Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Retract had the injury history and uses his legs to be successful. When both players drop off it will be worse for Reyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    This...It's great that they ponied up and signed their best offensive player in team history, but it can't stop there. In all reality this team is probably worse then last years. I think Dickey will still be a top 10 pitcher but I don't think he will be the best or even top 3 again this year.

Sadly there is nothing they can do at this point to make this team a winner by next year.

We don't have the pieces to bring in an elite outfielder which is what this team def needs.

Wright is the equivalent to Matt Holliday imo. Very good player that needs a great hitter on the team to reach his maximum effectiveness.

All we can hope for is vast improvements from Thole, Kirk, Duda, Ike and hope for Murphy to get some of his power back.

I agree with every word of that.

What has yet to be seen is if DW has had real assurances of REAL improvements to the team to come. Maybe DW just wanted to stay and be a Met for life, maybe he figures that becoming a teams best ever player - full stop, after he retires, is something he could never achieve elsewhere.

Legacy, if you will.

Sure he wants to win, but he can't go anywhere else and be that teams Cal Ripken.

When the Coupons put together a credible team, I will give them credit for it, until then I will remain unimpressed by standing pat.

At least they did not **** this up like they did with Jose.

vCash
    Awesome news, I was confident it would get done eventually.

I wonder how much Wright is getting in 2013? I'm sure he has a low base salary so that we can make other moves.

vCash
    If they wanted to prove something to their fans atleast offer Hamilton 5 years @ 120 or Bourne 6 years @ 95-100. Even if they don't except that atleast shows your trying.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash

Because we didn't make the playoffs for one!

Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Why do you think Omar was fired, Amogo?
    Bad contracts, poor drafting, and falling apart like 3 years in a row starting in 2006(?)! The minor leagues poor winning percentage.

Now sadly, with SA we haven't done much more, but SA has money constraits which are crippling. We are seeing some drafting improvements. We are no longer throwing money at problems for short term gain.

I don't see anyone quickly snatching him up for a GM job someplace. Heck at least Steve Phillips could get a job on ESPN. I like Omar, but the results aren't there! I believe the Wilpons had something to do with that, but race would appear to be a non-factor.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash

David Wright and Mets agree to 7 year extension

You do now that Omar is working in the Padres front office right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    Bad contracts, poor drafting, and falling apart like 3 years in a row starting in 2006(?)! The minor leagues poor winning percentage.

Now sadly, with SA we haven't done much more, but SA has money constraits which are crippling. We are seeing some drafting improvements. We are no longer throwing money at problems for short term gain.

I don't see anyone quickly snatching him up for a GM job someplace. Heck at least Steve Phillips could get a job on ESPN. I like Omar, but the results aren't there! I believe the Wilpons had something to do with that, but race would appear to be a non-factor.
    Omar has been the Senior VP of Baseball Operations for the San Diego Padres for the past year.

Also, winning percentage is not a valid indication of talent. When Binghamton (54-86) and Buffalo (56-87) were both performing abysmally and taking heat from the media and fans, players at AAA or AA included Jon Niese, Dillon Gee, Ike Davis, Lucas Duda, Jenrry Mejia, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Ruben Tejada, and Josh Thole.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 11-30-2012 at 10:32 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Awesome news, I was confident it would get done eventually.

I wonder how much Wright is getting in 2013? I'm sure he has a low base salary so that we can make other moves.

There will be enough flexibility for some scrubs, no doubt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Sadly there is nothing they can do at this point to make this team a winner by next year.
    There probably isn't. The outfield is especially bad at the moment, but SA now has some talent at the upper levels he might consider dealing for a quality OFer, and I'd like to see them resign Hairston.

Anyone who looks at the situation realistically can see that. However, the starting pitching is in excellent shape -- especially if Wheeler joins the rotation by September. I'm looking forward to watching Dickey, Niese, Harvey, Gee, and Santana, plus Wheeler at some point.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash

vCash
    Finally the Wilpons stepped up. If we sign Dickey which I would not do. I trade him. If we do lock Dickey up then i think we will have to trade Niese in ordfer to get outfield and catching help.

With that said I am very happy that the mets locked Wright up long term

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Omar has been the Senior VP of Baseball Operations for the San Diego Padres for the past year.

Also, winning percentage is not a valid indication of talent. When Binghamton (54-86) and Buffalo (56-87) were both performing abysmally and taking heat from the media and fans, players at AAA or AA included Jon Niese, Dillon Gee, Ike Davis, Lucas Duda, Jenrry Mejia, Kirk Nieuwenhuis, Ruben Tejada, and Josh Thole.
    These two players don't help your case, and when Omar left the farm was a bottom third system.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    These two players don't help your case, and when Omar left the farm was a bottom third system.
    I consider any player that reaches the Majors to be a success story. If they were the best of the bunch - eh - but they aren't. And I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility that both can improve.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Mets View Post
    Finally the Wilpons stepped up. If we sign Dickey which I would not do. I trade him. If we do lock Dickey up then i think we will have to trade Niese in ordfer to get outfield and catching help.

With that said I am very happy that the mets locked Wright up long term

They didn't really step up, they did what they had to do. They haven't improved the team one iota.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    They didn't really step up, they did what they had to do. They haven't improved the team one iota.
    There is significant risk signing a player for a total of 8 years. That is a considerable step to take. How many players in MLB are guaranteed monies for that long? Three?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast