Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Look guys..... TY has talent but lacks in knowledge.... What did jimmy Johnson say..... "Slap me upside the head the next time I take a stupid player." IMO players like TY are what is wrong with the lions today. Zero discipline. As a lions fan it kills me to watch this team under achieve. Stafford and Johnson are really the only guys that are class acts and that includes coaches.. What do you expect from players when their coaching staff can't control their anger on the sidelines. Yes we have all the talent in the world to beat these good teams.... We lose these games because of what's between the ears. Players and coaches included. Look last year was fun but if we want to take the next step we need to stop acting like we are 5 years old.

vCash
    I was referring to "talent" as in"players", of which evaluation of their character plays a role. I agree that it was bad character evaluation.
    #66 LaAdrian Waddle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Primestein View Post
    Look guys..... TY has talent but lacks in knowledge.... What did jimmy Johnson say..... "Slap me upside the head the next time I take a stupid player." IMO players like TY are what is wrong with the lions today. Zero discipline. As a lions fan it kills me to watch this team under achieve. Stafford and Johnson are really the only guys that are class acts and that includes coaches.. What do you expect from players when their coaching staff can't control their anger on the sidelines. Yes we have all the talent in the world to beat these good teams.... We lose these games because of what's between the ears. Players and coaches included. Look last year was fun but if we want to take the next step we need to stop acting like we are 5 years old.
    I agree. Give me a smart player with leadership skill over someone who has bad attitude and more talent.

Get more guys like KVB, Delmas, Tony Jefferson ('13 draft), Calvin, Burleson, Broyles.

Looks like a WR in this draft is certainly an option now.

vCash
    Yeah I think a lot of options are on the table in this years draft now that Titus is done. Would be nice to get another big deep threat to take the pressure off of cj. Sorta like Atlanta did minus giving up all the draft picks because we need them.

vCash
    this guy is now a cancer to the team and must go. maybe we could get a 4th or 5th round pick for him. now we need more draft picks more than ever

vCash
    can we suspend him with out pay?? or is that something only the leage can do?
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    can we suspend him with out pay?? or is that something only the leage can do?
    nope you can't due to cba rules there has to be some sort of infraction that took place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    nope you can't due to cba rules there has to be some sort of infraction that took place.
    sabotaging the O in a game is not a infarction?
    2013 tied for 1st place -PSD(lions forum) NFL pick'em
    2012 Lions draft contest winner
    Lions OTT #2 #3 #16 #22 winner
    2010, 2011, 2012 best argument

2014 AAL Kyle Van Noy

0 tackles 0 sacks 0 interceptions

vCash
    They didn't release him (at least not yet).

They just stated that "he will not be with the team for the foreseeable future".

If Mayhew had any sense left in his brain, he would pay him and make him a draft day trade. There is always a team out there with a WR need that doesn't get the guy they want and will pull that last minute trigger.

That is where we will get the most return on investment for TY.

But Mayhew is dumb so he will be waived i'm sure. Eventhough his cap number is so low we can easily absorb it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by det32 View Post
    sabotaging the O in a game is not a infarction?
    they suspended him for that...and then invited him back so since then no onfield action has happened nor any true altercations during practice. Being a punk is not suspendable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    They didn't release him (at least not yet).

They just stated that "he will not be with the team for the foreseeable future".

If Mayhew had any sense left in his brain, he would pay him and make him a draft day trade. There is always a team out there with a WR need that doesn't get the guy they want and will pull that last minute trigger.

That is where we will get the most return on investment for TY.

But Mayhew is dumb so he will be waived i'm sure. Eventhough his cap number is so low we can easily absorb it.

i truly hope they don't simply release him, i want something, ANYTHING in return! Someone will be interested in him.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 17 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    i truly hope they don't simply release him, i want something, ANYTHING in return! Someone will be interested in him.
    I hope they just leave him home for the year and keep him on the roster for the remainder of his contract, If he comes back in the offseason workouts with a new attitude, Let him play, If not send him home again, 2 more years of sitting on the couch will pretty much ruin his career, Not many players come back from 2 years off and are the same.. As someone else said we can easily absorb his contract, Only issue we would only have a 52 man roster for the next two years if he doesn't change his attitude.

I dont think we would get anything more that a 6th or 7th and if thats all we can get than just leave him home to play PS3 as the two teams he would rather be on http://pics.lockerz.com/s/248535859

He was trying to help the Texans win and he is playing as the Panthers on madden against the Texans, Wonder if he wants to go be SuperBoy in Carolina with "SuperMan"
    Last edited by C-Wick925; 12-04-2012 at 05:48 PM.

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    ChrisWesseling: Done, son. RT @ttwentyman: Lions have also placed WR Titus Young on injured reserve.

vCash
    Guess they'll hang onto him and deal him at the draft, if they can.

vCash
    I was under the impression that you couldnt IR players without an injury?

13 Rec - 247 Yards -2 TD

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast