Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Bendo smashes Pettis via GNP, IMO.

The only reason Pettis even made that fight competitive is reportedly because Bendo wanted to show that he could stand with him.

This might be a relatively unknown name but I think Jamie Varner has the best chance to beat Bendo.

His wrestling neutralizes Bendo's and he's a gold glove boxer. In fact, he was beating Henderson when they fought in the WEC before he got caught in a guillotine.
    i think pettis wud have to win next month and prob fight edgar before hendo again! but id love seeing pettis henderson 2
    This thread right here is why i stay out of the nba main forum on psd lol
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...am-for-melo:D;)

vCash
    Not a huge UFC fan but I enjoyed the fights. That Henderson guy was a beast.

Boxing now, go Marquez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    i think pettis wud have to win next month and prob fight edgar before hendo again! but id love seeing pettis henderson 2
    Pettis couldn't deal with Guida's wrestling, I don't know what he has to offer against Bendo.

I think Pettis can beat Cerrone though and that might earn him the shot.

vCash
    Bendo smashes Pettis via GNP, IMO.

The only reason Pettis even made that fight competitive is reportedly because Bendo wanted to show that he could stand with him.

This might be a relatively unknown name but I think Jamie Varner has the best chance to beat Bendo.

His wrestling neutralizes Bendo's and he's a gold glove boxer. In fact, he was beating Henderson when they fought in the WEC before he got caught in a guillotine.
    Varner? Not this again. He got extremely lucky against Barboza and couldn't beat Lauzon who is the gatekeeper of the LW division (don't get me wrong, Lauzon is one of my faves, but facts are facts).

Lets see how he does vs Guillard first before we start saying he can get anywhere close a title shot.
    -----

vCash
    Pettis couldn't deal with Guida's wrestling, I don't know what he has to offer against Bendo.

I think Pettis can beat Cerrone though and that might earn him the shot.
    Pettis did more damage from the bottom that Guida did from the top, Pettis should've won that fight if the judges weren't so fixated on awarding rounds to whoever is on top.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Varner? Not this again. He got extremely lucky against Barboza and couldn't beat Lauzon who is the gatekeeper of the LW division (don't get me wrong, Lauzon is one of my faves, but facts are facts).

Lets see how he does vs Guillard first before we start saying he can get anywhere close a title shot.
    LOL beating someone to a pulp is getting lucky okay.

He fought Lauzon on short notice, clearly gassed, and still outstruck him.

And you have to admit he was beating Bendo prior to getting subbed. Varner is legit.
    Pettis did more damage from the bottom that Guida did from the top, Pettis should've won that fight if the judges weren't so fixated on awarding rounds to whoever is on top.
    I agree but you know that's not how they score it in the UFC.

vCash
    LOL beating someone to a pulp is getting lucky okay.

He fought Lauzon on short notice, clearly gassed, and still outstruck him.

And you have to admit he was beating Bendo prior to getting subbed. Varner is legit.

I agree but you know that's not how they score it in the UFC.
    The lucky part was that Barboza clearly showed no respect to Varner. Huge mistake in an MMA fight.

So he lost to Lauzon because it was short notice, but what about the Barboza fight? That was also a short notice fight. You can't have it both ways. You can't give him credit when he wins a fight, but make an excuse when he loses.

Varner is no better than a top 15-20 fighter. Stylistically, he can give problems to a lot of fighters, but he doesn't have the "it" factor to get him to the next level.
    -----

vCash
    The lucky part was that Barboza clearly showed no respect to Varner. Huge mistake in an MMA fight.

So he lost to Lauzon because it was short notice, but what about the Barboza fight? That was also a short notice fight. You can't have it both ways. You can't give him credit when he wins a fight, but make an excuse when he loses.

Varner is no better than a top 15-20 fighter. Stylistically, he can give problems to a lot of fighters, but he doesn't have the "it" factor to get him to the next level.
    Oh really. It's not like it was a flash knock out. You'd think that after the first time Barboza got tagged, he'd wise up.

I'm only making excuses because you're making even feebler excuses. It's not like Varner got punished for losing the fight either so clearly it seems like the UFC thought he was doing them a favor.

Trying to ascribe the "it" factor, whatever that is, on a purely arbitrary basis doesn't mean anything.

But if you're not convinced, then maybe the next fight will clear things up.

vCash
    Loved the fights!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Oh really. It's not like it was a flash knock out. You'd think that after the first time Barboza got tagged, he'd wise up.

I'm only making excuses because you're making even feebler excuses. It's not like Varner got punished for losing the fight either so clearly it seems like the UFC thought he was doing them a favor.

Trying to ascribe the "it" factor, whatever that is, on a purely arbitrary basis doesn't mean anything.

But if you're not convinced, then maybe the next fight will clear things up.
    That's what you said after the Barboza fight, you were high him on him (and from the looks of it, you still are) but look at the results. He lost his very next fight to a fighter who can't seem to get over the hump. Again, that's not to disrespect Lauzon, but he can't seem to rise to the challenge for some reason. It happen vs Florian, Sotiropoulos and Pettis.

I'm not making any excuses, Varner had NOTHING to lose in the Barboza fight, he was basically playing with house money. He caught a Barboza who had 0 respect for him. To say otherwise, it's silly. I guarantee Barboza was looking past Varner, if you don't agree that's fine. I'm not forcing you to agree with me. I'm just stating my opinion.

We'll just have to wait until the Guillard fight, because I think we can both agree if Varner loses to Guillard, then he's nothing more than a solid challenger, but not much more than that.
    -----

vCash
    That's what you said after the Barboza fight, you were high him on him (and from the looks of it, you still are) but look at the results. He lost his very next fight to a fighter who can't seem to get over the hump. Again, that's not to disrespect Lauzon, but he can't seem to rise to the challenge for some reason. It happen vs Florian, Sotiropoulos and Pettis.

I'm not making any excuses, Varner had NOTHING to lose in the Barboza fight, he was basically playing with house money. He caught a Barboza who had 0 respect for him. To say otherwise, it's silly. I guarantee Barboza was looking past Varner, if you don't agree that's fine. I'm not forcing you to agree with me. I'm just stating my opinion.

We'll just have to wait until the Guillard fight, because I think we can both agree if Varner loses to Guillard, then he's nothing more than a solid challenger, but not much more than that.
    And based on the fact that the UFC hooked up Varner with Guillard and not some run of the mill scrub, it seems to indicate that they knew he was taking one for the team and fighting while either out of shape or not ready.

Maybe Barboza was looking past Varner. Even if he was, Varner didn't knock him out in the first 30 seconds. He tagged Barboza at least once which should have woken him up. But again, this is all speculation from either viewpoint.

I agree. If he can't beat Guillard, then he has no business being considered one of the upper echelon fighters in the weight class.

vCash
    varner isnt a real challenge. barboza would beat him in a rematch, il sig bet you if it happens.

vCash
    Dana said itll likely be Pettis Benson ll if Pettis gets past Donald.

vCash
    Didn't get to watch it, but I'm glad to hear that Benson dominated Diaz.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    Benson is going to dominate for a long time. He should fight ***** GSP

"Killer Instinct"

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast