Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Gentry to Lakers??

I was going through my twitter timeline and the hoopshype official twitter had a tweet that stated something like this(not exact wording by the way) "Rumors: Amare stoudemire shooting christmas return+Alvin Gentry joining Mike D'antoni in the Lakers?" then it provided a link but I found no article or update about it. What do you guys think? We lose the remaining games on this trip then we fire Gentry?? Promote Thunder Dan(although Turner or Gaines would get my vote). Or since LA dissed Phil we hire him?(long shot I know lol).

Edit: Found link
    http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
    Last edited by mdm692; 11-30-2012 at 09:50 AM.

vCash
    This is the article:

• Speaking of the Suns, it has become increasingly difficult to discern any light at the end of the tunnel in their long, painful foray into life after Steve Nash. Their roster is a hodge-podge of old (Jermaine O'Neal, Sebastian Telfair, Luis Scola), young (Markieff Morris, Wesley Johnson and Kendall Marshall, now in the D-League), in between (Marcin Gortat, Jared Dudley) and inconsistent (Michael Beasley). I've long been a proponent of the D'Antoni system, but there comes a point when it's time to stop trying to replicate what made the Suns such a success with D'Antoni, Nash and Stoudemire when they no longer have D'Antoni, Nash or Stoudemire. Sometimes, styles and coaching regimes run their course, and rival execs already have begun speculating that if the Suns change directions, Alvin Gentry could be sitting next to D'Antoni on the Lakers' bench next season.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2...ut-can-it-last

vCash
    Gentry should be our coach for the rest of the year. His contract is up after the season and Babby has always said that he'd wait until then to make a decision.

I think right now the odds that Gentry is our coach next year are still quite high though. It depends what other candidates there are for us and it also depends if Gentry wants to stay as a HC or go over to the Lakers.

vCash
    LAkers --> Phoenix Suns 2.0

vCash
    Or Mike Brown

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky4104 View Post
    LAkers --> Phoenix Suns 2.0
    pretty much

vCash
    Phil Jackson would never coach this team. He does not roll the dice with crap rosters, he coaches teams with multiple all-stars or he does not coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrescoLovesSuns View Post
    Or Mike Brown
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrazbit View Post
    Phil Jackson would never coach this team. He does not roll the dice with crap rosters, he coaches teams with multiple all-stars or he does not coach.
    Correct. Phil's teams have made him look better than he is too. He's very smart at finding the perfect coaching gig. He also only coaches in big markets.