Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Terry is going to ask Wright to be the official captain of the team.
    Since he's a Met for life, it's only appropriate imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    No Harry, that's 138 billion pennies.
    SShhh..... Just be cool

Minute Rice: Put him in the bullpen, warm him up, and he's ready to serve.

vCash
    13,800,000,000 cents.

vCash
    Wouldn't you know it. When ALL Met fans should be unified in rejoicing, the Wilpon bashers and Sandy haters are still at it, playing down the deal, saying they still won't do any more to improve the team, and finding reasons to denigrate all. The off-season is just beginning. We're not even at the Winter Meetings and they're confident that we will do little more or even nothing.

This is a great deal for David, and a risky but fully warranted one for the team. It cements a vital member of the team's core for the long term. Now is the time to continue to build. I will not be disappointed if they also extend Dickey. I love and respect the guy, and think he is, and will continue to be, an outstanding pitcher for a few years. But his trade value will never be higher, and we can have a fine rotation without him. I'd love to see Sandy pry Myers from Drayton Moore (or some other top quality outfielder from anywhere) at the meetings next week.

We have several other needs to address, and it seems to me that Sandy has about $20 million in 2013 payroll flexibility to work with. Either with free agents or by trades, he should be able to acquire some pretty decent talent for this year as well as continuing to build for the future. The deal with David should demonstrate that they are committed to investing and trying to improve the Mets.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    They haven't improved the team for years, and they still haven't. Everyone is pleased about DW but it is still just a stand pat move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They haven't improved the team for years, and they still haven't. Everyone is pleased about DW but it is still just a stand pat move.
    Standing pat would be not signing him beyond their previous commitment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    While I do not think that the Wilpon's are racist at all, I am pretty sure when deciding who to choose among these two corner stone player to pay and give big money to and be the face of the franchise where they came from and how they looked might have been a favor. In one corner you have Mr. All American, good looking David Wright who says all the right things an in the other side you have a flamboyant Latino with dreadlocks who speaks broken English.
    You also have to consider attitude. I love Reyes, but Wright is a more... shall we say... stable individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    This team still sucks

vCash
    I am so happy about this. This is awesome. Met for life!!!

Now we can all focus on Dickey! OK, that sounds wrong. You get the point, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    You also have to consider attitude. I love Reyes, but Wright is a more... shall we say... stable individual.
    Wright is also the one who is regularly standing in front of the cameras and microphones dealing with questions about the team's performance. He is also the one whose value over the course of the contracts will not be based primarily on the health of his oft-injured legs.

vCash
    That's good news, but in reality, it's a stand pat move. As even team shill Matt Cerrone points out, the team is no better today than it was yesterday.

This is pretty much the absolute minimum we should expect, anyone who is feeling grateful to the Coupons today has something wrong with them.

Now IMPROVE the team.
    Basically, this is cool, but the Mets have to add some pieces in FA next year. Assuming the Mets resign Dickey and our young guys get arbitration, our payroll would be no more than 60 mil, so that is enough to go after a guy like Corey Hart and maybe Carlos Gomez. The worst thing I fear, is for the Mets to just resign Dickey and Wright, while doing little to improve the team. If the Mets don't do anything outside of this in the next 2 years, than I'll probably won't watch the team that much.
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Wouldn't you know it. When ALL Met fans should be unified in rejoicing, the Wilpon bashers and Sandy haters are still at it, playing down the deal, saying they still won't do any more to improve the team, and finding reasons to denigrate all. The off-season is just beginning. We're not even at the Winter Meetings and they're confident that we will do little more or even nothing.

This is a great deal for David, and a risky but fully warranted one for the team. It cements a vital member of the team's core for the long term. Now is the time to continue to build. I will not be disappointed if they also extend Dickey. I love and respect the guy, and think he is, and will continue to be, an outstanding pitcher for a few years. But his trade value will never be higher, and we can have a fine rotation without him. I'd love to see Sandy pry Myers from Drayton Moore (or some other top quality outfielder from anywhere) at the meetings next week.

We have several other needs to address, and it seems to me that Sandy has about $20 million in 2013 payroll flexibility to work with. Either with free agents or by trades, he should be able to acquire some pretty decent talent for this year as well as continuing to build for the future. The deal with David should demonstrate that they are committed to investing and trying to improve the Mets.

I am not a Sandy hater. Its great we signed Wright and I am glad he will finish his career as a Met.

Lets be real though. How is this team any better then it was yesterday?

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Do you have anything positive to say...ever? I mean if the Mets DIDN'T get this deal done, you'd be the first poster to scream about the "Coupons" not having the balls or the money to sign their franchise player. I guess some people only want to post to complain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Of course, but down the road it is often revealed that the subjective analysis and rating was not accurate. Regardless of how it was rated, if years later it proves to have been better than it was perceived, the reality is that the perception was false.
    There are many different variables that can't be accounted for when making a list, one of which is injuries, another is if a player is blocked. The type of ball park and so forth.

Hence its a snapshot at that particular moment.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Now that they signed Wright, I have a feeling one of Dickey or Niese is gonna get dealt next week for an OF bat. It seems that the way David structured his deal is to have the team become better sooner than we thought

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast