• Bob Griffin III

76 66.67%
  • Russell Wilson

12 10.53%
  • Josh Freeman

12 10.53%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Which African American QB has the best chance to Start and win the SB

The NFL hasnt had a Super Bowl won by a starting black QB in 24 years. Which one of the current crop of black QBs has the best shot at winning the next one? All things should be considered whether it's division, surrounding talent, coaches in place, etc..........

Cam Newton - was the golden boy last year, having a down year thus far but still ultra talented. Not really the best talent around him and coaching staff is now on shaky ground probaly.

Russell Wilson - Surprisingly doing well, probaly to most. Has a very good and young supporting cast on offense and defense and a coach who seems to have job security. Also has a very very good home field advantage.

Josh Freeman - Has been kind of up and down. Has already had a couple different coaches and cordinators. Also has a good mix of vet and young talent around him with a coach just now starting so security should be solid atleast for a few years. Front office always seems to have money to burn on FAs and finally decided this year to really use some. Good building blocks on this team

Bob Griffin III - I was more surprised at how well Cam did last year than I am at RG3 this year. May have the least total amount of talent surrounding him now of all the QBs. He is having a GREAT year so far but we'll probaly have a better idea next year after teams really get to study this current offense. He has an owner who is willing to spend money and becuase of the drafting and early success of RG3, a coach that is safe for a few more years at least. ( I must applaud Shanahan for not being stubborn and just making RG3 run Shanahan's offense, but catering the offense to specifically fit RG3. That was a concern I had when they drafted him)

Mick Vick - Has the most talent around him right now and is in a win now mode. He actually has the least amount of job security of all the QBs now and going forward though and barring a deep run this year maybe not be starting for any team next year. Vick also has what appears to be a coach on the hot seat( some dont believe it though). This is clearly a make or break 10 week strecth for Mike but he has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball and clearly has a leg up on the other QBs mentioned when it comes to making it to the Super Bowl. Question is, is he good enough to win it?

PS..... No diss with the Bob Griffin III reference. I just like it
    Last edited by elledaddy; 10-24-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Mike Woodson NYK

Record ... 72 - 34

RG3 is in the best position, the Redskins need to have a few good drafts with whatever picks they have left.

LOL....Bob griffin, good one.

viuck sucks, so not him.
    josh freeman suck, so now him.
    wilson won't be a starter is a year or 2, so not him.
    the panthers suck around newton, so not him.

griffin is the answer
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Ill go with RG3.... Also, Geno Smith anyone? I think he goes top 3 with the Chiefs and he will light up the AFC West

probally RG-PEE.. but I hope not

Curveball here, if Colin Kaepernick takes over from Alex Smith in a year or 2 he will have a very good surrounding cast, great coaching, he could be the guy.

RG3 also very good shot

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

I dont think any of them do really

rg3

rg3

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    viuck sucks, so not him.
    josh freeman suck, so now him.
    wilson won't be a starter is a year or 2, so not him.
    the panthers suck around newton, so not him.

griffin is the answer
    Says the raven fan

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Says the raven fan
    whats that got to do with anything?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    Says the raven fan
    ???

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Rg3 is the man of the hour this year like cam was last yr and freeman the year before. We'll know the real him come year 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    whats that got to do with anything?
    Joe Flacco is your QB, he not better than any them guys named

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast