Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    What an idiot. Who signs a long term deal with a team that is a perpetual loser and looks like they have absolutely no future.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    What an idiot. Who signs a long term deal with a team that is a perpetual loser and looks like they have absolutely no future.
    He is loyal to his team. He grew up a Mets fan, came through our system as a Met, enjoyed a great 1st half of his career as a Met. Why not finish his career as a Met?

And maybe his team does have a future. You probably don't know jack **** about the Mets lol. They do have some nasty pitching prospects to add to an already good rotation, so they do have something going for them at least.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Ok fair enough.

I disagree that we had a top rotation last season though.

The Mets barely had a top 10 rotation...arguably. I think based on starting rotation ERA the Mets actually ranked 11th best in the MLB. They did rank higher in other stats like WHIP and K:BB, but factor in the pitcher friendly ball park and that they play in a league with no DH....

If the Mets did have a top 10 rotation last year, it was barely.

My definition of a top rotation is when their rotation is so good that it can carry them to the playoffs even with issues everywhere else...or can at least carry them to 85 wins or something like that.

The Mets rotation was not at that level. Dickey was phenominal, Niese was very good, everything after that was mediocre at best.

Maybe if Harvey pitches well for an entire season and Wheeler gets called up and lives up to the hype...and we bring back Dickey....Then maybe we will have one of those nasty rotations...maybe.
    Fair point. The bullpen was awful and that def reflects the starting rotation. When you factor in inherited runs. The Mets starting staff would have looked much better if the bullpen was able to retire more inherited runners.

All I am really saying though is that they have the potential to fill some of their bull pen issues from within the organization.

The only potential starting caliber outfielder is Nimmo and hes 3-4 years away.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Bait enough with a response like that?

The Mets have some of the better young SP in the game between Wheeler and Harvey (not to mention a minor league system full of good young arms).

If ownership commits any money to the team they can compete.

vCash
    There is this magical word called 'loyalty'

Not sure if you have ever heard of it.

vCash

Wright moving to 1st later in career

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Big question will be how he ages. Third basemen don't age well.
    He could always get moved to 1st base later in his career. He could probably play both corners well just like Miguel Cabrera did when Prince Fielder came to the Tigers. I'm sure they can fit David in somewhere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Njdev759 View Post
    He could always get moved to 1st base later in his career. He could probably play both corners well just like Miguel Cabrera did when Prince Fielder came to the Tigers. I'm sure they can fit David in somewhere
    Yep depending on what happens with Ike or possibly LF.

Wright has the athleticism for that position i believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    There is this magical word called 'loyalty'

Not sure if you have ever heard of it.
    to bad the organization's don't know what it is, they just use it as a sales pitch.

If a player doesn't show "loyalty" to his team or school he is perceived as greedy, but if a team doesn't show loyalty to it's players well that's just business.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456