Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Atl Bill View Post
    I dont see who we would go after, unless we plan on signing greinke and packing our farm to trade for stantion or justin upton.
    mlbbowman
    In many ways this was a salary dump. But the Braves also did not want to send both Teheran & Delgado back to Gwinnett to start another yr.
    We have more then enough options.

vCash
    Not a bad deal. Walden is a solid young reliever. Makes me wonder if Wren has something else up his sleeve. I could see us making a move for another outfielder in a matter of days. Excited to see Teheran or Delgado in the rotation. Hopefully JT can take control of the spot.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLKoos16 View Post
    Not a bad deal. Walden is a solid young reliever. Makes me wonder if Wren has something else up his sleeve. I could see us making a move for another outfielder in a matter of days. Excited to see Teheran or Delgado in the rotation. Hopefully JT can take control of the spot.
    Knowing FW, he will surprise us with something not even mentioned. Hopefully JT can lock down a spot. Nothing against Delgado, very talented, but i want to see Jt live up to his potnetial.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Well our pen is (still) super nasty, and we needed to clear some space in the rotation. I kind of feel like we could have based a trade around Hanson and gotten a little more back but I'm ok with this. Plus we freed up some salary space to maybe make another signing.

vCash
    Walden can be a set up guy, middle reliever or if god forbid, Kimbrell misses time, a spot closer. Adding some salary relief really excites me, I think were going to make a big move. I don't know if its J.U. but i think it equates to a really good LF.

vCash
    I was pretty sick of fat ole Hanson's 5 inning starts anyway

vCash
    I would like to see JT get a chance. I'm tired of hearing about his potential, and I want to see him face MLB hitting. If it becomes obvious he isn't ready, Delgado can come up or maybe Beachy is ready by then.

As for the bullpen, can't have too many strikeout pitchers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    Even though Walden is a righty, I wonder if this is the end of EOF's time in Atlanta.
    I think it is, probably trade him this offseason. How is his salary projected for 2013?

vCash
    I am very torn about this. On one Hand Tommy wasn't producing like he should have and this is a great dump of salary and we do get a good arm to bolster the bullpen. But on the other hand He is only 26 years old and there is a possibility of him working his way out of his slump and being a great pitcher. Who knows let's see what else Wren has up his sleeve
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    I was really shocked to see this happen this soon. Also, if we did trade him I was expecting him to be involved for a position player, not a reliever. But anyways, it's a nice trade in many regards, as y'all have mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    JDM : Jumbo Dick Man

vCash
    This was a trade that was necessary and I love it Walden is a hell of a pitcher out of the bullpen and Hanson was trending the wrong way while becoming more expensive
    2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by

CHAMP BAILEY!!

vCash
    This has to be a precursor for something. Im hoping its a FA now. Our BP depth is sick

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    I've said it before: Wren moves fast in everything he does. I don't always agree with him, but the man wastes no time.

Also, we don't know if Arizona would have even taken guys like Hanson or Pastornicky in a deal for Justin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HickCaesar
    I was pretty sick of fat ole Hanson's 5 inning starts anyway
    A couple of us mentioned during the season that he was inching towards Derek Lowe territory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I think it is, probably trade him this offseason. How is his salary projected for 2013?
    In the payroll thread, the estimate was $3.8M.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast