Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Wright physical OK; Wilpon 1 dispatched

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
    david wright $138M deal just awaiting signatures since hes passed physical. press conference in nashville weds.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    sex

vCash
    Sweeny Murti Just said the Mets could get a Myers type for Dickey. It seems like they are asking for myers plus others that could help on mlb level.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    wrong thread

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Nm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Sweeny Murti Just said the Mets could get a Myers type for Dickey. It seems like they are asking for myers plus others that could help on mlb level.
    I want to punch Sweeny Murti in the groin.

With that being said, I don't think the Mets could get Myers, unless they give up more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I want to punch Sweeny Murti in the groin.

With that being said, I don't think the Mets could get Myers, unless they give up more.
    They wont do that so...now what.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Wright talks on MLB Hot Stove about the signing process and what he wanted to see and hear from the Mets before he signed:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...10881&c_id=mlb

vCash
    David Wright year-by-year breakdown

So here is the breakdown courtesy of Jason Stark via Adam Rubin:
    ESPN's Jayson Stark provides the year-by-year salaries for David Wright under his new agreement. Wright originally was due to make $16 million in 2013. The salary is reduced at the back end of the deal, so that the sides have a reasonable number from which to work off if Wright decides to play beyond 2020, when he will be 38.

Present value: $134,015,678.

Salaries
    2013: $11 million ($3 million deferred without interest)
    2014-2018: $20 million per year ($2.5 million deferred annually without interest)
    2019: $15 million
    2020: $12 million

Award bonuses
    First-time MVP: $500,000 ($200,000 for second- through fifth-place finish)
    Second-time MVP: $1 million
    Third-time MVP: $1.5 million
    All-Star selection: $100,000
    Highest league All-Star vote: $100,000
    TSN/BA/AP MV or Player of the Year: $100,000
    Division Series MVP: $150,000
    League Championship Series MVP: $150,000
    World Series MVP: $250,000
    Silver Slugger: $100,000
    Gold Glove: $100,000
    Hank Aaron Award: $100,000

Charity
    Wright will donate to Mets charity: $110,000 in 2013, $200,000 per year from 2014-2018, $150,000 in 2019 and $120,000 in 2020.

Perks
    Suite on road.
    It appears that $15.5m is deferred.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    When David said they answered all his tough questions I am starting to wonder what those questions were? So David fell for Jeff's poker face because he seemed like he was deadset on winning? Of course all owners would like to win but when you are just concerned with turning a profit first and winning comes a distant second there is no real hope in sight for this franchise. The Dodgers were just bankrupt and now are handing out money like it was candy corns on Halloween and the Mets are sitting along with the Yankees clipping coupons. This offseason so far has been embarrassing for these two New York baseball franchises. If they are not realistically trying to win this season then Dickey should have been traded while his value is high, don't wait till 2013 if he gets rocked. The Mets are just an abyss of mediocrity, let's just all admit it and are going nowhere fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    When David said they answered all his tough questions I am starting to wonder what those questions were? So David fell for Jeff's poker face because he seemed like he was deadset on winning? Of course all owners would like to win but when you are just concerned with turning a profit first and winning comes a distant second there is no real hope in sight for this franchise. The Dodgers were just bankrupt and now are handing out money like it was candy corns on Halloween and the Mets are sitting along with the Yankees clipping coupons. This offseason so far has been embarrassing for these two New York baseball franchises. If they are not realistically trying to win this season then Dickey should have been traded while his value is high, don't wait till 2013 if he gets rocked. The Mets are just an abyss of mediocrity, let's just all admit it and are going nowhere fast.

The only question David asked was "do I get my money in 50's or 100's?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    The only question David asked was "do I get my money in 50's or 100's?"
    David asked Jeff, "Before I sign this contract are you serious about putting a championship team together while I can still produce?" and Jeff responded with "Look at my face, does it look like I am lying about something like that?" That wasn't Jeff's pokerface, it was his usual constipated look.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    To be clear...there is room to add players within the budget. Alderson stated the room was there, and it has been his choice/decision not to add them.

But we're not going to spend the money in mid-December just because we have it. We may spend it in January. We may spend it at some other time. We may not spend it. But the important thing is we have the flexibility to make a baseball decision about that rather than be constrained by sort of an artificial financial limitation."
    If you are frustrated, I think SA is the man for you to point a finger at.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    To be clear...there is room to add players within the budget. Alderson stated the room was there, and it has been his choice/decision not to add them.

If you are frustrated, I think SA is the man for you to point a finger at.
    Let me ask you this Dug, the way this team is currently constructed do they make the playoffs in 2013? If your answer is no then they need to trade Dickey now and get something for him while his value is high instead of offering an insulting 2/20 for the reigning N.L. Cy Young winner.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast