Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    The speculation is that Moylan will be non-tendered. The reality is that a middle reliever shouldn't make $3.8M, which is why I speculate that EOF could be gone.
    Which is usually true, but EOF is a closer in a set up role.. Whod we flip him for?

vCash
    Let me say for the record: I'm not rooting against Tommy, he did good things for us early in his career. But I was more concerned that no other team would want him and we'd be stuck with him like Jurrjens in 2012, and watch yet ANOTHER guy kill his remaining value before Memorial Day.

vCash
    https://twitter.com/ajcbraves/status/274612567022915585
    Hanson also has had back issues for at least past couple of years. RT @sox_fan9: @ajcbraves all related to shoulder??
    Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnn... So as I was saying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Which is usually true, but EOF is a closer in a set up role.. Whod we flip him for?
    Just a prospect. He's in his final year of ARB. Just trading a year of EOF. Doing it to free up money more than anything.

vCash
    I honestly would not wanna give up EOF, he's worth the 4 million. He has been too perfect for us. Id rather give up Venters first.

vCash
    Big Red

I am happy and sad at the same time.

vCash
    Again, Wren is amazing! That was a huge return, Walden is controlable til 2016, he wil either be a great 7th inning guy for us this year and a bakup plan in case Eof wants to much in the near future, or , he could be worth a ton at the trade deadline this year or the next. The Dimondbacks want pitching, how bout Delgado, walden , and they can take pasternacky too, for justin upton. Then we just let simmons leadoff.Pie in the sky but still having walden is way better than owing hansen for another year of could be good but not. Saves us the 4 mil now to use for a real outfielder as well.
    ps i dont wanna look at the flyin hawian this year please let it be pagan somhow.

vCash
    and about EoF getin a big salary, he is also a lefty who eats batters avgs alive... we dont need to save money when it comes to lights out guys on our team, we save that 4 mil by trading Big red. hell, depending on how much, id like them to resign durbin. he did very well for us last year. with the rotation we have , if we can make them only need 6 to 7 inings a game with all the arms we have n the bullpen, the wins should be piling n fast n furious like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves302 View Post
    I honestly would not wanna give up EOF, he's worth the 4 million. He has been too perfect for us. Id rather give up Venters first.
    One year ago, today, you wouldn't be saying that. EOF could take a bad turn this year and Venters could fix his problems and come back dominant like he once was... For lots cheaper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justOmazing View Post
    One year ago, today, you wouldn't be saying that. EOF could take a bad turn this year and Venters could fix his problems and come back dominant like he once was... For lots cheaper.
    Eof this last season was good but check the record books, he set records for the season that was before it. so one year ago i would anyway, say , eof is the best lefty reliever we have, and 2nd best closer, hes worth every penny, till we are down to the nub moneywise. Venters is the nastiest lefty we have, Eofs control is far superior tho, venters strikes me of almost mental problems when it goes bad for him. I love venters , but if the game is on the line Eof is the lefty til venters can prove otherwise really, or we run right out of funds.

vCash
    And to go along with "O'VentBrel", we can pair this kid with Martinez to create... "WAL-MART."

Anybody? Hello? Nevermind.

vCash
    ^ lmfao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    And to go along with "O'VentBrel", we can pair this kid with Martinez to create... "WAL-MART."

Anybody? Hello? Nevermind.
    Can you buy O'Ventbrel's at Wal-Mart?

vCash
    Just go with Gearo'ventbreldenez.

vCash
    I loved Tommy Hanson when he came up but its a good deal to free up the dough for a pitcher going in the wrong direction. I hope he regains some of his form in 13 but I know the front office is also thinking about what just happened with JJ.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast