Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: East all star C

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ee View Post
    I'm a big nets fan but the Nets need to get back up in the standings for lopez to get in.....I do believe coaches sees him as a threat so who knows...
    Lopez will never get in because nobody knows him, doesn't have to do with his team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by faze38 View Post
    How about Tyson Chandler by far the best defensive Center in the league right now and putting up numbers of 12.7 and 10.3 with a per of 21.81! Not bad. His offensive game has gotten better this year and he has been having some nasty games as of late!
    No he is not the best defensive center in the league, and most certainly not by far, well at least IMO.

12.7 and 10.3 is nice, but it's nothing to rave about. His 21.81 PER is nice but again nothing special.

His offensive game has always been bad. At least the guy is smart and only takes shots he knows he can make.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    Constantly disrespected? Again he's widely considered one of the best Centers, a top defensive Center and the most efficient Center in the NBA.

Just because you don't make 1st all team doesn't mean you're being disrespected man.

So if he gets both awards then that's rightful, but if he only gets one that means he's constantly getting disrespected?
    who said first all team. I said first defensive team. Your gonna sit her and say that's not a slap in the face why don't u look up past DPOY winners and see if any of them didn't make first defensive team!

vCash
    No he is not the best defensive center in the league, and most certainly not by far, well at least IMO.

12.7 and 10.3 is nice, but it's nothing to rave about. His 21.81 PER is nice but again nothing special.

His offensive game has always been bad. At least the guy is smart and only takes shots he knows he can make.
    Really last time I checked he is the reigning DPOY doesn't that mean he was the best defensive player in the league last year. Come on now, your playing can u name another Center that is in his league! The only man up there with Chandler is Dwight and he is not 100%.

vCash
    who said first all team. I said first defensive team. Your gonna sit her and say that's not a slap in the face why don't u look up past DPOY winners and see if any of them didn't make first defensive team!
    You said he NEVER gets the recognition he deserves. The guy got DPOY. That's not recognition?

How is a slap in the face that you got DPOY but didn't get 1st all nba defense? You act like Tyson Chandler is Hakeem.

Tyson Chandler is a good Center who got DPOY but didn't get 1st All NBA Defensive team. He got on the 2nd team, big deal.

Getting on the 2nd team is a slap in the face?

Do you see why people don't like Knicks fans? You guys feel like you're entitled to so much, that if everything doesn't go your way everyone's a hater and you guys are sooooo underrated.

What have you guys won in your history that gives you the right to feel so entitled?

vCash
    Funny part is your saying his numbers aren't anything to rave about but how about being on of the few 7 footers in the league an avg less then 10 boards even tho your not know as one of the best rotating big man which means you are there to get the boards you just suck at it! Chandler may not avg 10 for his career but he is in on every defensive play Brook just sucks a boarding and is only a half decent all around defensive player. If he's not getting blocks he's getting toasted!

vCash
    Really last time I checked he is the reigning DPOY doesn't that mean he was the best defensive player in the league last year. Come on now, your playing can u name another Center that is in his league! The only man up there with Chandler is Dwight and he is not 100%.
    The reason you think Tyson is by far the best, with nobody being in his league is probably because you only watch Knicks games. Did you see Tyson in Chicago, or New Orleans?

Anyway, I have Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut, and Andrew Bynum better than Tyson on defense. Even if they aren't, to say that Tyson is in a league of his own is ludicrous.

I would put Noah, Perkins, Marc Gasol, Pekovic, Asik, and Tim Duncan at least in Tysons league in terms of defense.

Tyson gets all the recognition he deserves.

vCash
    Funny part is your saying his numbers aren't anything to rave about but how about being on of the few 7 footers in the league an avg less then 10 boards even tho your not know as one of the best rotating big man which means you are there to get the boards you just suck at it! Chandler may not avg 10 for his career but he is in on every defensive play Brook just sucks a boarding and is only a half decent all around defensive player. If he's not getting blocks he's getting toasted!
    Yes Brook Lopez is a bad rebounder. If you think rebounding is about height then you are sadly mistaken and must have never seen Dennis Rodman or Ben Wallace play.

Brook Lopez is averaging 9 RPG per 36 playing next to two of the best rebound-per-minute players in Reggie Evans and Kris Humphries. Who does Tyson Chandler have? Melo? Amare?

Yes Tyson is a much better rebounder no question.

And yes I think Lopez is better than Tyson, but I never even brought that up in this thread why are you making things up.

vCash
    You said he NEVER gets the recognition he deserves. The guy got DPOY. That's not recognition?

How is a slap in the face that you got DPOY but didn't get 1st all nba defense? You act like Tyson Chandler is Hakeem.

Tyson Chandler is a good Center who got DPOY but didn't get 1st All NBA Defensive team. He got on the 2nd team, big deal.

Getting on the 2nd team is a slap in the face?

Do you see why people don't like Knicks fans? You guys feel like you're entitled to so much, that if everything doesn't go your way everyone's a hater and you guys are sooooo underrated.

What have you guys won in your history that gives you the right to feel so entitled?
    Really are u kidding right now. I mean come on now the man deserved 1st defensive team but still got undervalued and got dropped a team but u want to act like that is the norm. Your playing yourself. That is something that has never happened before and the first time it does it's to Tyson Chandler thats not undervalued. Every where the man has gone he has made a impact on a teams defense but was never considered anything special until he single handedly changed the Mavs D and then did the same for the Knicks.

See i'm not much of a bleacher report fan but check out how they feel about him being on the second team.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ond-team-picks

vCash
    Really are u kidding right now. I mean come on now the man deserved 1st defensive team but still got undervalued and got dropped a team but u want to act like that is the norm. Your playing yourself. That is something that has never happened before and the first time it does it's to Tyson Chandler thats not undervalued. Every where the man has gone he has made a impact on a teams defense but was never considered anything special until he single handedly changed the Mavs D and then did the same for the Knicks.

See i'm not much of a bleacher report fan but check out how they feel about him being on the second team.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ond-team-picks
    So is this your only case? This is your case for Tyson NEVER getting ANY recognition?

vCash
    Anyone but Noah. Not because of his play. I just can't stand him. He must be the least likable athlete on earth.

vCash
    Tyson has taken a step back defensively this year IMO

Ron Paul 2012

vCash
    The reason you think Tyson is by far the best, with nobody being in his league is probably because you only watch Knicks games. Did you see Tyson in Chicago, or New Orleans?

Anyway, I have Dwight Howard, Andrew Bogut, and Andrew Bynum better than Tyson on defense. Even if they aren't, to say that Tyson is in a league of his own is ludicrous.

I would put Noah, Perkins, Marc Gasol, Pekovic, Asik, and Tim Duncan at least in Tysons league in terms of defense.

Tyson gets all the recognition he deserves.
    No I am def a super big hoops fan. Watch as much ball as I can and to say that a man who hasn't played in about two years is over Chandler is just dumb and then to put Bynum who has no lateral quickness and got exposed by the Thunder and Mavs in back to back playoffs is even dumber. I mean to make that even worse the man isn't going to play at all this season are u kidding me. You are making an argument with players that aren't even playing. To top it off u a re putting guys these other guys over him please stop playing let's break these guys down a bit!

Perkins- Poor help defender lost a lots of laterally quickness after his acl injury.
    Pekovic- Not even gonna go there because that is just funny. His Drtg last year was 107 which is worse then Chandlers worst year in his career including his rookie year!
    Duncan- Once upon a time but come o now the man isn't the defensive player he once was!
    Gasol- Is def a beast but much like Perkins lacks the athletic ability of a Chandler so isn't quiet the help defender that Chandler is advantage Chandler!
    Asik- Is another great defender but lacks the leadership of a Chandler on D! I mean come on now tell me that Asik can go the Mavs and win a ring and then move to the Knicks and make one of the worse defensive teams one of the best come on now u know u don't really means this.
    Noah- Another great defender this is probably the closest to a Chandler and a Howard! In my eyes he is the 3rd best defensive center in the league has all the tools of an elite defender but to me that ring and top level communication separates the 2!

So much like I said Chandler and Howard are in a league of there own right now

vCash
    So is this your only case? This is your case for Tyson NEVER getting ANY recognition?
    Come on now really now let's see what the best defensive coach in the league thinks about Chandler!

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap...Players_In_NBA

I can do this all day!

put real gm were the stars are one word

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Styles View Post
    Tyson has taken a step back defensively this year IMO
    And even with that he is still the best defensive Center . If u really look at it tho it's not really that he took a big step back tho it's that we are playing undersized and not having Shumpert to stop some of these top level athletic guards in the league is hurting him a bit. Once Shumpert comes back and he isn't trying to fill every defensive hole on our team he will look like his last year self!

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast