Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Boise State?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,792
    vCash
    6000

    Boise State?

    Has Bouse joined the big east for football or are they still in the Mountain West?


    #KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,966
    vCash
    1500
    They're suppose to join next season but they're having second thoughts along with SDSU.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know. I think adding Tulane has sold Boise on the Big East.


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,498
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I don't know. I think adding Tulane has sold Boise on the Big East.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, Boise State wants to get back into the Mountain West. Apparently BYU is considering going back as well.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,966
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Yeah, Boise State wants to get back into the Mountain West. Apparently BYU is considering going back as well.
    Out of curiosity, how would you feel if the Pac-12 added Boise State and BYU as football only schools?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,498
    vCash
    500
    If they get San Diego State and Boise State to stay and add BYU then that conference should take the Big East's AQ status IMO....

    Boise State
    BYU
    Nevada
    Hawaii
    Fresno State
    San Diego State
    Air Force
    Wyoming
    Colorado State
    UNLV
    New Mexico

    Especially if they could snag one more school like LA Tech or SMU into the conference.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    9,351
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Out of curiosity, how would you feel if the Pac-12 added Boise State and BYU as football only schools?
    I do this in NCAA when making super conferences


    Cameron Jordan is awesome

    12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Out of curiosity, how would you feel if the Pac-12 added Boise State and BYU as football only schools?
    I'm not terribly interested in either, but there aren't really any legitimate options other than these schools. I can guarantee that the Pac-12 will not go in this direction for a few reasons. BYU won't get in because of their Mormon ties, and that's due to left-wing school presidents never allowing this type of college to be in the Pac-12.

    As for Boise State, they aren't a good enough academic university to warrant serious consideration. It has something to do with being a research university, and Boise State isn't one. Boise State is not that well-rounded of an athletic department, and they don't present a big television market either. You also can't guarantee that Boise State will remain legitimate in football so it would be a risk to take them just because they are good right now. The Pac-12's problem is that the Big-12 has stabilized, and that remains the only potential expansion avenue. Maybe things will change, but at this moment I do not expect anymore expansion from the Pac-12.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,498
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I'm not terribly interested in either, but there aren't really any legitimate options other than these schools. I can guarantee that the Pac-12 will not go in this direction for a few reasons. BYU won't get in because of their Mormon ties, and that's due to left-wing school presidents never allowing this type of college to be in the Pac-12.

    As for Boise State, they aren't a good enough academic university to warrant serious consideration. It has something to do with being a research university, and Boise State isn't one. Boise State is not that well-rounded of an athletic department, and they don't present a big television market either. You also can't guarantee that Boise State will remain legitimate in football so it would be a risk to take them just because they are good right now. The Pac-12's problem is that the Big-12 has stabilized, and that remains the only potential expansion avenue. Maybe things will change, but at this moment I do not expect anymore expansion from the Pac-12.
    I don't think that has any bearing at this point. The Big East and ACC were talking about that in the past and now they are taking schools worse academically than the ones in question in the past.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I don't think that has any bearing at this point. The Big East and ACC were talking about that in the past and now they are taking schools worse academically than the ones in question in the past.
    Trust me, the Pac-12 presidents care about academics enough to squash Boise State from coming into the Pac-12. The Pac-12 isn't fighting to solidify their conference, so the presidents are going to be strict in their requirements. Plus, Boise State doesn't present a big enough market to make it a moot point..
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alcoa, Tn
    Posts
    916
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    I do this in NCAA when making super conferences
    I stick them both in the Big 12 just so I they can have a championship game.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,498
    vCash
    500
    Multiple sources are now saying that Boise State is not gonna be leaving the Mountain West for the Big East. I don't think that is a surprise to anybody.

    Once again, a report of Boise’s supposed trepidation has surfaced from Sports Illustrated‘s Pete Thamel. Citing three sources, Thamel says Boise’s departure from the Big East — without ever playing a down in the conference — is “inevitable.”
    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...broncos-value/

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,498
    vCash
    500
    Its official that Boise State is staying in the Mountain West but will still have to pay the $5 million exit fee to the Big East. The Mountain West is expected to pick up the bulk of that bill.

    This is a huge blow to the Big East because now sources are saying that San Diego State, Houston and Navy are all considering backing out of their deals because the backing out of Boise State means those teams no longer have to pay the buyout.

    http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...taying-in-mwc/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    23,966
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah it makes no sense for San Diego State to stay now. Major lulz to the Big East.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •