mister injury prone got over paid
    Quote Originally Posted by Leandres_sf View Post
    150 games played in 6 of 7 seasons...
    This..

What injury prone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Except one is better than the other
    ya, Hanley better remember how to play baseball then, and then be even better than he was 4 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Most 34 year old third basemen don't play full time either.

Only Brooks Robinson has more than 4 seasons with over 150 games played at third base from the age 31 on, and he was a freak, only 16 players have even played more than 2.

Knock it down to say 130 games.

Then Robinson has 8
    Vinny Castilla, Gary Gaetti, Wade Boggs, and Ron Cey each have 6 seasons, and another 13 players have had 5 seasons.

Third basemen just do not age well, and they get hurt rather easily.
    I dont think they should or would move David to 1B as his primary position, but as he ages they could spot start him at first to get more games out of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    I dont think they should or would move David to 1B as his primary position, but as he ages they could spot start him at first to get more games out of him.
    I think honestly he ends up in LF at some point with Wilmer Flores and Aderlin Rodriguez eventually coming.

He is athletic enough to play out there, it's just a matter of making the transition.

vCash
    Good deal for the Mets.

Its team friendly enough...a fair deal for both sides.

They needed to do this to stay relevant.

Rebuilding in baseball is overrated. The Mets need to resign Dickey, sign a decent right OF or two for relatively cheap, and somehow find a way to improve their last ranked bullpen.

The one thing they do have is a strong starting rotation if they resign Dickey. That is something to build from.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...that-far-away/

From Saint FanGraphs.

Goes with another article Cameron wrote on losing on purpose...Two pieces I agree with, though the "don't lose on purpose" one moreso than this, but also this.

vCash
    Double.

vCash
    and david wrights entire career will now officially be wasted
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'm glad they resigned him but in reality it doesn't make the team any better next year. We still don't have a single starting MLB outfielder on the team. Catcher is also very weak unless Thole somehow becomes the player he was expected to be.

When you have a top pitching staff in the major leagues and still lose 88 games it means your bullpen sucks, defense sucks and you can't hit at all.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I'm glad they resigned him but in reality it doesn't make the team any better next year. We still don't have a single starting MLB outfielder on the team. Catcher is also very weak unless Thole somehow becomes the player he was expected to be.

When you have a top pitching staff in the major leagues and still lose 88 games it means your bullpen sucks, defense sucks and you can't hit at all.
    Worst bullpen in the league last year.

That is the main source of the Mets issues right now.

Resigning Wright was a must if you have any plans to compete next season.
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Worst bullpen in the league last year.

That is the main source of the Mets issues right now.

Resigning Wright was a must if you have any plans to compete next season.
    How is the Bull Pen the main issue. There are 3 young pitchers who are ready for the majors in Mejia, Familia and Edgin. It's just a matter of are the Mets brass willing to put Mejia and Familia in the pen.

The Mets do not have an outfielder capable of starting in the Major Leagues. Duda can hit (minor league track record/2011) but can not play OF at all!
    His defense def affected his offense last year. He needs to be traded to a team that needs help at 1B/DH.

Kirk has potential to be a very good 4th outfielder. Very good defense but lacks power for the corner and has decent speed but not fast enough to be play a great center field.

vCash
    How is the Bull Pen the main issue. There are 3 young pitchers who are ready for the majors in Mejia, Familia and Edgin. It's just a matter of are the Mets brass willing to put Mejia and Familia in the pen.

The Mets do not have an outfielder capable of starting in the Major Leagues. Duda can hit (minor league track record/2011) but can not play OF at all!
    His defense def affected his offense last year. He needs to be traded to a team that needs help at 1B/DH.

Kirk has potential to be a very good 4th outfielder. Very good defense but lacks power for the corner and has decent speed but not fast enough to be play a great center field.
    We had the worst BP in the league by far last year.

Last year, our BP was the main issue.

Can't compete with the worst BP in the league.

All 10 playoff teams last year had strong pens.

Offense wasn't anything to write home about last year, but the source of last year's issues was the pen.

Plus, we didn't have a "top tier" rotation last year either.

It was a very good rotation, but not "top tier". Maybe if Harvey pitches well for a full season, they bring back Dickey, and Wheeler gets called up...then maybe their rotation will be "top tier".'

But, I have a feeling the Mets might trade Dickey while the iron is hot. My emotions are mixed on this idea.

Either way, resigning Wright was a must for the now and the future if this team wants to compete.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-03-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    DUDA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    We had the worst BP in the league by far last year.

Last year, our BP was the main issue.

Can't compete with the worst BP in the league.

All 10 playoff teams last year had strong pens.

Offense wasn't anything to write home about last year, but the source of last year's issues was the pen.

Plus, we didn't have a "top tier" rotation last year either.

It was a very good rotation, but not "top tier". Maybe if Harvey pitches well for a full season, they bring back Dickey, and Wheeler gets called up...then maybe their rotation will be "top tier".'

But, I have a feeling the Mets might trade Dickey while the iron is hot. My emotions are mixed on this idea.

Either way, resigning Wright was a must for the now and the future if this team wants to compete.

As I said Bull Pen was a big issue last year. Yet going forward they do have arms that can step in.

They don't have any outfielders capable of starting in the major leagues.

vCash
    As I said Bull Pen was a big issue last year. Yet going forward they do have arms that can step in.

They don't have any outfielders capable of starting in the major leagues.
    Ok fair enough.

I disagree that we had a top rotation last season though.

The Mets barely had a top 10 rotation...arguably. I think based on starting rotation ERA the Mets actually ranked 11th best in the MLB. They did rank higher in other stats like WHIP and K:BB, but factor in the pitcher friendly ball park and that they play in a league with no DH....

If the Mets did have a top 10 rotation last year, it was barely.

My definition of a top rotation is when their rotation is so good that it can carry them to the playoffs even with issues everywhere else...or can at least carry them to 85 wins or something like that.

The Mets rotation was not at that level. Dickey was phenominal, Niese was very good, everything after that was mediocre at best.

Maybe if Harvey pitches well for an entire season and Wheeler gets called up and lives up to the hype...and we bring back Dickey....Then maybe we will have one of those nasty rotations...maybe.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-03-2012 at 02:53 PM.
    DUDA

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast