Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    A couple of us mentioned during the season that he was inching towards Derek Lowe territory.
    lol..yeah he was starting to pack a few pounds and he was so slow to the plate,pitch wise. But you have to admit when he is hot, he really shows what made him so coveted. But when he's bad, he is unbearable to watch.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    Im shocked its for a reliever, especially since we already have top notch relievers, but its a good problem to have.. Lets see what else Wren has up his sleeve.

vCash
    With Span going to the Nats I hope we land a good LF bat within the next week.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside
    lol..yeah he was starting to pack a few pounds and he was so slow to the plate,pitch wise. But you have to admit when he is hot, he really shows what made him so coveted. But when he's bad, he is unbearable to watch.
    I tried to be a loyal soldier for both, especially after Lowe went undefeated (and was the only one who showed up) that one September... but I got tired of the roller coaster from him and Hanson. Let some of the younger arms get a shot. All that potential years ago, and it looked like he lost faith in the fastball and we know he never really trusted his off-speed stuff.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.

vCash
    I'm thinking Nick Swisher is going to be next but personally I love this deal for us replace Chad Durbin with Walden who is an all-star reliever for the minimum, now Hanson has the ability to be a really good pitcher but those shoulder problems are nothing to mess around with and a ticking time bomb
    2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by

CHAMP BAILEY!!

vCash
    glad to see frank moving fast! this does set us up to get a good lf or 3b and prado can play either 3b rf lf whichever position is open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westside View Post
    The walks and steals (esp in the TB game) were painful to watch. Tommy lost sight of the plate last season. If he could walk fewer, then he would have been great. Control issues and that funky delivery are too worrisome, and I could not see the Braves extending him or signing him as a FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncs-abraves View Post
    I'm thinking Nick Swisher is going to be next but personally I love this deal for us replace Chad Durbin with Walden who is an all-star reliever for the minimum, now Hanson has the ability to be a really good pitcher but those shoulder problems are nothing to mess around with and a ticking time bomb
    Amen

vCash
    would we have rather traded for span? i think the twins would do that so it means that something else is coming soon

vCash
    ray:ray:
    ss - Simmons
    3b - Prado
    rf - Heyward
    lf - Willingham
    1b - Freeman
    cf - Upton
    2b - Uggla
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    Humm, very interesting. Was this the maximum haul we would get in return for Tommy Boy?? If so then I guessed I overvalued him.

I wonder if we are going to keep this Walden kid...or are we going to go for the long ball..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncs-abraves
    Fredi still loves him some Durbin, but we'll see. You could be right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    The walks and steals (esp in the TB game) were painful to watch. Tommy lost sight of the plate last season. If he could walk fewer, then he would have been great. Control issues and that funky delivery are too worrisome, and I could not see the Braves extending him or signing him as a FA.
    Yeah, plus he's a boras client so i guess it was better now than later. If he regains his control, walks less, and continue to improve his delivery, he could really be a solid guy. I liked Hanson, but as for the braves, his injury and struggle timing just wasnt right. with JT and Delgado waiting, it wasn't that much of a choice.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    You guys think that with Walden on the team, O'flat is expendable? I mention Oflat and no Venters because Oflat is in his final year of arbitration.

vCash
    Our off-season is complete now. he Braves claimed right-hander David Carpenter off of waivers from the Red Sox.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast