to get back anything near value for the guy if he's actually willing to sign for 3 years/$25 million.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    If it helps us get younger I guess it's OK. Which is why trading Niese doesn't make too much sense. Especially when we don't have another lefty for our rotation sans Santana who is up in the air after 2013.
    Sandy Alderson says Mets' 2014 payroll will be more than $87 million
    (11/19/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    Payroll is $85 million this year. It was $85 million last year.
    (05/27/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Alderson
    I don't think we're that far away.
    (6 games under .500 before June. Not that far away from what?)

vCash
    I think we all, as fans, have been waiting for this kind of mentality from the FO.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Pains me to say this but I can't disagree with the approach of seeing what's out there for Dickey at peak value.

I still have a hard time you're going to get back anything near value for the guy if he's actually willing to sign for 3 years/$25 million.
    In reality you wouldn't get anything back of value for a 38-39 year old pitcher, knuckle or not...Cy Young or not. But what you hope for is a desperate team, with some chips to play with. Which is why I feel the Winter Meeting are so important. They are in Nashville. Dickey's home. Everyone will be there. We could see a tremendous push as soon as the meetings start, as soon as SA has an answer about a trade, we could have Dickey's extension in the same afternoon.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    whats up with the Niese for Justin Upton or Wil Myers line? Hopefully everyone on here realizes there's no way Niese alone can get either...... or even close to getting either of them. Myers in the number 3 prospect in all of MLB and Upton has been great at times, extremely young and has worlds of potential to be a star in the league for many yrs. Niese is a solid number 3 starter or maybe number 2 starter on a bad team.

If you wanna talk Upton and/or Myers type of players, better start talking about Harvey or Wheeler.

Otherwise, NO WAY we get either of these guys.

vCash
    If I'm trading Niese, I'd really like a guy like Myers back. Don't know if the Royals would want to do that though

With Dickey it's a different story; I'd be willing to get a few top notch prospects who are still a couple years away. Would rather get a guy who's close to the majors but if the haul of younger prospects is good enough, I'd pull the trigger

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    I would not trade either Dickey or Niese. Build this team on pitching, defense and speed...the latter 2 are severly limited, but the pitching is good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    whats up with the Niese for Justin Upton or Wil Myers line? Hopefully everyone on here realizes there's no way Niese alone can get either...... or even close to getting either of them. Myers in the number 3 prospect in all of MLB and Upton has been great at times, extremely young and has worlds of potential to be a star in the league for many yrs. Niese is a solid number 3 starter or maybe number 2 starter on a bad team.

If you wanna talk Upton and/or Myers type of players, better start talking about Harvey or Wheeler.

Otherwise, NO WAY we get either of these guys.
    Left-handers that are 26 years old under contract for 6 more six seasons coming off a 3.40 ERA season are very valuable. Quality young pitching is such a valuable commodity. Niese is very valuable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Left-handers that are 26 years old under contract for 6 more six seasons coming off a 3.40 ERA season are very valuable. Quality young pitching is such a valuable commodity. Niese is very valuable.
    Amen.

Niese is a commodity with such a team friendly deal as a number 3 starter.

Niese also has room for improvement imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-30-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12