Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Exclamation Fire George Karl website/petition?

Would you guys be with me if I make a fire Karl petition website in which you guys would virtually sign and the petition count - signatures would go up on the website? I don't want to do it and it be a complete fail.. That's why I'm asking if you guys would be with me.
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    I don't think that's going to solve anything...your petition...it's on massai and kroenke to sit down with him and say what's on their minds...and you will get like 8-10 signatures??(that's why i think that it's not going to work),it's better to ask benjamin to put it on DP.com as pool(they have those when something is happening in DN team) or something :S

vCash
    Yea man, I don't think it is going to do much good.

vCash
    Yeah it won't work, we're not like the Lakers where the fans have some push for decisions.

vCash
    There was already a Firegeorgekarl site that existed...nothing came of it, and it turned into Denverstiffs.com

vCash
    You kiddin me George Karl is the only one that keeps those attitudes in check, you have Chandler, McGee, Miller, Iggy. SOoo much that can go wrong there.

vCash
    yea i guess you guys are right..
    "There are only two or three superstars in the league anyways," Karl said early in the season.

Agreed

vCash
    hes one of the greatest coaches of all time, i dont think you can fire him just yet. there would be huge backlash that would have to be faced.
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

vCash
    ^^^^ I don't think that any GM would say, if I'm building a team and need a coach, GK is one of the first guys I would hire. He's just not a great coach who has had good enough teams to win in the regular season but he fails miserably in the postseason. There is probably not a coach in the NBA who would be allowed to pull the **** GK does all the time. He puts Faried at center with gallo at the 4, iggy at the 3 and miller at the 2, all of who'm are out of position in the closing momments of a game! then guess what we get outrebounded and lose because GK is too stubborn to understand that Javale McGee is absolutely vital to the longterm success of this team. I don't care if he's not the greatest center right now. He works hard every night and if we want to ever win in the postseason, we need to learn how to play a big halfcourt lineup effectively.

Remember when GK had Anthony Carter inbound the ball against Lamar Odom?!?! Probably no coach would have a job after pulling that crap. He hides behind his regular season wins which is only there due to the tremendous amount of games he's coached and the talented teams he has had. His postseason record is horrendous and I am wondering why we are all here after a decade of regular season success and postseason failure acting like GK winning some games in the regular season matters.

GK has one very valuable aspect to his coaching that I absolutely love, that is essential to the future of this team and that is his incredible ability to develop players. Hollinger said that the Nuggets did more for McGee in 2 months than the Wizards did for him in 3 years. This is why I think we keep Karl for this season, if we make it past the 1st round, we give him a 2nd but if after next postseason he still shows the same stubborn mentality in the postseason and costs us wins, he needs to go. I personally think overall GK is a mid level coach.

Someone mentioned that he keeps ego's in check but his track record says otherwise. He had issues with Melo, JR and K-Mart not to mention his issues with Ray Allen, yes Ray Allen. GK will always have a place in the league because if you have a young team he will get the most out of it. But like we now see Melo in NY playing like he never did in Denv on both sides of the ball, If a team wants to take the next step, they must embrace winning the way that every team ever has won a championship. Playing halfcourt ball and embracing defense as much if not more than offense. It amazes me that GK would rather lose his way than win the traditional way. It is sad to because we deserve better as fans, we deserve to see this team play to it's full potential. I don't really know who I would like to coach that's available but I wouldn't mind taking a chance on the Next Tom Thibedeau or Scott Brooks. Easier said than done but I have faith in Masai. It's not like he's blind to GK's faults.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santana4Prez'08 View Post
    hes one of the greatest coaches of all time, i dont think you can fire him just yet
    lmfao

vCash
    I'm in. Get rid of him. Get rid of him, get rid of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    I'm in. Get rid of him. Get rid of him, get rid of him.

vCash
    Karl is easily one of the best coaches in the NBA. Who do you Nuggets fans think you can get to replace him that would be an upgrade? Phil Jackson? Pat Riley? Give me a break. Every season I see a group of idiots in here wanting him fired, and then he makes something out of nothing and you start kissing his butt again. Let the cycle continue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOf215 View Post
    Karl is easily one of the best coaches in the NBA. Who do you Nuggets fans think you can get to replace him that would be an upgrade? Phil Jackson? Pat Riley? Give me a break. Every season I see a group of idiots in here wanting him fired, and then he makes something out of nothing and you start kissing his butt again. Let the cycle continue.
    You obviously dont follow the nuggets much or even George Karls career

You sound like the NBA TV analysts who kiss George Karls butt 24/7

vCash
    This season he's made nothing out of something. It's time to give someone else a chance. Wtf were those 2 plays? Might as well let McGee call our game winning/losing inbounds plays!!

Agreed

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast