Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who has been the bigger disappointment so far this season?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul Pierce

14 21.88%
  • Dwayne Wade

43 67.19%
  • Neither, I expected them both to play at this level this season

7 10.94%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who has been more disappointing so far, Wade or Pierce?

I think its fair to say that both these former superstar, Finals MVPs are both way past their prime. Neither one of them has no where close to the athleticism that they had say 4 or 5 years ago.

Both have been major disappointments this season to say the least. Wade has always been a mediocre shooter so it makes a bit of sense that his game drops so much when losing athleticism. But the same can't really be said for Paul Pierce. Pierce has always been a good shooter so people expected him to continue being good even at a very old age (kinda like Nash has been)

Miami hasn't really missed a beat even with Wade playing like crap but Boston on the other hand has flopped hard. With the departure of Ray Allen, they were probably counting more on Pierce this year a lot and he not met expectations.

So the question is, who has been the bigger disappointment so far this season? Paul Pierce or Dwayne Wade?

Pierce is averaging nearly 20 pts a game on a horrible 42% shooting though he is hitting at a respectable 41% from 3pt range.

Wade is averaging 18 pts a game on 46% shooting including a dismal 17% shooting from 3pt range.

Both Wade and Pierce have been decent on rebounds and assists so far this year. Defensively, Pierce is probably having a worse year than Wade....there are already quite a few ankle breakers on Pierce on Youtube early in this young season
    Last edited by sunsfan88; 11-30-2012 at 05:56 AM.

vCash
    Small sample size bro.

Wade has had many great games so far this season.

Removing 1-3 stinkers he is averaging 22 / 5 / 5 on 50+% shooting which is excellent considering he is deferring for the sake of his team so guys like Allen can flourish and contribute in the offense.

He has only slightly disappointed me.

vCash
    We are still in November, chill!

vCash
    Wade is on a championship hangover season, which is a major theme for his play thus far. Though I have barely watched Pierce, he hasn't really been disappointing judging from his numbers. He may have got his "soul taken from him" a couple of times but I don't think his play keeps Celtics fans awake at night.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I'll go with Wade... I was expecting him to bounce back this season, and he is MUCH younger than Pierce... no reason (outside of injury) that he shouldn't still be performing at his prime level.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    I thought Wade would be better cause he got surgery on his knee and was supposed to come back in great shape.

On the other hand Pierce and many of the Celtics look very lethargic at times. I think the expectations were higher for Wade, so I'd say Wade.

vCash
    Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Small sample size bro.

Wade has had many great games so far this season.

Removing 1-3 stinkers he is averaging 22 / 5 / 5 on 50+% shooting which is excellent considering he is deferring for the sake of his team so guys like Allen can flourish and contribute in the offense.

He has only slightly disappointed me.
    ^^ You just said "small sample size" yet you're removing "1-3 stinkers?" Won't that make the sample size smaller?

I'm also curious as to which "1-3 stinkers" you would remove to arrive for Wade to exactly average "22 / 5 / 5 on 50+% shooting." Please enlighten me.
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    Wade is garbage, he should retire,and stop making fool of himself....he declined so fast, Nando De colo made Wade his b/tch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    Wade is garbage, he should retire,and stop making fool of himself.

vCash
    The Heat are more stacked this year so less for Wade to do and he is dealing with injuries and playing less than 34 mpg.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    You just said "small sample size" yet you're removing "1-3 stinkers?" Won't that make the sample size smaller?
    Wade has had games of :

29 / 4ast
    28 / 4ast
    22 / 6ast
    22 / 5ast
    20 / 7ast
    20 / 5ast

Omg he better retire now he is so crappy.
    He would be better off without him.

Amnesty Wade!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavacano View Post
    Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr.

^^ You just said "small sample size" yet you're removing "1-3 stinkers?" Won't that make the sample size smaller?

I'm also curious as to which "1-3 stinkers" you would remove to arrive for Wade to exactly average "22 / 5 / 5 on 50+% shooting." Please enlighten me.
    Easily Wade. Pierce got embarrassed twice but other than that has been his typical self. The team has started slow but they have the last few years. Its an older team that is built now to just make the playoffs and then turn it on. It works for them - I hate it but it has worked well for them. If not for LeBron they might have been champs.

I'd be a little worried about Wade and his ability to stay healthy. He has always played with reckless abandon which is a credit to him but takes a toll on his smaller frame. The good thing for them is that they have LeBron who can carry the whole team. But I as much as Heat fans want to facepalm and call people stupid and whatever other things defensive fans say when people are just offering opinions, I think Wade would worry me if I were a Heat fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I'll go with Wade... I was expecting him to bounce back this season, and he is MUCH younger than Pierce... no reason (outside of injury) that he shouldn't still be performing at his prime level.
    I'll go with this after a successful knee surgery and the supposed hiring of a shooting coach I thought wade would be back to his old self this year.

vCash
    Wade is getting older, especially given his style of play.

He's playing for Championships, Lebron can get this team the 1 seed.

He'll turn it on eventually.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Easily Wade. Pierce got embarrassed twice but other than that has been his typical self. The team has started slow but they have the last few years. Its an older team that is built now to just make the playoffs and then turn it on. It works for them - I hate it but it has worked well for them. If not for LeBron they might have been champs.

I'd be a little worried about Wade and his ability to stay healthy. He has always played with reckless abandon which is a credit to him but takes a toll on his smaller frame. The good thing for them is that they have LeBron who can carry the whole team. But I as much as Heat fans want to facepalm and call people stupid and whatever other things defensive fans say when people are just offering opinions, I think Wade would worry me if I were a Heat fan.
    Dude say what you want about Heat fans, but they know Wade's been **** so far. The problem is, I don't even think it's about health. He looked fine physically last night. His problem is lack of improvement on his jump shot and lackadasical, "I don't care, I got 2 rings" attitude that seems to give off at times ala the last couple of games. That upsets me more than anything.

I think it's a motivational thing, but I guess I'd rather have that be the issue than some random injury concern we aren't being let on about. All reports tell me is that his knees are fine now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast