Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mckenzie doesnt see huff long term at cb

Q: Do you guys view Michael Huff as a cornerback long-term?

A: No, he's a safety. I didn't have a lot of corners to begin with. We had at the start of the season one guy, two guys that were here last year. Michael Huff just gave us the ability because of his skill level, athleticism, he was our best option to do that with.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-o...95&feedID=2801

TyvonBranch

vCash
    Let me translate...McKenzie is telling you he can't wait to ditch Huff, like the majority of Al's trash.

The bloodbath is coming.

-Stork

vCash
    I agree he's not but we're lucky to have him. We need to develop some of the young guys and continue to look at FA's to help solidify the CB spots and other spots. I'm sure RM has a plan and will be very active during the draft and FA period next year... Good article...

"The greatness of the Raiders is in the future..." ~ Al Davis

vCash
    Huff is giving it his all, but he's not a corner. And he's not a young fella, either. There is a reason why the progression is to go from CB to Safety more often than not. I applaud his effort, but we can get better at that position. Let's wait and see what the offseason holds.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    later bro
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Let me translate...McKenzie is telling you he can't wait to ditch Huff, like the majority of Al's trash.

The bloodbath is coming.

-Stork
    llullz

Baha man, it just seems like it's time to finally clean house completely and start over. Start fresh, a new beginning and building the franchise we all love right, from the ground up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Baha man, it just seems like it's time to finally clean house completely and start over. Start fresh, a new beginning and building the franchise we all love right, from the ground up.
    McKenzie commented that he thinks he's brought our scouting department along the furthest so far. Thats a very telling remark.

We forget just how antiquated our entire organization was. I'm sure it took him a couple of weeks to ditch all the overheads and install 21st century technology.

He literally had nothing going for him when he took over. No picks, no cap space, no foundation in place.

-Stork

vCash
    Huff isn't going anywhere. He can play two positions which are two positions of need. He has already proved that. He won't go anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    Huff isn't going anywhere. He can play two positions which are two positions of need. He has already proved that. He won't go anywhere.
    I agree. What I don't agree with is Huff not staying at corner. The guy's been solid there. I guess Reggie feels he can make more plays at safety but I still feel Huff doesn't make enough plays there and have always seen him as an above average safety at best.

With other guys w/contracts getting cut this off-season cutting Huff I doubt is in the cards.

vCash

http://tinyurl.com/cyldu88

Aside from the mandatory rah rah, what really sticks out is when he says, "I'm a rookie and Dennis Allen is a rookie."

Then it's his admission that our current slide is much worse than he expected.

When you consider the two, things actually make sense. Sad but true.

Promising? Not if you consider the first.

Just goes to show, what happens when you have a rookie owner...

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chucklemethis View Post
    I agree. What I don't agree with is Huff not staying at corner. The guy's been solid there. I guess Reggie feels he can make more plays at safety but I still feel Huff doesn't make enough plays there and have always seen him as an above average safety at best.

With other guys w/contracts getting cut this off-season cutting Huff I doubt is in the cards.
    I like Huff. I don't see why people are down on him. I think he has played well at CB this year. I personally don't think Huff should be cut (I may be biased) nor do I think RM will. He will be a Raider for a while.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliDevil71 View Post
    huffs remaining contract is non guranteed. meaning if we cut him in the offeseason we get 8 million free, with no dead money.

i think its bound to happen even if he's a solid player.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    huffs remaining contract is non guranteed. meaning if we cut him in the offeseason we get 8 million free, with no dead money.

oh I didn't know that. If that's true than yeah get the $ to get better players and buh-bye Huff..

he doesn't make nearly enough plays for the $ he's paid.

two biggest memories of Huff? 1 against the Jets where he dropped the INT that would have sealed the game for us @ home in 08 I believe....and the INT against Houston after Al's death.

if there's litte to no cap hit and he's schedule for 8mill - gtfo
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 11-30-2012 at 10:47 PM.

vCash
    Weird thing is Reggie signed Carson to an extension. However his 13 million next year is non guaranteed if we cut him. Might that was Reggie's plan? Maybe. Off season is about to b exciting and shocking.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post

Oh, I didn't know that either! Stand corrected. Then he might be let go then, unless they can restructure again. Or is there a rule with doing it twice to the same contract? I don't know the answer to that one.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast