Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wasn't fast enough.
    Should have been done before the WS ended.

This franchise is doomed, speed was the essence here and this FO failed big time.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Edited for my own Fuzzy Math...sorry
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; 11-30-2012 at 06:54 AM.

vCash

David Wright and Mets agree to 7 year extension

It's 8 years.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Your math is off...138...divided by 7 = 19.7
    I did not divide 138 by 7.
    I divided 138 by 8.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    I did not divide 138 by 7.
    I divided 138 by 8.
    Sorry miscalculation on my part...Wasn't including this year in the mix, was starting from 2014, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and in this case I am.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Sorry miscalculation on my part...Wasn't including this year in the mix, was starting from 2014, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong, and in this case I am.
    You just need a cup of Joe. Black with sugar.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    You just need a cup of Joe. Black with sugar.

Yes please, thank you!

vCash
    They sign the white guy and never made and attempt to sigh the Spanish guy. Wilnotpons are racists.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    As per WFANs Ed Coleman a few minutes ago.

Good night.

That's good news, but in reality, it's a stand pat move. As even team shill Matt Cerrone points out, the team is no better today than it was yesterday.

This is pretty much the absolute minimum we should expect, anyone who is feeling grateful to the Coupons today has something wrong with them.

Now IMPROVE the team.

vCash

David Wright and Mets agree to 7 year extension

While I do not think that the Wilpon's are racist at all, I am pretty sure when deciding who to choose among these two corner stone player to pay and give big money to and be the face of the franchise where they came from and how they looked might have been a favor. In one corner you have Mr. All American, good looking David Wright who says all the right things an in the other side you have a flamboyant Latino with dreadlocks who speaks broken English.

vCash

Wow.. where does that come from.

Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    They sign the white guy and never made and attempt to sigh the Spanish guy. Wilnotpons are racists.
    They pee away their money evenly on any nationality. How about our Japanese 2nd baseman turned short stop. How about OP and Castillo, how about George Foster, how about Mike Pelfrey, how about Bay. When Omar was here it looked like little Latin America. I think the Wilpons would spend money on any nationality as long as it brought the promise of winning. Sadly most of them didn't.

Besides the greater NYC area has nearly every nationality there is. The stadium celebrates nearly every nationality there is too. Sadly.. they cut out Swahili Fridays, which did have the best goats mike!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    They pee away their money evenly on any nationality. How about our Japanese 2nd baseman turned short stop. How about OP and Castillo, how about George Foster, how about Mike Pelfrey, how about Bay. When Omar was here it looked like little Latin America. I think the Wilpons would spend money on any nationality as long as it brought the promise of winning. Sadly most of them didn't.

Besides the greater NYC area has nearly every nationality there is. The stadium celebrates nearly every nationality there is too. Sadly.. they cut out Swahili Fridays, which did have the best goats mike!
    Why do you think Omar was fired, Amogo?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I thought it was going to get done and it did and am glad for it.

One question I have for Mets fans though, Reyes at 106 million for 6 years or Wright at 122 million for 7 years.

People think this was a fair deal, then what Reyes got was more than fair.
    Not really. Reyes was deserving of that contract but I think Wright was the safer deal. Power hitters tend to have the best years 28-35 then fall of a cliff. Hopefully wright will stay healthy past 35 and still be productive.

Reyes's entire game was built off speed. If he loses his speed his average drops, stolen bases drop and becomes less effective defensively.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    I can't believe its true. Finally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    That's good news, but in reality, it's a stand pat move. As even team shill Matt Cerrone points out, the team is no better today than it was yesterday.

This is pretty much the absolute minimum we should expect, anyone who is feeling grateful to the Coupons today has something wrong with them.

Now IMPROVE the team.
    This...It's great that they ponied up and signed their best offensive player in team history, but it can't stop there. In all reality this team is probably worse then last years. I think Dickey will still be a top 10 pitcher but I don't think he will be the best or even top 3 again this year.

Sadly there is nothing they can do at this point to make this team a winner by next year.

We don't have the pieces to bring in an elite outfielder which is what this team def needs.

Wright is the equivalent to Matt Holliday imo. Very good player that needs a great hitter on the team to reach his maximum effectiveness.

All we can hope for is vast improvements from Thole, Kirk, Duda, Ike and hope for Murphy to get some of his power back.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast