Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Game 17: Phoenix Suns @ Toronto Raptors, Friday, 11/30/2012 5:00 PM MST / 7:00 EST

.. @

(7-9)_______@_______(3-13)

Time:5:00 PM MST/ 7:00pm EST
    [B]Channel:Check Local Listings

Projected Starting Lineups

Kyle Lowry - DeMar DeRozen - Linas Kleiza - Andrea Bargnani - Jonas Valanciunas

Goran Dragic - Shannon Brown - Michael Beasley - Markieff Morris - Marcin Gortat

Preview:

After their six-game road trip took an embarrassing turn, the Phoenix Suns could have an ideal opportunity for redemption Friday night.

They will be visiting a city where they've dominated in recent years and facing one of the league's worst teams in a matchup with the sliding Toronto Raptors.

Phoenix (7-9) had won three of four and split the first two games on this trip before a 117-77 loss at Detroit on Wednesday. It was the third-largest margin of defeat in franchise history, and it came against a Pistons team which entered with a 4-11 record.

The game was still within reach at halftime as the Suns trailed by 11, but they were tagged with four technical fouls in the third quarter and the Pistons outscored them 62-33 in the second half.

"We just lost control and we did not play well," point guard Goran Dragic said. "We were frustrated and we lost control and our minds and a couple technicals. We could not make a basket or the right play. Just overall it was a terrible game for us."

Dragic was held to a season-low 10 points for the second time in three games as the Suns shot a season-worst 34.1 percent from the field. They allowed 25 points on a season-high 19 turnovers and let Detroit hit 12 of 16 3-pointers.

"I wish it was an easier way to say this but we (stunk) in every part of the game," coach Alvin Gentry said. "There was nothing that we did that you could say was even NCAA quality. There's not anything to say."

Gentry's team has yet to string together more than two straight wins while ranking last in the league in points allowed (102.6 per game) and opponents' 3-point shooting (43.2 percent).

"We have to find a way to gain consistency in what we are doing," Gentry said. "We cannot play one night where we play well and then come back the next night and not compete."

Maybe playing the struggling Raptors (3-13) will help provide an answer. Toronto owns the NBA's second-worst record and has lost six straight.

Plus, the Suns have won seven in a row north of the border since a loss Jan. 4, 2004. Only one of those games was decided by fewer than 12 points.

Like Phoenix in its last game, the Raptors were within striking distance at the half, losing by one Wednesday at Memphis. They proceeded to shoot 30.6 percent in the second half as they were outscored by 20 en route to a 103-82 defeat.

Poor second-half play has become a troubling trend. The Raptors have led or been tied at halftime in half of their 16 games, and they've been outscored in the second half in seven of the last 10.

"We have to look at it now and be sick and tired of losing coming out of the second half," said DeMar DeRozan, averaging a team-leading 18.1 points. "We have to realize that and understand that we are doing it to ourselves. We have to man up in the second half and jump on other teams."

Second-leading scorer Andrea Bargnani (17.9 ppg) is questionable after an ankle injury forced him to sit out against the Grizzlies. He is averaging 21.4 points in 10 games against the Suns, his highest career mark versus any opponent.

Toronto lost 14 straight in the series before Bargnani scored 36 in a 99-96 win at Phoenix on Jan. 24 in the teams' last meeting.

Source: ESPN

vCash
    I couldn't be looking any less forward to tonights game

vCash
    Ha, the website I usualy use to stream games didn't even bother posting a link to this one. I guess nobody wants to watch this match-up...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntey View Post
    Ha, the website I usualy use to stream games didn't even bother posting a link to this one. I guess nobody wants to watch this match-up...
    I posted a link on the facebook page if you need it

vCash
    Ugliest assist you'll ever see by Beasley. Smart but ugly

vCash
    It's cool, I found one, luckily I have back ups.

Going well so far! I'd like to see Dragic taking more threes some times though.

vCash
    Gortat, Morris, and Dragic looking good so far.

vCash
    Dragic always looks good K4D.

vCash
    I know Pietrus is a great defender but if Beasley doesn't abuse him every time he gets a chance to than .

vCash
    Telfair always looks so short..

vCash
    Ball don't lie on that Derozan foul

vCash
    If we win and LA loses tonight, we're at least tied for the 8th seed. How the mighty have fallen

vCash
    That's a gif 'and 1' play by Morris. Sick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    That's a gif 'and 1' play by Morris. Sick!
    Yeah that was nice. Morris' dunks always look awesome!

vCash
    Gortat to raptors?? We could get a decent deal. Ross, calderon pick?? Throw in Duds and hope to get Amir or Ed??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast