Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How convinient for Braves fans that Hanson sucks now. Reverse Matt Kemp effect from a few years ago.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    I don't like this deal for the Braves at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    Isn't he the guy who's inaccurate 90% of the time. And his opinion holds as much weight as yours or mine except more people will read it.
    I actually view Law as a pretty reliable resource, he knows his stuff. He's not just a writer, he did work in a MLB front office at one point.

vCash
    I liked Hanson a few years ago, he had nice potential and still does. However, it doesn't take much time to realize his odd drop in velocity for a guy his age. Methinks Atlanta's seen something they don't like and it's likely a bad arm. You just don't deal young, cost-controlled, somewhat proven starters for pen arms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    How convinient for Braves fans that Hanson sucks now. Reverse Matt Kemp effect from a few years ago.
    Been saying it for a few years really. Most of us have wanted to see him traded before this season. His problems are well noticed.

vCash
    You guys are crazy. Hanson will bounce back and be a consistent 15 game winner. OMGZ but wins don't count! Either way, he will be.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    I liked Hanson a few years ago, he had nice potential and still does. However, it doesn't take much time to realize his odd drop in velocity for a guy his age. Methinks Atlanta's seen something they don't like and it's likely a bad arm. You just don't deal young, cost-controlled, somewhat proven starters for pen arms.
    Atlanta doesn't see anything special, everyone knows his mechanics sucked and his shoulder is messed up right now.

They thought he was a potential ace coming up, the injury lowers that upside, and so they switched it out for a potential late inning arm. The Braves probably figure they can get BOR production with the guys they have, and currently value a late inning arm more. Late inning arms, even non-closers, aren't exactly cheap right now either.

I doubt some wool was pulled over the eyes of the Angels. Try lost Santana/Haren as well as possibly Greinke so far, so they probably want cheap BOR production as well as a TOR arm. Walden doesn't solve their pen problems, but Hanson could help with their BOR (their staff lost a bunch of innings as well) and offers payroll flexibility.

It's all very convoluted, but likely this deal helps each side work toward fixing their team pitching.

vCash
    You guys are crazy. Hanson will bounce back and be a consistent 15 game winner. OMGZ but wins don't count! Either way, he will be.
    Don't see how all of the sudden he will gain his velocity back to what it was. He only threw 89 on average last year on his FB was near 93 as a rookie.

I hope him the best, a plus is he is from CA so he gets to be closer to home.

vCash
    There is always the potential he bounces back. I always hoped he would for us.

But, "Hanson has posted a 4.96 ERA, allowing opponents to hit .277 against him over the 36 starts he has made since the 2011 All-Star break." Couple this with the velocity drop, being injury prone, and having trouble consistently getting into the 6th inning, and I am pretty happy with the trade. Wish him the best though.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Also, I think people fail to realize the trade wasn't to get equal trade value back. It was more to avoid paying Hanson $4 million he will be getting during arbitration to basically be our 4th or 5th guy, when we have younger, cheaper, and possibly better options in Delgado or Teheran to take his spot. Hope the trade works out for both teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay View Post
    When and if he continues to suck I will have no issues admitting I am wrong about this trade...Right now there is no way this is a win for the braves and the part in bold basically says the same thing...Could he be damaged goods or declining? sure but give me the young cost controlled high upside starter over the bull pen arm any day of the week and twice on Sunday...Both Guys have red Flags

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Atlanta doesn't see anything special, everyone knows his mechanics sucked and his shoulder is messed up right now.

They thought he was a potential ace coming up, the injury lowers that upside, and so they switched it out for a potential late inning arm. The Braves probably figure they can get BOR production with the guys they have, and currently value a late inning arm more. Late inning arms, even non-closers, aren't exactly cheap right now either.

I doubt some wool was pulled over the eyes of the Angels. Try lost Santana/Haren as well as possibly Greinke so far, so they probably want cheap BOR production as well as a TOR arm. Walden doesn't solve their pen problems, but Hanson could help with their BOR (their staff lost a bunch of innings as well) and offers payroll flexibility.

It's all very convoluted, but likely this deal helps each side work toward fixing their team pitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    When and if he continues to suck I will have no issues admitting I am wrong about this trade...Right now there is no way this is a win for the braves and the part in bold basically says the same thing...Could he be damaged goods or declining? sure but give me the young cost controlled high upside starter over the bull pen arm any day of the week and twice on Sunday...Both Guys have red Flags
    This reminds me of the Jays/Mariners deal from a few years ago, Morrow for League. Can sure turn out ugly dealing the starter for the pen arm. Can easily come back to bite you.

vCash
    its a low risk high reward for both. Who knows maybe Walden becomes a great BP arm. AND maybe Hanson returns to his rookie form and becomes an ACE. Crazier things have happened. Like someone said earlier this trade will soon be forgotten for the non-factor that it is. People get obsessed with wanting to feel like their teams "won". In reality this will not be known until the end of the season short term and years later long term. So for now lets just say that both teams got something they needed while giving up something they felt they had in abundance. Discussion over.
    Last edited by silrdr06; 12-01-2012 at 09:01 AM.

vCash
    god you're the worst

vCash
    Hell, even if Hanson does get rocked, Walden still sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silrdr06 View Post
    its a low risk high reward for both. Who knows maybe walden becomes a great bp arm. And maybe hanson returns to his rookie form and becomes an ace. Crazier things have happened. Like someone said earlier this trade will soon be forgotten for the non-factor that it is. People get obsessed with wanting to feel like their teams "won". In reality this will not be known until the end of the season short term and years later long term. So for now lets just say that both teams got something they needed while giving up something they felt they had in abundance. Discussion over.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast