Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    762
    vCash
    1500

    Whats the Angels plan for SP?

    Im a big fan but a bit out of touch.

    Clearly we have Wilson & Weaver.
    We just traded for Hanson from Atlanta, clearly a #4 kind of guy, could stretch to a 3.

    Weve ejected Harden & Home Run Derby. Grienke is going to be gobbled up by the insane Dodgers.

    So whats our basic plan to fill it out?
    Guys in minors ready to come up?
    Realistic trade targets or FAs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    22,657
    vCash
    1500
    Basically what we have right now is

    1. Weaver
    2. Wilson
    3. Hanson
    4.
    5. Richards
    6. Williams (Long Relief/Spot Starter)

    We have be linked to Greinke, Haren, and Dempster. Greinke is a long shot at this point.

    I would say any of these guys are realistic free agent options

    Anibal Sanchez
    Dallas Braden
    Dan Haren
    Brandon McCarthy
    Joe Saunders
    Edwin Jackson
    Shuan Marcum
    Ryan Dempster
    Kevin Correia
    Francisco Liriano
    __________________________________._________

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    14,095
    vCash
    1500
    No thanks to Liriano, wouldn't mind the rest

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    762
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    Basically what we have right now is

    1. Weaver
    2. Wilson
    3. Hanson
    4.
    5. Richards
    6. Williams (Long Relief/Spot Starter)

    We have be linked to Greinke, Haren, and Dempster. Greinke is a long shot at this point.

    I would say any of these guys are realistic free agent options

    Anibal Sanchez
    Dallas Braden
    Dan Haren
    Brandon McCarthy
    Joe Saunders
    Edwin Jackson
    Shuan Marcum
    Ryan Dempster
    Kevin Correia
    Francisco Liriano
    Nice work man. thats why PSD is better than reading the LA Times.

    Will be interesting to see where they go with this. We kind of wasted Harens great year (2 yrs ago) with us & now after last year Im not sure he has much left.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    How absurdly ironic is it going to be if we don't resign Haren, but do sign Saunders?
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    359
    vCash
    1500
    Dempster wanted to be traded to the Dodgers prior to the Rangers deal and he could be an option. I think that the team is still looking to retain Greinke. They've made their offer and Casey Close is trying to pressure Moreno into upping the ante.

    I think Richards deserves the 5th spot in the rotation. If Greinke cannot be retained, I do not like the idea of a longterm deal to Sanchez. Lohse does not make sense, as that would force surrendering the first round draft pick.

    Possibly Shaun Marcum or Brandon McCarthy. The trade for Hanson really helped solidify the rotation regardless and it sends a clear message to the Greinke camp. The team is considering fallback options and will not be forced into increasing the offer.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,163
    vCash
    1500
    I'm assuming if Greinke signs elsewhere, they'll be looking to sign at least one of Marcum, McCarthy, Jackson and Saunders.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,734
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    How absurdly ironic is it going to be if we don't resign Haren, but do sign Saunders?
    Enough to make me laugh. Especially since, if I recall correctly, you really dislike Saunders.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    7,734
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I'm assuming if Greinke signs elsewhere, they'll be looking to sign at least one of Marcum, McCarthy, Jackson and Saunders.
    I think we should take McCarthy off that list since he's a huge injury risk and we already have Wilson and Hanson to fill that role.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Enough to make me laugh. Especially since, if I recall correctly, you really dislike Saunders.
    Just because he's terrible, I don't have anything against him personally or anything.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,310
    vCash
    1500
    get Greinke and adams and call it a day

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    455
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog-99 View Post
    Im a big fan but a bit out of touch.

    Clearly we have Wilson & Weaver.
    We just traded for Hanson from Atlanta, clearly a #4 kind of guy, could stretch to a 3.

    Weve ejected Harden & Home Run Derby. Grienke is going to be gobbled up by the insane Dodgers.

    So whats our basic plan to fill it out?
    Guys in minors ready to come up?
    Realistic trade targets or FAs?

    Well with the signings of Blanton and trade for Hanson, it is clear that Moreno is pulling back the checkbook and looking to save money on his overspent roster from last year. No commitment to winning this thing in 2013 with these devastating signings.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    4,494
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Well with the signings of Blanton and trade for Hanson, it is clear that Moreno is pulling back the checkbook and looking to save money on his overspent roster from last year. No commitment to winning this thing in 2013 with these devastating signings.
    Well this is our punishment for not winning in 2012 we cut payroll.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    1500
    since you guys signed Josh Hamilton would you be opposed to sending peter Burjouis to Miami for Ricky Nolasco? Nolasco would make a good 4 or 5 SP and we could use Peter for our Center Fielder.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inland Empire
    Posts
    17,163
    vCash
    1500
    Lol no. Never. We're looking for upgrades (a #1-3 pitcher) not another scrub.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •