Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Jazz Fans - Would you take Gasol?

I'd love to see Millsap in purple & gold, lol. We'll give you 10 of our players.

vCash
    How about it?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cqdtng6

And a 2027 first rounder.

vCash
    Um............lets be polite here. No thank you, but your efforts are appreciated. Why is Marvin in there? That just makes no sense to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    Um............lets be polite here. No thank you, but your efforts are appreciated. Why is Marvin in there? That just makes no sense to me.
    Cap reasons.

vCash
    I would love pau on this team question is how he would fit

vCash
    Pau is 32, overpaid, and has questionable knees. His cap figure next season is beyond ridiculous. Even if we could look past all that, we hate the Lakers and would never want our beloved Millsap in those ugly colors. Plus we would never want to do anything to help them improve or buy another championship (thanks Orlando).

It would be great to see what Favors and Gasol could do together defensively. LA would have to sweeten the deal. In addition Laker fans have to be respectful at our arena, show a little class, not be obnoxious, and can't wear Kobe jerseys in town until he retires. We would also like a public apology from Fisher for all the flopping.

vCash
    I would be all for getting Gasol unless we had to give up Favors. I Don't think LA would have to sweeten the deal at all. Hopefully we can just buy out Duhon or just waive him.

Warriors come out and Ta-ank.

vCash
    I hate Pau Gasol.

vCash
    i can think of 30 other teams i'd rather see pube-face pau play for. utah ain't one of them.
    HAWKS 13 -- 14 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

vCash
    I would like to believe Utah has a no Laker policy after Fisher.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    i would take Gasol for Milsap and Jefferson. lets be real Jazz fans he is an All Star. Our guys aren't. plus it gives Favs and Kanter more min. to develop.

vCash
    I would trade half the Jazz team for MARC Gasol in a heart beat as long as we keep Favors and maybe Kanter lol

vCash
    Pau Gasol is a much better player than Al Jefferson. The only thing that Al has on Pau is age. I actually think that Gasol and Favors combine to make a perfect duo. They have defense, range, athleticism, passing, etc. between them.

Let's be clear - giving up Millsap AND Al for Gasol is giving up too much. I think Jefferson and a throw in for Gasol is a fair trade. LA gets a great big man to put with Dwight but more importantly, they get to shed Gasol's contract.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=brxrmgm
    Gasol for Jefferson and Tinsley

vCash
    The money is pretty close on this deal:
    Millsap, Watson and Bell for Gasol.
    According to the trade machine, the Jazz need to cut $1.2mil to make it work but I'm not willing to throw anyone else in there. Cash maybe?
    I think Gasol would kill it next to Al, Favors and Kanter! I just picture the over the top allyoop to Favors once or twice every game!

I actually think this really makes sense for both teams.
    For the Lakers, they bring Millsap in and could maybe afford to keep him next year at $8-10mil instead of Gasol's $20mil. That alone would save them $10mil in salary and up to $15-20mil more in luxury tax. Watson would really help as a defensive PG which they have needed for years. Bell could help with their depth and there have been rumors that the Lakers have wanted him recently.
    For the Jazz, they get a top 15-20 player and maybe the most skilled big man in the game. We know that the Jazz know how to use big men and it is obvious that he just wasn't fitting well with Dwight. Coming into the year with all the depth that we had, we can afford to do a 3 for 1 type of trade that brings in an all star. Lineups could be tough because Al, Pau, Favors and Kanter are all PF/C type players but I think all of them are better at C. Either way, Watson's production can be replaced by Tinsley, Bell isn't playing anyway and Pau is a huge upgrade over Paul. I'd say do it!

Mo, Tins, Burks
    Foye, Hayward, Burks
    Marvin, Carroll, Hayward
    Gasol, Favors, Evans
    Jefferson, Kanter

vCash
    Gasol and Bynum didn't work. Gasol and Howard hasn't worked. And remember that those two pairings had Kobe Bryant to work with and we don't have anybody on the perimeter that's anywhere near that quality. I highly doubt that Gasol and Jefferson would work.

Favors and Millsap compliment Gasol a lot better than Jefferson does. Kanter could be Gasol's backup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast