Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Most likely a trade to clear up a little bit of money for the Braves to sign another outfielder we'll know if that's the reason in a day or 2

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Braves14 View Post
    The Atlanta Braves know more about Tommy Hanson's shoulder than anyone here. I have faith in Wren and the Front Office that they know what they're doing. O'Flaherty/Walden/Venters/Kimbrel is FILTH.
    Lets not forget that Walden also has shoulder issues and that he was pretty bad last year despite what his ERA suggests. Just look at his walk rate.

vCash
    Hanson drop in velocity is a concern, he's going to need TJ sooner rather than later,and is getting expensive, Jordan Walden is a very good young RP, but i think the braves are going to trade him and other for another big bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I think it's a good deal for both. Both pitchers likely needed a change of scenery and neither one is significantly better than the other. The Braves have enough starting pitching, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. If both pitchers can stay healthy and regain some control on their pitches, I think this deal will work out for both teams
    If Hanson stays healthy the Angels win this trade by a landslide. Problem is there is a very good chance he doesn't. His drop in velocity is also a worry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    This move seems to make most people think EOF is on the outs.
    Then I'd be very interested to see what he's able to net. Dominant left-handed relievers don't really grow on trees. Few bushes here and there.

"Patterned grid world
    It waits for you and it has always
    Been there from the start"

vCash
    Hanson has been on the decline since his rookie year, has arm issues, and is looking to get paid (Boras). If the Braves offense didn't bail him out of many of his starts this season, I believe he would have been removed from the rotation for Medlen earlier or Teheran. I guess it's worth the risk for Anaheim, but most of us lost faith in him and he was on his way out. Braves needed another righty out of the pen with Moylan finished, and another hard thrower. Much needed salary relief also. Good luck to Tommy, and hopefully it means Teheran or Delgado will get a shot before Beachy returns.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 11-30-2012 at 01:34 PM.

vCash
    Justin Upton just got very likely to be an Atlanta Brave. I read they wanted to get him and pair him with BJ and Heyward. I bet they go get him and have Justin-BJ-Heyward in the OF for the next 5 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Hanson drop in velocity is a concern, he's going to need TJ sooner rather than later,and is getting expensive, Jordan Walden is a very good young RP, but i think the braves are going to trade him and other for another big bat.
    I don't think Walden has enough value to really net the Braves anything significant nor does he add much value if included in a package. This was a trade of two pitchers with low value whose respective clubs had lost favor with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809 View Post
    Justin Upton just got very likely to be an Atlanta Brave. I read they wanted to get him and pair him with BJ and Heyward. I bet they go get him and have Justin-BJ-Heyward in the OF for the next 5 years
    I don't think this trade is a precursor to anything for either club. Just a simple one for one swap for depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsJets0809
    From your keyboard to God's ears...

vCash

vCash
    Now Brian McCann to Yankees for Phelps and gardener And cervelli

vCash
    Question: is Braves stadium a pitcher friendly, hitter friendly, or neutral park?

vCash
    I dont mind this deal. Hanson has regressed and his shoulder is something that will remain a problem. We clear up a bit of cap space to fill our LF hole. Hanson would have been the 4/5th best pitcher in our rotation so its not like we lost much.

However I would have liked packaging him in a deal for a bat instead.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Question: is Braves stadium a pitcher friendly, hitter friendly, or neutral park?
    Neutral for the most part

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast