Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    vCash
    Who the **** made our schedule? That person deserves a kick in the nuts. Geez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I doubt Ill Will will make him better at running rotations. He's too stubborn and inattentive. It at least gives us hope that we can get better defensively...some hope at least.
    well that is just ridiculous if that happens. Instead of playing Brewer at sf he can go with Chandler. Maybe even tweak the lineups and use ty-iggy-jham-changler-center. Maybe slide in Gallo there against small teams. Having Chandler can give you so many options. I can't wait to see Karl's horrible rotations.

vCash
    omfg then we have, after a while, a back to back with the two LA teams.
    Clippers
    Lakers (home)
    Dallas
    Memphis
    Clippers (home)
    T-wolves (home)
    Utah (home)
    Lakers

get ready for going under .500. OMFG that is a tough schedule for this inconsistent team

vCash
    on the positive side, get ready to see a rejuvenated Manimal. He had only 8 and 2. Last time he was that bad he went 27 and 17 in 25 min the next game.

vCash
    It's no surprise Faried struggles against them. He's too small...it's a terrible matchup for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    on the positive side, get ready to see a rejuvenated Manimal. He had only 8 and 2. Last time he was that bad he went 27 and 17 in 25 min the next game.
    Ouch, was out so had to watch the game on DVR. No team wins when the opposition hits 17 threes. Meeks 7/8... unbelievable shooting.

As for Faried, he struggles when he has to mark a player who shoots from the perimeter. One, he is not the best defender on perimeter players cause he sags too far off, and second, it pulls him away from the basket which diminishes his rebounding.

Would have been more effective to have Gallo mark the PF and have Faried mark MWP on D. That would have kept Faried closer to the basket for rebounding. When you get Faried away from the basket the Nuggets rebounding suffers as a whole.

Gallo's shooting looks much improved. JHam had a decent game...just some minor positives.

vCash
    Yeah Faried in the playoffs against Bynum and Gasol was no match. He is too small. His effort can only do so much. If he is that small he needs to get stronger. Dejuan Blair strong.

vCash
    Lawson:

I wouldn't go as far as to say we need to trade lawson, but he needs to up his game asap. He's not as productive this year as he was last. Lawson's fg and free throw pct has plummeted. Great player's put in hundreds and thousands of hrs fine tuning their game. I think he needs to add a tony parker like floater to his game. Being a smaller player you have to develop a skill set to work around your limitations.

Brewer:

I don't care too much for Corey Brewer,but ill be objective with my analysis. He could be a much better player, but he tries to be a superstar. He always wants to make the big play, but he ends up hurting the team. Rather then shooting the three, he should take a few steps forward and shoot the higher pct shot. Instead of going for the steal just play sound defense because when he doesn't get it, his momentum takes him out of the play. Someone else has to pick up his man which ends up leaving someone open.

vCash
    Miller:

Miller is a some what of a smart offensive player and he'll make plays from time to time, but his defense cancels out any good he does on the other end. He cannot guard a player without help, so this leaves someone wide open. In the Lakers game we got killed because we either gave a huge cushion which led to an open jumper or defenders not being fast enough (miller) to hang with the offensive player.

vCash
    Iggy:
    is pretty solid, but he needs to add a bit of hesitation to his cross over. He struggles to get seperation from his defender and it shows because every shot he takes is contested. Or maybe the bigs need to set more pics for him to free him up a bit.

The rest of the team just needs to work on their free throw shooting/ perimeter shooting.

vCash
    Defense: (if that's what you want to call it)

I'm starting to believe the Nuggs defensive game plan consists of clogging the paint, pointless double teams, and hoping the other team doesn't hit their perimeter shots. It sounds ridiculous, but that's exactly how they play. Some thing needs to change.

vCash
    What needs to change is we need to bring in a defensive minded coach.

vCash
    George Karl:

I don't know what's going on with GK. His player roatations have been horrible. GK doesn't know when to put in players and when to sit them. He needs to quit playing favorites or just limit their minutes. You cant let your relationshp with a player(s) override your judgement as a coach. You have to do what's best for the team. To be a successful coach you have to be a leader of men and be able to develop the players on your team. There should be a gradual improvement year to year while a player is in their prime. It seems like GK is surrounded by yes men. Everyone can see the deficiencies on the team. You have to hold players accountable. Quit making excuses for the players GK. The other day Doc Rivers called his team soft and you have to do things like that when your team is not performing at the level they should be. Every after game press conference it's the same thing from him. He talks about how our ft shooting is hurting us, we need to play better defense, and that we have a young team and we're going to make mistakes. What are you doing to change that? I wish someone near him i.e. coaches, reporters would ask him that very question. I'm curious what he would say.

vCash
    If you actually step back and look at this game, the two match-ups we thought were key for the game were Iguodala v Kobe and Gallo v MWP.

In the Iguodala v Kobe match-up I think Iguodala did a very good job. Kobe 5/15 for 14 points, Iguodala was 4/10 for 14 points. Kobe had 8 assists, but the way Lakers were dropping the threes, anyone could have had 8 assists.

Gallo v MWP match-up. I think Gallo won this one. Gallo was 6/13 for 19 points (4/7 from three point range). MWP was 3/11 for 10 points

Where we got dominated, and a little surprising the domination was so great was at PF and Center. Dwight Howard crushed our centers. He shot 12/16 for 28 points and a massive 20 rebounds (8 offensive). How this happens with 3 seven footers on our roster is just criminal. I expected to see a McGee, K2 line-up at times but not sure it ever happened. I thought in past games those two on the court seemed to complement each other. It didnt help that McGee was M.I.A on defense against Howard. Howard had his way under the basket. Against a player with such athleticism you need to BOX HIM OUT. Sometimes I wonder if the Nuggets ever work on fundamentals.

Also wondering if K2 picked up an injury cause he only play a little over 9 minutes and he wasnt doing any worse than McGee or Mozzy. In fact he was the only player on the Nuggets with a positive +/- stat (+7).

Already posted on Faried earlier in the thread. Against a player like Jamison, Faried really struggles. He is fine against Gasol, in fact, Gasol had a very ordinary game. Against a player like Jamison, Faried just hasnt figured out how to play D against a good perimeter shooter. Jamison got plenty of open looks and Faried was kept far enough away from the glass that Howard had a field day grabbing offensive rebounds. I think this was great coaching by D'Antoni.

And finally, how do you let Meeks hit 7/8 from three point land? OK, when the guy hits three threes in a row, I think it's time to put a player in his face and MAKE SURE you dont go under screens. He was obviously red hot, but a hand in his face could have changed that.

Sorry for the long post, dont think it's time to hit the panic button. There really were some positives to come out of this game... Gallo, Iguodala and JHam. We were essentially beaten by their bench players. Something that needs to be addressed by the coaching staff. Dont think Jamison has that sort of game if either Gallo or Chandler were marking him. Not saying to take Faried out of the game, just switch defensive assignments when Jamison is in the game, Faried did fine against Gasol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    If you actually step back and look at this game, the two match-ups we thought were key for the game were Iguodala v Kobe and Gallo v MWP.

Where we got dominated, and a little surprising the domination was so great was at PF and Center. Dwight Howard crushed our centers. He shot 12/16 for 28 points and a massive 20 rebounds (8 offensive). How this happens with 3 seven footers on our roster is just criminal.

Sorry for the long post, dont think it's time to hit the panic button.
    Knew all of this was coming before the game began. Sorry to say but all the centers on this roster are outclassed by D12. Mcgee just isnt dominant enough in the paint and Koufos is atrocious vs elite bigs let alone dwight howard. Mosgov once again is the best bet on D12. The D'Antoni Lakers are a nightmare matchup for the nuggets. Once Nash gets back it will be worse.

People are surprised Jamison and meeks went off but expect that more this season. Thats a D'Antoni offense and people will be looking to shoot the 3. But whats funny is this team sucks at defending the 3...go figure.
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 12-01-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast