Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    What peripherals are you looking at? The ones I'm looking at give him an ERA+ of 110, an H/9 of 8.1, a walk rate of 4.2, and a WHIP of 1.36. Not great.
    This is based on 39 innings of work? Sample size much?

Relievers are notoriously finnicky when it comes to end of year stats because of this. Here's what we know: he strikes out people a lot, he throws hard, he walks more than average, and he doesn't give up a ton of long balls. I have faith in him continuing the success he's had in the Majors with one of the best pitching coaches around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    What peripherals are you looking at? The ones I'm looking at give him an ERA+ of 110, an H/9 of 8.1, a walk rate of 4.2, and a WHIP of 1.36. Not great.
    Career 2.80 FIP and 3.18 xFIP. 10.83 K/9 his walks are somehow concerning but Kimbrel and Venters had that problem and our pitching coach correct it.

vCash
    Going to be scary to see Walden, Venters, and Kimbrel come out for the 7th, 8th, and 9th innings. However, i do like Hanson so

vCash
    O'Venbrel the three headed giga monster evolves into uh... the O'Wavenbrel? That'd be so awesome if the braves also held onto EOF this offseason, game over after the sixth inning.

FEAR EL OSO BLANCO

vCash
    Walden dominates LH hitters.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    What a lopsided deal. I'd much rather have Hanson.

Who needs Josh Hamilton when you can have this for $11m?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22
    Also the Angels SB allowed will jump up approx 20
    Forgot about that.

Yeah, memo to Angels fans: Thanks to his delivery and general aloofness, Hanson will allow pretty much every runner to steal on you.

vCash
    Walden is a bum. Anyone who watched Angels games knows this. He has one pitch and Gets hit hard too often. No control either. Angels win this trade easy

vCash
    Huh. I could see the Braves making a push for a font line starter this offseason now.

vCash
    No one can build a positive case for Hanson right now, other than "if" and "hope." Just look at the statistical trends from his rookie year to now. He was in a pitcher's park, had the best defensive outfield behind him, and one of the top pitching coaches in the game... yet he was still mediocre. Now he's heading to the superior offensive league. So what exactly did they win? A guy who gets hurt, strikes out fewer batters, allows steals, almost got taken out of the rotation, and is about to get paid. Congrats?

vCash
    Angels win this trade.

vCash
    angel fans will regret this trade..im predicting hanson will be out of their rotation by july..after watching 145-150 braves games last year and most of hanson's career..i dont see much from him left..when he first came up his fast ball was 95-96..now its 88-90..topping out at 89 in some games..plus he cant hold runners on AT ALL..he gave up a stolen base to carlos lee this past year..and 7 sbs in 1 game..
    Atlanta Braves Fan..Dallas Cowboys fan..Indiana Hoosiers Fan..Indiana Pacers Fan

vCash
    Angels get a guy who can pitch 5 bad/mediocre innings per start when healthy.

I hope he is able to find success in LA but I dont think many Braves fans are too sad about the move.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    Hanson is nowhere close to as good as people seem to think he is. In for a very rude surprise. Even years when he had good numbers, he's the most frustrating pitcher to watch. Every Braves fan I know dreaded to see him pitch every 5 days. Great riddance and we get a very good reliever and cap space. Ill take it with a smile.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan View Post
    Hanson is nowhere close to as good as people seem to think he is. In for a very rude surprise. Even years when he had good numbers, he's the most frustrating pitcher to watch. Every Braves fan I know dreaded to see him pitch every 5 days. Great riddance and we get a very good reliever and cap space. Ill take it with a smile.
    Two questions/statements

1) The money argument that people keep dropping here and on Twitter is overblown. Thinking Walden has more value than Hanson is one thing, but justifying a downgrade in talent because you save 4 million dollars is a little much. *Not saying that's what you're doing, but it has that implication*

2) Do you not think Hanson could be as useful as Walden if he was made a RP? Even declining, I think he could easily.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast