Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

anyone want to give rolando macclain a look?

The Oakland Raiders and middle linebacker Rolando McClain*will likely part ways soon.

UPDATE: Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 9:48 p.m. ET by Richard Langford

Well, the Raiders have reportedly decided to sever ties with Rolando McClain. ESPN reported the news:

Oakland Raiders*linebacker*Rolando McClain*has been informed by the team that he will be released on Thursday, according to a source.

UPDATE: Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 9:38 p.m. ET by Richard Langford

This saga is still unfolding. CBS' Jason La Canfora sent*two tweets to help shed some light on this odd situation:

Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora
    Rolando McClain and Raiders Coach Dennis Allen had a heated exchange early in practice I'm told. Ended with McClain booted from field...
    28 Nov 12
    Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora
    which explains his Tweets and the fallout. Allen has said he is not sure if McClain will be allowed to practice Thurs. no further comment
    28 Nov 12
    Who knows where they go from here, but as terrible as the Raiders' defense has been, they shouldn't hesitate to part ways with anyone on that lackluster unit.*

---End of Update---

Kyle Burger of Alabama-based WVTM-TV reported via Twitter that the former Crimson Tide star had been cut and that McClain was certainly not pleased with his experience in Oakland:

Kyle Burger@kyle_burger
    Former Bama LB Rolando McClain no longer with OAK. He writes: I'm gonna weigh my options. Looking forward to playing for an actual 'team'.
    28 Nov 12
    The San Francisco Chronicle reported that Burger was basing his information on a post from McClain's Facebook page, where the Raiders LB initially wrote, "Officially no longer an Oakland Raider!!” but later added, "Well technically I am. But I’m mentally done. Just waiting on my papers.”

McClain was picked eighth overall by the Raiders in 2010 after starring at Alabama and leading his team to a national championship, but he has not lived up to expectations.

He was decently productive in his first two seasons, racking up 184 total tackles in that span, but he hasn't proved to be the playmaker he was in Tuscaloosa.

In addition, he ran into trouble during the offseason when he was arrested and “sentenced to 180 days in jail for assault and other charges stemming from a fight in his hometown when he allegedly threatened to kill a man and fired a gun next to his head,” as the Associated Press*reported (via ESPN).*

Recently, McClain had those charges dropped, as ESPN’s Adam Schefter noted, but he continued to have problems with the Raiders.

The*San Francisco Chronicle noted in a separate post that his playing time has been slashed in recent weeks and he missed practice Wednesday due to “team-related issues.” The comments on his Facebook shed light on why he was kept away from the team.*

McClain is still a first-round talent, and if he is cut then another team will almost certainly take a chance on him. The middle linebacker is likely to get more opportunities to prove that he can be the player he was at Alabama.*
    I'm all for signing him and seeing how he does on a 'team' with phillips and herring coaching him up.
    Last edited by Big_T; 11-30-2012 at 04:37 AM.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    Yeah. Anybody is better than James!

vCash
    We cannotafford him

vCash
    They didn't end up releasing him. Plus even if they did unfortunately I don't think 30 other teams would pass on him through waivers to get to us But damn he would look good as our MLB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...akland-raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    Yeah. Anybody is better than James!
    James has not been bad this season, at all. Just this forum seems to think so.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    James has not been bad this season, at all. Just this forum seems to think so.
    he hasn't been 'bad'.

but he's had some really bad plays. he's been burnt, he's been run over, he was routinely blocked out of plays when cushing was healthy...he's gotten better as the season has wore on, but the position could do with an upgrade.

i also don't think mcclain would have immediately started, i was eyeing next season a bit...with a healthy cushing and a coached up mcclain.
    "It's a Namaste. It means respect. It just means, 'I see the God in you.' It's me paying my respect to the game of football."
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    i dont think this coaching staff is strong enough to right this headcase. it would take strong vets and antonio is the strongest vet and might not be back next season.

vCash
    has he been a head case? how so?
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck

vCash
    Being over here near Oakland and knowing a few die hards, he IS a headcase. He has come out as a premadonna and never given the effort a first round pick should. He has been lazy in practices and relies completely on his god given talent. I think he would end up more of a cancer than a contributer to our team.

vCash
    Okay then I withdraw.
    -Arian Foster

Thanks Dodgersuck