Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Fredi still loves him some Durbin, but we'll see. You could be right.
    but does Frank Wren love him some Durbin?? That's the most important question..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID
    but does Frank Wren love him some Durbin?? That's the most important question..
    I thought someone in here posted a tweet/article saying they were interested in bringing him back. Could be wrong.

vCash
    ajcbraves
    #Braves bullpen addition Walden held lefties to a .171 average (13-for-76) with 31 strikeouts in 2012
    Woah didn't know he was that effective vs lefties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside
    If he regains his control, walks less, and continue to improve his delivery, he could really be a solid guy.
    You notice there are a lot of components to that "if" though, just to become "solid" again.

vCash
    Nice stats.

As for Hanson, even if he turned it around, the Braves would be paying more during his arb years, and I could not see Wren paying Hanson top dollar as a FA. Don't even know if Boras would agree to buying out the arb seasons or if it'd be worth it.

vCash
    I thought someone in here posted a tweet/article saying they were interested in bringing him back. Could be wrong.
    You're right there was an mlbtr article about it but I don't think it's set in stone for us to resign him. This Walden acquisition can change this interest.

vCash
    And anyway i'm full blown cory Gearrin mode. It's his time.

vCash
    I'm surprised nobody has hit on what I believe was Wren was "collecting" the first installment of Justin Upton's salary from the Angels.

I'm really shocked the Twins gave away Span for so little...he was my odds on choice for LF, but as I also posted, if no J-Up, then we'll end up with a Nyger Morgan or somebody else just as crazy. Don't think it will be a Swisher or Ross...maybe Fowler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID
    You're right there was an mlbtr article about it but I don't think it's set in stone for us to resign him. This Walden acquisition can change this interest.
    Bet you didn't think the forum would get this fired up about acquiring a 2nd set-up man though, right? Ha.

vCash
    Walden was a great pick up to set up for Kimbrel. I think his value while down a bit is much higher than Hanson who can barely get his fastball above 90 and was hit very hard this season. Two good moves back to back with Upton and Walden.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Well... I guess it's time for a new sig... lol.

Now Frank is going to have a little more pressure to sign a Nick Swisher type guy at the very least in LF. Offseason has not been boring so far.

Man... this pitching staff is getting down right filthy.
    Last edited by MrJones; 11-30-2012 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    Bet you didn't think the forum would get this fired up about acquiring a 2nd set-up man though, right? Ha.
    I think that's more of a testament to how frustrating Tommy Boy was. haha. But it certainly helps that we have a big 4 back there..Game's over from the 6th inning beyond.

That is of course if we do plan on keeping him...this Justin Upton talk is heating up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I think that's more of a testament to how frustrating Tommy Boy was. haha. But it certainly helps that we have a big 4 back there..Game's over from the 6th inning beyond.

That is of course if we do plan on keeping him...this Justin Upton talk is heating up.

vCash
    Fascinating how many Angels/non-Braves fans are falling over themselves praising Hanson. If this was the Tommy of a few years ago, yeah, but what exactly has he done over the past few seasons to convince anyone that he'll turn it around vs the offensive juggernauts in the AL? The guy struggled to go deep in games against mediocre NL lineups.

vCash
    Freed up 4 mill though.. I like.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast