Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Was Colorado coach Jon Embree fired because of race?

Apparently some people believe that Jon Embree was fired from Colorado after only one season because of his race and that a white coach would have been given 3-4 years in the same situation.

Colorado went 1-11 under Jon Embree

Colorado State Lost 22-17
    Sacramento State Lost 30-28
    Fresno State Lost 69-14
    Washington State Won 35-34
    UCLA Lost 42-14
    Arizona State Lost 51-17
    USC Lost 50-6
    Oregon Lost 70-14
    Stanford Lost 48-0
    Arizona Lost 56-31
    Washington Lost 38-3
    Utah Lost 42-35

So as you can see above its not just that they went 1-11 but that they got blown out in nearly every game. They had losses of 45, 28, 34, 44, 56, 48, 25 and 35. That is 8 games of losing by +25 points.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ees-dismissal/

vCash
    Any coach that goes 1-11 is likely going to be fired....race has nothing to do with it!

vCash
    I really don't think so. I know this has blown up nationally, but the overwhelming sentiment here is not. This just wrapped up his second year though.

vCash
    Who cares???

vCash
    His point about mediocre Black coaches not getting recycled like mediocre White coaches is very true. I mean, what exactly did Gene Chizik do to deserve the Auburn job? I won't use Derek Dooley as an example because of my unabashed Dooley Bias.

vCash
    He was fired for being worst coach in history. They lost to FCS. They got blown out every game. No coach can survive that. If Saban or Miles did that they would be banned from ever stepping foot on campus again.

vCash
    I do think it rather pathetic that out of all the black coaches in history, only 1 has been rehired after getting previously fired though. I believe it's over 40 too.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    His point about mediocre Black coaches not getting recycled like mediocre White coaches is very true. I mean, what exactly did Gene Chizik do to deserve the Auburn job? I won't use Derek Dooley as an example because of my unabashed Dooley Bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    I do think it rather pathetic that out of all the black coaches in history, only 1 has been rehired after getting previously fired though. I believe it's over 40 too.
    This

But he got fired because his team was absolutely horrible and won't get hired again because he was absolutely horrible.

vCash
    I find it laughable that people think Colorado fired Embree due to race. Bill McCartney is a Colorado legend, but he's just sticking up for his former player without really analyzing the situation. You can struggle in year one and get a pass, but when the team doesn't take a step forward in any way in year two, then it probably is best to cut your losses. Colorado used to be a great football program, but man have they fallen apart.

I heard that they may go after Mark Mangino, and I really think that may be a great move. Mangino is a tough head coach who got a raw deal at Kansas, and I think he could instill some toughness and stability in Colorado.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    This is idiotic. Maybe Jon Embree should stop being a ****** HC, and he might keep a HC job for more than two years.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    Who should have gotten re-hired that didn't? The one I can think of that got re-hired as a HC was Tyrone Willingham, and it's not like that went over very well for Washington.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    If a coach does bad at one school why on earth would he be hired at another? Doesn't happen to most anyone.

The only coaches that do get hired are ones that go to hire profile places and don't live up to what the school wants. 99% of these guys are going to much lesser programs and not cutting it.
    Last edited by Wrench; 12-01-2012 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    He was fired for being worst coach in history. They lost to FCS. They got blown out every game. No coach can survive that. If Saban or Miles did that they would be banned from ever stepping foot on campus again.
    Nope. They'd be taken out back and shot like Old Yeller

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Gene Chizik.... He went 3-9 and got fired just 2 seasons after winning a national championship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast