Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 5

vCash
    Bendo/Showtime 2 or Melendez if the UFC wants to grant him an automatic title shot upon signing him.

On that note if Pettis were to get it first I'd like to see Dana try and convince BJ to go back to 155 and face Melendez in his first fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_prodigy View Post
    Bendo/Showtime 2 or Melendez if the UFC wants to grant him an automatic title shot upon signing him.

On that note if Pettis were to get it first I'd like to see Dana try and convince BJ to go back to 155 and face Melendez in his first fight.
    dana said after the fight he wants to see bj retire! i think thats wrong i think he can still be a legit fighter at 155
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    It's a sad day watching the old school fighters hand over the reigns to the new guys. I still love it, but man it was fantastic when the likes of Fedor, Shogun, Wandy, Chuck, BJ, Hughes were in their prime.
    I find myself watching less and less as guys go out because I honestly dont care much for many of these younger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    That's cause is not that big, I think Rua is at 76 and Alex is at 76.5. The thing is Alex is so much taller that it seems way longer, but then again the way reach is measured has it's flaws...
    Yeah on the pre-fight they were making a big deal of his reach and I was thinking that isn't a big reach advantage at that weight class. Its actually pretty short when you consider his height. I'm 6'1 and my reach is 78. Many of the guys at 185 have 74-78 reach. Hell in that division Jon Jones has 84.

Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Speaking of new breed, isn't amazing how fighters like BJ, Shogun, Tito, Liddell, Hughes, Fedor etc have either faded or retire, but AS still is dominating?

That's one of the reasons I have him as the #1 fighter of all time. A fighter of his age shouldn't be dominating the way he has, he's just a treat to watch...
    Think about BJ, Shogun, Tito, Fedor etc. and how many battles they have been in over the years. You can probably find individual fights where they took more shots than Anderson has taken in his entire UFC career.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I also think A.S. is the #1 MMA fighter of all time but what "new breed" fighter has he fought?

If he fought Weidman, he'd probably be the first.
    That is a good point. The middleweight division hasn't had anywhere near the talent coming up as they have had at 155, 170 and 205.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    What are these "punches" that Nate is throwing. Is he even trying to hurt him?
    Have you never seen Nate Diaz fight?

There used to be a gif online of a cat pawing at a puppy and somebody photoshopped Nate Diaz onto the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    i cant believe it 0 for 3 tonight i bet on penn n shogun outta respect for their carrers gotta stop doing that lol but really thought nate wud tear em up
    When older fighters are underdogs against younger guys its very telling.... Vegas knows when guys are done and that the fans will bet with their loyalty to veteran fighters.

I could see betting on Shogun against Gustafsson because Shogun still has knockout power and Gustaffson had questions about his chin. But it was foolish for anybody to think that BJ had a chance against Rory MacDonald. BJ has always had cardio problems, he got outwrestled and outstruck by GSP and Rory MacDonald is just a taller, stronger, younger version of GSP.

I looked at the Rory MacDonald vs Nate Diaz fight because I think that BJ compares pretty well to Nate Diaz from a skill standpoint. Nate offered nothing in that fight and he is younger, with better cardio and more reach than BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Dominant performance... I really don't see anyone beating him. Maynard lacks the striking ability.

Maybe Aldo could beat him, but Aldo might be too small.
    I was thinking that as well. But then again it probably wouldn't be much different than against Frankie Edgar who is a natural FW.

Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    I'd like to see Gustavsson get a few more fights before fighting Jones, but when I happens it should be good.
    They said it was for the #1 contender. Besides look in that division they have nobody else for Jones to fight. He might get one more fight but I doubt it. The only other challenger in the wings is Glover.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Raiders View Post
    Benson is going to dominate for a long time. He should fight ***** GSP
    Cain Velasquez
    Lyoto Machida
    BJ Penn at 155
    Frankie Edgar
    Urijah Faber

Were all gonna dominate for a long time too....

There are too many good guys at 155 for him to dominate when he barely beat Frankie Edgar. You got Pettis, Melendez, Aldo when he moves up.

Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    dana said after the fight he wants to see bj retire! i think thats wrong i think he can still be a legit fighter at 155
    I think that was their plan all along making this fight. Sometimes I think that they make these kind of fights when guys don't want to retire. Kinda like when they had Chuck Liddell fight Shogun Rua.
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 12-09-2012 at 08:47 AM.

vCash
    I just want to say that first off I know he is just 23 years old..... But Rory MacDonald is a punk. He was toying with BJ Penn trying to embarrass him in the cage. He purposely prolonged that fight so that he could showboat and further embarrass BJ Penn. Real douchebag showing last night by Rory.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I just want to say that first off I know he is just 23 years old..... But Rory MacDonald is a punk. He was toying with BJ Penn trying to embarrass him in the cage. He purposely prolonged that fight so that he could showboat and further embarrass BJ Penn. Real douchebag showing last night by Rory.
    i think he could have finished it and he did look somewhat like a punk but i think he's a good guy who's just extremely focused and motivated. bj did call him out in the first place, and made him do the testing.

vCash
    I don't know. I think he just didn't want Penn to catch him, similar to the Condit fight. I haven't seen the Condit-MacDonald fight in a long time, but i'm pretty sure Rory had the first 2 rounds and got caught. He was showboating, but I do think it was the respect for Penn's ability for why he didn't try and finish.

I think Benson is my new favorite fight, though. Missed most of the card, only caught the last 3 fights. Gustafson didn't really impress me much and I really don't think he has any shot at Jones, but he does have those long legs which may help. Good card, though from what I saw.

vCash
    Rory has a strange outlook but I don't think he tried to prolong the fight. BJ isnt a guy that gets knocked out. Nick Diaz couldnt knock him out in 5 rounds. Rory knew BJ is always 1 punch away from turning that fight around. As far as the shuffle goes Rory says it helps him relax. I have seen Rory do it in practice. He said its not showboating. I look at it as showboating and I dislike showboating. With that said why is Rory a punk for showboating and the Diaz brothers and Anderson Silva are not? They showboat and taunt their opponents just as much or more.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Anyone else see Nate flip him off? Him and his brothers are the ultimate douchebags
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    did Nate flick him off int he exchange and thats why they went to like a brief commercial thing....for a second.
    I read on another board that an angel gets its wings every time the Diaz brothers lose. That made me laugh.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Rory has a strange outlook but I don't think he tried to prolong the fight. BJ isnt a guy that gets knocked out. Nick Diaz couldnt knock him out in 5 rounds. Rory knew BJ is always 1 punch away from turning that fight around. As far as the shuffle goes Rory says it helps him relax. I have seen Rory do it in practice. He said its not showboating. I look at it as showboating and I dislike showboating. With that said why is Rory a punk for showboating and the Diaz brothers and Anderson Silva are not? They showboat and taunt their opponents just as much or more.
    3 rounds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    3 rounds.
    You are right. My bad. I thought it was 5 because it was the main event and it seemed to last forever. I prefer 3 round fights. I like having more action crunched in to a shorter fight.

Going back to the showboating (which I do not like), BJ has talked trash (saying guys are on drugs, licking blood off his gloves, etc) and showboated in his career as well so its not something he is going to complain about.

vCash
    Would GSP ever fight Rory? If not that would be ridiculous because he is clearly the #2 fighter in the division unless Diaz pulls off the upset.

vCash
    Nate Diaz a top-3 fav fighter of mine got embarrassed last night. I dont think he game planned at all for that fight. He just thought Hendo was going to try and trade shots with him in the pocket or something. Nate is an extremely well rounded fighter but his clinch game is terrible and he is weak as fck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Nate Diaz a top-3 fav fighter of mine got embarrassed last night. I dont think he game planned at all for that fight. He just thought Hendo was going to try and trade shots with him in the pocket or something. Nate is an extremely well rounded fighter but his clinch game is terrible and he is weak as fck.
    LOL I have to wonder what Cesar Gracie is telling these guys sometimes.

Nate really looked like he had no idea what to do.

vCash
    Also, I find it shocking that Nate was actually able to tag Macdonald quite a few times in their fight and he couldn't even land a single flush punch on Bendo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Would GSP ever fight Rory? If not that would be ridiculous because he is clearly the #2 fighter in the division unless Diaz pulls off the upset.
    Rory said it would not happen last night in the post fight conference. Rory said GSP has done too much for him and that there are other guys for him to fight. He said he loves where he trains and he would not want any problems there. He also said GSP was his friend.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast