Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Gasol and Bynum didn't work?? Those two together were terrifying.. You could be right about Millsap and Gasol being better together though. Gasol and Odom were the two that always seemed to kill the Jazz and I think Millsap would be similar to Odom in that pairing.

I actually think Gasol and Howard (or Al) would work better without a dominant wing player like Kobe. Right now I think they're trying to keep Howard happy so they can keep him around long term but I really think Gasol should be leading the team in touches. If we had Pau, we could dump the ball down to him or Al on every possession if we wanted to and we would get quality looks.. I like the idea of Pau breaking down the defense and then using his elite passing skills to find Al or Favors for an easy look. He is an elite player when he gets touches but with Dwight and Kobe dominating the touches, he is just wasting away.

vCash
    The Lakers went to 3 straight NBA Finals and won 2 of them. How is that not working out? The Lakers want Millsap not Jefferson. Can you imagine Jefferson and Howard trying to share touches in the paint, I just don't see it. If we get Pau for Millsap and change we still have too many bigs, then we have to trade Jefferson too. I could easily see a 3 team trade. I admit, the idea of Gasol and Favors could be the defensive solution we need.

vCash
    I can't see how trading Paul for Pau could possibly be a bad thing.. At the very worst, we trade either Al or Pau at some point which could net us more in a trade than Milly would. This would potentially slow the development of Kanter on the court but it can't be a bad thing to go against Pau and Al in practice every day. Pau's contract next year would be tough to swallow but it'd only be one year at that price and Favors' and Hayward's extentions don't kick in till the next year.
    Say we don't trade Paul or Al this year, is there any way they both come back next year?? I guess it's possible but I don't see it happening. That being the case, would you rather have Paul, Al or Pau next year and potentially for the next few years? I'd say Pau all day!

vCash
    I just don't get why anyone would want Gasol on the Jazz - for either Al or Milsap - The guy is SOFT - and a crybaby. Kobe's telling him to put his "big boy pants on" now - his confidence is shot. Getting Gasol would solve zero of our problems. Why trade a big for another big when we have too many bigs at it is? The thought of seeing Gasol in a Jazz uniform makes me very nervous. We need a PG or SF or high draft picks - not Gasol. I think the key is getting a third team involved for a high draft pick for us...

vCash
    It's gonna be really tough to get into the top 3-4 in this draft and I'm not even sure it is worth it. I'd like Shabazz but I haven't seen anyone else that I really love. Obviously it is early and I could certainly change my tune on that. Plus, we already have two picks in this draft that will probably both be in the 10-20 range, do we need another?

Ideally, we'd trade one of our bigs for a really good PG. WHO IS OUT THERE THAT IS ON THE BLOCK THOUGH?? This draft also looks to be very weak when it comes to top end point guards.
    I'd also like to trade one of them for a great wing player.. Again, who is out there? Danny Granger, Rudy Gay, Luol Deng?? All those teams have good big guys already.
    So, it looks like the most logical option would be to trade them for an upgrade at the PF/C positions. Favors isn't ready to be our #1 big guy and I don't think Paul or Al should be our #1 options (although Al has been good lately and could change my mind). Pau is better than both of them and I also think he fits our system better with his passing skills. Al has been good lately but I'm not sure I like this "left block" offense we've been running. A guy like Pau would be better for inside out offense in my opinion and that is what this roster is built for.
    So, my point is.. If we can't get an upgrade at PG, SG or SF, why wouldn't we upgrade PF and C?

On that train of thought, Al and Paul for Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, Dirk or Duncan would be a dream! If not one of them, I think Pau is next on the list.
    Last edited by jazzman86; 12-03-2012 at 06:20 PM.

vCash
    You guys are giving a convincing argument for Gasol. I think a change of scenery is exacly what Pau needs. Kobe has disrespects him way too much. He was awesome in the summer playing for Spain. He is a better passer and defender than Millsap or Jefferson. Those skills would compliment our current roster well. The Jazz improve a lot defensively. We are loosing games due to poor defense, not due to scoring problems.

vCash
    How about this??

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c3odduu
    On top of this, we'd probably have to throw one of our first rounders to Sacramento.

Why for us: We'd get Bledsoe and Tyreke while only losing Millsap and a pick.
    Bledsoe could be our PG of the future. He actually has the second highest PER of all the pgs in the league (only trailing CP3). He is a beast athletically and a great defender. Tyreke has a lot of the same attributes but not quite the shooting touch that I would like. What we do need though is a guy who can break down the defense and get to the hoop. He is just a couple years removed from averaging 20/5/5 and winning the ROY honors.

Mo, Bledsoe, Watson, Tins
    Foye, Tyreke, Burks
    Marvin, Hayward, Carroll
    Favors, Marvin, Evans
    Al, Kanter, Favors

We'd open up plenty of playing time for Kanter and Favors and we'd still have depth with Marvin and Evans able to play PF. Also, this does make Mo, Watson and Tins expendable in the offseason if we did want to make another big splash and bring on some contract (ie: Al for Gasol).

Why for LA?? They would certainly miss Bledsoe but they could easily replace him with CP3, Billups and Crawford all manning the point. They have obviously been disappointed with Odom and would be great with a guy like Millsap coming off the bench for them. Not sure if Millsap is worth Butler and Bledsoe for them but I like it for us a lot.

Why for Sac?? I imagine they have been shopping Tyreke for some time and their biggest position of need seems to be SF. Getting Butler and a first rounder for someone that they're probably not keeping around seems like a decent idea to me.

vCash
    ^^ isnt this a pau thread?

vCash
    I would take the original deal just because i tihnk pau is simply a great player. soft, maybe. but he knows how to play. he would be a great influence on our young players. Also, Derrick favors needs to be playing the 4 spot. That layup cp3 made at the end over milly wouldve been a blocked, changed, or missed shot. I would love pau. I think he would be the tallest player on our team.

vCash
    no way in hell would i support a move for pau.

ESPECIALLY at the price of milly.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...n_not/12357178

"According to Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News, the Lakers may be interested in trading Pau Gasol because he doesn't quite fit into the offensive system D'Antoni wants to run. D'Antoni reportedly wants to have a forward who can leave the post and shoot from outside more than Gasol does."

There are few starting caliber forwards in this league that can shoot from outside like Millsap can.

vCash
    Millsap has been dominated by opposing PFs lately.. If he doesn't stop that trend, we won't be able to trade him if we want to especially for a player of Gasol's caliber.

vCash
    The combination of Pau, Odom and Bynum worked when Bynum was playing smaller minutes. When the front court became just Bynum and Gasol (two centers), the demise of the Lakers began. It continues today with Gasol and Dwight trying to work.

People have to realize that at center, Gasol is incredible. When he was paired with the athletic Odom, the Lakers were damn near unbeatable. He's not the same player he was a few years ago, but some of that was forcing him to move to PF which is harder for a guy who is built to play center.

How does that apply to us? Well, I think that Favors and Millsap would compliment Gasol perfect. Even Evans could play off of Gasol well because Gasol is such a premiere passer and post up player. Just imagine the cuts and alley oops Gasol could throw to Favors and Evans.

If we wanted to find a player for Kanter to learn from, we'd have to choose Gasol. Gasol isn't athletic, but he has an amazing skill set for the athleticism he does have. He uses the above average strength he does have to be a great rebounder, good post up player and good finisher. His range and passing separates him from good players to make him a top 25-30 player. Jefferson has done some good things for Favors and Kanter, but Gasol could do even more (not to mention Jefferson could be gone this summer and Gasol would at least be here a couple years).

If we keep going on this .500 pace and the Lakers really look to move Gasol, we should use Jefferson to try to get Pau. It might have to be a 3 team deal, but Gasol could be the missing piece we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo Porto View Post
    The combination of Pau, Odom and Bynum worked when Bynum was playing smaller minutes. When the front court became just Bynum and Gasol (two centers), the demise of the Lakers began. It continues today with Gasol and Dwight trying to work.

People have to realize that at center, Gasol is incredible. When he was paired with the athletic Odom, the Lakers were damn near unbeatable. He's not the same player he was a few years ago, but some of that was forcing him to move to PF which is harder for a guy who is built to play center.

How does that apply to us? Well, I think that Favors and Millsap would compliment Gasol perfect. Even Evans could play off of Gasol well because Gasol is such a premiere passer and post up player. Just imagine the cuts and alley oops Gasol could throw to Favors and Evans.

If we wanted to find a player for Kanter to learn from, we'd have to choose Gasol. Gasol isn't athletic, but he has an amazing skill set for the athleticism he does have. He uses the above average strength he does have to be a great rebounder, good post up player and good finisher. His range and passing separates him from good players to make him a top 25-30 player. Jefferson has done some good things for Favors and Kanter, but Gasol could do even more (not to mention Jefferson could be gone this summer and Gasol would at least be here a couple years).

If we keep going on this .500 pace and the Lakers really look to move Gasol, we should use Jefferson to try to get Pau. It might have to be a 3 team deal, but Gasol could be the missing piece we need.
    there's no might it would have to be a 3 team deal jefferson and dwight wouldn't work at all in diantoni's system. Question is who needs jefferson but can give the lakers something that would interest them

vCash
    after looking at it for a bit the only team I could find was hornets that made any sense. we send jefferson to the hornets, the hornets send anderson to the lakers, and we get gasol. I am sure contracts would need to be added and some sweetner on our part, but if all three teams were willing it could happen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast