Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

When did you become a Warriors fan?

When I was a young boy, growing up in Western CA, My father sat me on his knee, turned on the television, and showed me my first basketball game. The teams were the Los Angeles Lakers, and the Golden State Warriors. I was captivated by the Blue jerseys of the warriors. Chris Mullin drained a 3, and I begun to cheer. My father looked me in the eye and says "Tony, Don't cheer for them, they're losers. The Gold team is the team that cares about winning." I'll never forget it. And now, as many of my closest brethan are toiled in year and year of watching losing basketball, I watch my Lakers on NBA league pass. And you know what, they're losing. but the lakers will be back, because thats what Laker Basketball is...Championships. So I ask you Warrior fans, When did you become a Warriors fan, and when is enough, enough?

vCash
    ODP's story should be fascinating

vCash
    From the stomach at birth...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    From the stomach at birth...
    TILL IM UNDER THE EARTH

#WhatsGood
    Last edited by MackShock; 11-30-2012 at 05:42 AM.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    haha u feelin my sig guppy?

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    When Michael Jordan left the bulls...just kidding. But seriously I was a Jordan fan and a Warriors fan.

vCash
    i used to root for the bulls..but then again i was like 10 years old and didnt know any better..

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    i used to root for the bulls..but then again i was like 10 years old and didnt know any better..
    Me too..I'm in the same boat.

vCash
    perhaps you and i, are not so different

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Was a Warriors fan since the 93-94 season. I remember as a kid when I use to paint my backyard blue and yellow with outdoor chalk. I would draw a paint and a 3 point line, though the 3 point line wasn't quite far enough. I also had a side hoop, but that was a mini hoop. I had that side hoop before I had the big hoop. With the side hoop I used to pretend that I was Jason Kidd on the Bears and I would make up my own make believe teams and pretend that my neighbors all had hoops and that we were all part of a league.

Because where I'm from, there is a really good view, In the hills, I could see all the homes below me, and I would pretend that the house next door to me had a court, and i would pretend the house on the other street had a hoop. So I imagined that we had our own league going on, with real fans and stuff. That was the house that had a backyard next to mine, I used to use tennis rackets and hit mini oranges on the other high roof with my friend. the neighbors were old so they didn't care. Sometimes we would be able to hit it over the tree onto the streets.

I remember in 94 when they made the playoffs. I was so mad at the first game because I was supposed to have pizza at one of my very old cousins house. Instead there was no pizza and she had no tv. That was very depressing for me.

I remember in 03 when me and my buddy hit up the strip club in the tenderloin. We spotted Jamison. My friend (the one I went with to today's game) always thought that the T Wolves and Mavericks were almost the same team, so he always mixed the two up. He went up to Jamison while Jamison was in town. He asked him if he was on the Timberwolves or Mavericks. And Jamison looked at him like he was an idiot, chewed his gum, and said, ''Timberwolves.'' Antawns friend was very annoyed and told him to back off. As a matter of fact, before we knew it was Antawn we were chanting his name and saying it in a funny way from across the stage. His boys kept telling us it's not him. The very next day we found out that Jamison was on the Mavericks as they played the Warriors. So Antawn had lied to my friend.

Then in 06 I freaked out when I saw Biedrins and his friend Zarko the bathroom at Mitchells strip club. I was high fiveing them so bad and kept talking to them telling biedins how much I idolize his game and he kept smiling. Zarko said he was embarrassed and worried i would tell everyone that they go to strip clubs. I basically jizzed and got their autograph and brought over a hot blonde to them and she thanked me and eventually got a dance from Biedrins, she sucked his thing in the back. And she told me she would be going to a hotel with them later for a couple grand. Oh yea and she also told me he was like a legit 12 incher and well hung. This was around the time when biedrins was caught doing mischievous acts with Zarko, and basically coming across as a party animal. I knew right away those pics were real, because I had witnessed biedrins goofing off myself.

Then in the We believe playoffs year I saw Andris again at a bar. I saw Zarko too and stopped him. He remembered me and brought Biedrins over to see me for a moment. Biedrins smiled and said ''what's up man?'' I asked him if he rmemebered me and he said yea. I told him they better beat the Jazz cuz it was mothers day and they had lost. He said that they would be plenty ready to make a comeback and win the series.

2 years later i saw him at another strip club and i high fived him so hard. My friend was there and went nuts and got his autograph.

So that explains why I love Biedrins. He oarties hard, plays hard, and always remembers me as the guy that got his autograph in the strip clubs.

vCash
    as much as you get on my nerves, thats a pretty cool story. and how you made up your own teams and leagues made me think that you had a cool imagination lol. props. youre not so bad.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Over Da Pence View Post
    Was a Warriors fan since the 93-94 season. I remember as a kid when I use to paint my backyard blue and yellow with outdoor chalk. I would draw a paint and a 3 point line, though the 3 point line wasn't quite far enough. I also had a side hoop, but that was a mini hoop. I had that side hoop before I had the big hoop. With the side hoop I used to pretend that I was Jason Kidd on the Bears and I would make up my own make believe teams and pretend that my neighbors all had hoops and that we were all part of a league.

Because where I'm from, there is a really good view, In the hills, I could see all the homes below me, and I would pretend that the house next door to me had a court, and i would pretend the house on the other street had a hoop. So I imagined that we had our own league going on, with real fans and stuff. That was the house that had a backyard next to mine, I used to use tennis rackets and hit mini oranges on the other high roof with my friend. the neighbors were old so they didn't care. Sometimes we would be able to hit it over the tree onto the streets.

I remember in 94 when they made the playoffs. I was so mad at the first game because I was supposed to have pizza at one of my very old cousins house. Instead there was no pizza and she had no tv. That was very depressing for me.

I remember in 03 when me and my buddy hit up the strip club in the tenderloin. We spotted Jamison. My friend (the one I went with to today's game) always thought that the T Wolves and Mavericks were almost the same team, so he always mixed the two up. He went up to Jamison while Jamison was in town. He asked him if he was on the Timberwolves or Mavericks. And Jamison looked at him like he was an idiot, chewed his gum, and said, ''Timberwolves.'' Antawns friend was very annoyed and told him to back off. As a matter of fact, before we knew it was Antawn we were chanting his name and saying it in a funny way from across the stage. His boys kept telling us it's not him. The very next day we found out that Jamison was on the Mavericks as they played the Warriors. So Antawn had lied to my friend.

Then in 06 I freaked out when I saw Biedrins and his friend Zarko the bathroom at Mitchells strip club. I was high fiveing them so bad and kept talking to them telling biedins how much I idolize his game and he kept smiling. Zarko said he was embarrassed and worried i would tell everyone that they go to strip clubs. I basically jizzed and got their autograph and brought over a hot blonde to them and she thanked me and eventually got a dance from Biedrins, she sucked his thing in the back. And she told me she would be going to a hotel with them later for a couple grand. Oh yea and she also told me he was like a legit 12 incher and well hung. This was around the time when biedrins was caught doing mischievous acts with Zarko, and basically coming across as a party animal. I knew right away those pics were real, because I had witnessed biedrins goofing off myself.

Then in the We believe playoffs year I saw Andris again at a bar. I saw Zarko too and stopped him. He remembered me and brought Biedrins over to see me for a moment. Biedrins smiled and said ''what's up man?'' I asked him if he rmemebered me and he said yea. I told him they better beat the Jazz cuz it was mothers day and they had lost. He said that they would be plenty ready to make a comeback and win the series.

2 years later i saw him at another strip club and i high fived him so hard. My friend was there and went nuts and got his autograph.

So that explains why I love Biedrins. He oarties hard, plays hard, and always remembers me as the guy that got his autograph in the strip clubs.
    Story checks out :P. I remember mother's day....kinda, I got a concussion and when I saw the Dubs playing the Jazz later that day I kept asking my dad when the **** we beat the Mavs hahaha.

Dope stories dude.

vCash
    Also, I started watching basketball as Jordan exited and the Lakers became a dynasty. I liked Kobe as a youngin although my favorite player was C-Webb. I love Peja too. My dad always told me about Mullin and Sleepy Floyd and Run TMC but I was too young to realize what he was talking about.

Then in 2001 when we drafted JRich I started to care for the Warriors and eventually fell in love with them.

vCash
    i liked antawn jamison first, then became obsessed with t-mac...2003 is when i started watching warriors officially. jrich arenas murphy in the same draft in 2001 but they still sucked and i liked t-mac..
    Last edited by MackShock; 11-30-2012 at 08:30 AM.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    as much as you get on my nerves, thats a pretty cool story. and how you made up your own teams and leagues made me think that you had a cool imagination lol. props. youre not so bad.

I was a real good shooter as a kid, i made 93 out of 100 free throws before when i was 12. I couldn't miss. But in the games, I would sweat bullets and feel all the pressure and became Biedrins and not want the ball. Plus hated defense. Little kids would laugh at me for my defense, but they all knew i could shoot lights out. But couldn't manufacturer shots.

Yes, I did paint the bricks yellow and blue and I would have to keep repainting whenever it rained. I made up my own teams, pretended I was kidd playing with duck and gonzolez. I used to also have the window mini hoop and I would pretend I was some green team called the ''Knomes.'' I would pretend we had our own arena too and that the girl of my dreams watched me. Geez, i remember when I would actually write out divisions of fake teams and print the standings out.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast