Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: UFC on FOX 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Also, I find it shocking that Nate was actually able to tag Macdonald quite a few times in their fight and he couldn't even land a single flush punch on Bendo.
    Benson's leg kicks, punches to Nate's legs and takedowns may have made Nate a bit more apprehensive than usual never mind Benson tagged Nate early on in the fight.

Nate's mind games were not working on Benson. Nate gave Benson the finger and then Nate got tagged. Nate dropped his hands, stuck out his "mean face" as a taunt and then got tagged and knocked on his butt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    The UFC needed a big name for Rory to fight on national tv. The want to hype him up so rather than match him with a top welterweight they decided to match him with a true lightweight in BJ. Plus beating a name like BJ helps the hype train. BJ looked like he had no interest in fighting...just doing the UFC a favor.
    I disagree that he was doing the UFC a favor. I think BJ is still just too lazy to make the cut to 155 consistently and thinks he can hang at 170 like he used to. Fighting these days is so much different than it was when he was champ at 170. Hughes was a big WW back then and he is only 5'9. Look at guys like Rory, Alves, Hendricks and Rumble Johnson when he could make the cut. BJ should be at 155 or 145. If he committed himself for one last run at the correct weight then he could make some noise.

Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Who is he to pick Condit in his hometown?
    He has every right to call him out honestly. It's not like Condit is out of his league and Condit now needs a fight. This actually makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ROY 2 MVP Braun View Post
    condit will put another beating on rory!!!! cant wait for that
    Did you watch that fight? You can make a pretty strong case that Rory would have won if that last 7 seconds had expired.

Quote Originally Posted by Benaforce View Post
    It's a sad day watching the old school fighters hand over the reigns to the new guys. I still love it, but man it was fantastic when the likes of Fedor, Shogun, Wandy, Chuck, BJ, Hughes were in their prime. The overall competition is much better these days however.
    This.

Overall I was glad to see Henderson put in a great performance. He is one of my favorites but I was very underwhelmed by his fights with Edgar. I was so disappointed by those that I was kind of pulling for Nate just because his last fights were so impressive. Henderson showed that he deserves to be the champion. Hopefully he can get Pettis next if he beats Cerrone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Kill: Graham Harrell- he's the worst thing I've ever seen... God awful. When you're watching a game thinking "why are they letting a high school cancer patient play a preseason game for make a wish foundation, he could get hurt." Then realize he's a professional, he deserves to die.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    Don't talk about proper writing if you're going to use Ellipsis like an *** clown.

vCash
    I thought it was a great card. Rory vs Condit 2 wold be awesome but Rory doesnt have any leverage to be asking for the fight in his hometown. I would like to know however, how many times Mike Goldberg said "Passing of the guard" between the bj and shogun fights?

vCash
    I really like having these cards on FOX instead of cable or PPV. I hope this type of stuff doesn't cause any problems being on free network TV.

During Benson Henderson's win over Nate Diaz at UFC on Fox 5, the Fox broadcast repeatedly cut away to a shot of the empty octagon. Was it a technical difficulty? Did someone on Fox's broadcast truck hit the wrong button?

No. Diaz threw up the middle finger at his opponent, and the network cut away instead of risking a fine from the Federal Communications Commission.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...1051--mma.html

vCash
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Also, I find it shocking that Nate was actually able to tag Macdonald quite a few times in their fight and he couldn't even land a single flush punch on Bendo.
    LOL I have to wonder what Cesar Gracie is telling these guys sometimes.

Nate really looked like he had no idea what to do.
    He is saying that he got punched in the eye in the 1st round and couldn't see the rest of the fight.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/news/201...965/nate-diaz/

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    You are right. My bad. I thought it was 5 because it was the main event and it seemed to last forever. I prefer 3 round fights. I like having more action crunched in to a shorter fight.

Going back to the showboating (which I do not like), BJ has talked trash (saying guys are on drugs, licking blood off his gloves, etc) and showboated in his career as well so its not something he is going to complain about.
    Hyping/Talking up a fight and celebrating after are much different than during a fight. Especially when your opponent is clearly finished....

Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Rory has a strange outlook but I don't think he tried to prolong the fight. BJ isnt a guy that gets knocked out. Nick Diaz couldnt knock him out in 5 rounds. Rory knew BJ is always 1 punch away from turning that fight around. As far as the shuffle goes Rory says it helps him relax. I have seen Rory do it in practice. He said its not showboating. I look at it as showboating and I dislike showboating. With that said why is Rory a punk for showboating and the Diaz brothers and Anderson Silva are not? They showboat and taunt their opponents just as much or more.
    I call the Diaz brothers out for it every single time. And it pisses me off when Anderson does it as well. But at the same time I can't remember Anderson unloading on his opponent against the cage to the point of where they can barely stand and then back up and play air guitar. He always done it to try and get his opponent to engage.

Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    I don't know. I think he just didn't want Penn to catch him, similar to the Condit fight. I haven't seen the Condit-MacDonald fight in a long time, but i'm pretty sure Rory had the first 2 rounds and got caught. He was showboating, but I do think it was the respect for Penn's ability for why he didn't try and finish.

I think Benson is my new favorite fight, though. Missed most of the card, only caught the last 3 fights. Gustafson didn't really impress me much and I really don't think he has any shot at Jones, but he does have those long legs which may help. Good card, though from what I saw.
    Please BJ Penn was done.... At one point he sat against the fence holding his ribs getting punched for a good 30 seconds it was almost stopped standing up at least 3 times. Go back and count how many times the ref had to tell BJ to defend himself.

I also don't like him calling out Condit and pretty much saying 'my place, my time, my backyard, again' .... If he is so damn good why does he need a rematch in his hometown again. He is the one with something to prove.

I will also try to find the link for it but earlier today one of the articles said that after the fight that Rory's camp was still taunting and yelling stuff at BJ and his camp after the fight.

I'm just disappointed that somebody who respects and trains with GSP so much has come across to me as a total douche.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisLovechild View Post
    I disagree that he was doing the UFC a favor. I think BJ is still just too lazy to make the cut to 155 consistently and thinks he can hang at 170 like he used to. Fighting these days is so much different than it was when he was champ at 170. Hughes was a big WW back then and he is only 5'9. Look at guys like Rory, Alves, Hendricks and Rumble Johnson when he could make the cut. BJ should be at 155 or 145. If he committed himself for one last run at the correct weight then he could make some noise.

He has every right to call him out honestly. It's not like Condit is out of his league and Condit now needs a fight. This actually makes perfect sense.

Did you watch that fight? You can make a pretty strong case that Rory would have won if that last 7 seconds had expired.

This.

Overall I was glad to see Henderson put in a great performance. He is one of my favorites but I was very underwhelmed by his fights with Edgar. I was so disappointed by those that I was kind of pulling for Nate just because his last fights were so impressive. Henderson showed that he deserves to be the champion. Hopefully he can get Pettis next if he beats Cerrone.
    Love seeing people repost my stuff as sigs, but you do know it was a joke right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I just want to say that first off I know he is just 23 years old..... But Rory MacDonald is a punk. He was toying with BJ Penn trying to embarrass him in the cage. He purposely prolonged that fight so that he could showboat and further embarrass BJ Penn. Real douchebag showing last night by Rory.
    Couldn't agree more. I'm not a fan of this kid. He thinks he's hot ****... In reality, he just beat a guy who doesn't know how to win anymore. If this was 5 years ago I'd be impressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I'm not a fan of this kid. He thinks he's hot ****... In reality, he just beat a guy who doesn't know how to win anymore. If this was 5 years ago I'd be impressed.
    Rory has yet to face one wrestler. How he managed to do that while fighting in the welterweight division I don't know.

If he can beat an Ellenberger or Hendricks, then I'll be impressed. Because those are guys that he most likely can't take down and will put him to sleep with one shot.

vCash
    Rory has yet to face one wrestler. How he managed to do that while fighting in the welterweight division I don't know.

If he can beat an Ellenberger or Hendricks, then I'll be impressed. Because those are guys that he most likely can't take down and will put him to sleep with one shot.
    I'd love to see Rory fight Kampman, but I'll take either Jake or Hendricks.

Love how Gustafsson says he won't wait for a Bones fight and he'd love to step in for Hendo and fight Machida.

vCash

i'd like to see hendricks vs condit and macdonald vs ellenberger.

vCash

Yeah, if he beat Hendricks I'd be VERY impressed. But I assume Hendricks is currently first in line for GSP, right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKohn View Post
    I'd love to see Rory fight Kampman, but I'll take either Jake or Hendricks.

Love how Gustafsson says he won't wait for a Bones fight and he'd love to step in for Hendo and fight Machida.
    He isn't ready anyways.

vCash
    It would be the same as Kobe Bryant going out tomorrow and challenging Michael Jordan to a one-on-one game of basketball and then showboating and bragging about beating a legend afterwards. When in reality all he beat was the name and not the actual man that dominated the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    It would be the same as Kobe Bryant going out tomorrow and challenging Michael Jordan to a one-on-one game of basketball and then showboating and bragging about beating a legend afterwards. When in reality all he beat was the name and not the actual man that dominated the league.
    Exactly. And it's something that ufc has done for a long time that has annoyed me. They feed these legends that, at this point in their career, are only names - and when the younger guy wins, they make it a big deal. Rory dominating BJ is cool in name, but it's like everyone that was able to dominate Chuck at the end of his run.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast