Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Notre Dame V. Alabama BSC National title game.

So everything is now set in stone. A great match up although as a Notre Dame supporter I would love to see manti te'o win this for himself, family, and team.
    NYG SB CHAMPS

JFT96

vCash
    Can't wait

vCash
    should be a great game

As an Alabama fan, I hope it's a boring blowout in our favor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRanch View Post
    should be a great game

As an Alabama fan, I hope it's a boring blowout in our favor.
    Agreed. I don't need another stresser like today's game.

vCash
    Can't see Alabama losing this to be honest. I just think that its a bad matchup for Notre Dame from a personel standpoint.

Alabama top 4 games this year

Michigan - They won this game 41-14. They had 199 yards passing and 232 yards rushing. In comparison Michigan had 200 yards passing and 69 yards rushing on 29 carries.

LSU - They won this game 21-17. They had 165 yards passing and 166 yards rushing. In comparison LSU had 296 yards passing and 139 yards rushing on 49 attempts. They had 57 yards on 3 carries and 82 yards on the other 46 carries....

Texas A&M - The only game that Alabama lost going down 29-24. Alabama had 309 yards passing and 122 yards rushing. Texas A&M had 253 yards passing and 165 yards rushing. Johnny Manziel done the damage getting 92 of those yards scrambling. All the same Alabama outgained the #2 ranked offense in the country.

Georgia - Alabama won 32-28. They had 162 yards passing and 350 yards rushing. Georgia had 281 yards passing and 113 yards rushing.

The other 8 games Alabama outscored their opponents 382-51.

So as you can see above the only 3 teams that put up a fight each had almost 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing.

LSU is the only team in the last 3 years to hold Alabama to less than 21 points or 300 yards of offense.

If Notre Dame thinks that they can go into this game and have 150 yards passing and win like they did against Oklahoma, Stanford and Michigan it isn't gonna happen....
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 12-01-2012 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    Alabama will win as long as Nick Saban doesn't try to get cute. LSU is the only team that can stop Bama in the run game. When Nick calls too many passes, that's when things go wrong. Use that huge offensive line to abuse Notre Dame's defense and they'll fall apart. They might be one of the best run defenses in college football, but they haven't played ANYTHING like an SEC power run team they'll see in Alabama

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Can't see Alabama losing this to be honest. I just think that its a bad matchup for Notre Dame from a personel standpoint.

Alabama top 4 games this year

Michigan - They won this game 41-14. They had 199 yards passing and 232 yards rushing. In comparison Michigan had 200 yards passing and 69 yards rushing on 29 carries.

LSU - They won this game 21-17. They had 165 yards passing and 166 yards rushing. In comparison LSU had 296 yards passing and 139 yards rushing on 49 attempts. They had 57 yards on 3 carries and 82 yards on the other 46 carries....

Texas A&M - The only game that Alabama lost going down 29-24. Alabama had 309 yards passing and 122 yards rushing. Texas A&M had 253 yards passing and 165 yards rushing. Johnny Manziel done the damage getting 92 of those yards scrambling. All the same Alabama outgained the #2 ranked offense in the country.

Georgia - Alabama won 32-28. They had 162 yards passing and 350 yards rushing. Georgia had 281 yards passing and 113 yards rushing.

The other 8 games Alabama outscored their opponents 382-51.

So as you can see above the only 3 teams that put up a fight each had almost 300 yards passing and 100 yards rushing.

LSU is the only team in the last 3 years to hold Alabama to less than 21 points or 300 yards of offense.

If Notre Dame thinks that they can go into this game and have 150 yards passing and win like they did against Oklahoma, Stanford and Michigan it isn't gonna happen....
    I think the best comparison is the LSU game where Bama had pretty low numbers overall on offense. No way they run the ball at will like they did today against UGA. If they can beat the ND secondary consistently then it won't be close but I think their D will hang in there. It definitely won't be a game where either teams offense can afford to turn the ball over.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    I think the best comparison is the LSU game where Bama had pretty low numbers overall on offense. No way they run the ball at will like they did today against UGA. If they can beat the ND secondary consistently then it won't be close but I think their D will hang in there. It definitely won't be a game where either teams offense can afford to turn the ball over.
    Well they both played Michigan

Alabama put up 41
    Notre Dame put up 13

Alabama had 232 yards rushing
    Notre Dame had 239 total yards

vCash
    Man what a game today, have to give mad creds to Georgia for playing so hard. Either of the two today could beat ND, its a shame there has to be a loser.

FEAR EL OSO BLANCO

vCash
    I don't see how people can think this game will be a blow out in favor of Alabama. Notre Dame has the 2nd best overall defense in points allowed 2nd only to Alabama.
    Notre Dame 10.3 compared to Alabama 9.3
    Notre Dame has only given up more than 17 points once, and that was 20 in regulation.
    2 great defenses, you would imagine it will be a low scoring game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't see how people can think this game will be a blow out in favor of Alabama. Notre Dame has the 2nd best overall defense in points allowed 2nd only to Alabama.
    Notre Dame 10.3 compared to Alabama 9.3
    Notre Dame has only given up more than 17 points once, and that was 20 in regulation.
    2 great defenses, you would imagine it will be a low scoring game.
    Against the four best teams Alabama played all year (8-4, 10-2, 10-2, 11-2), they gave up 14, 17, 29, and 28 points.

Against the four best teams Notre Dame played all year (8-4, 11-2, 10-2, 7-5), they allowed 6, 13, 13, and 13 points.

Those two defenses are quite comparable. I'll get crap for it, but Notre Dame's is better IMO. Alabama's secondary has been very shaky at crucial instances all season and they don't have anywhere near the kind of firepower in their front seven that they've had in years past.

The difference in the game would more likely be on offense. Alabama's offense is just much better than ND's from what I've seen.

vCash
    Great match up, but I do not see bama dominating ND's defense. Low scoring game but I see the SEC getting knocked off there high horse.
    NYG SB CHAMPS

JFT96

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RevHokALugie View Post
    Man what a game today, have to give mad creds to Georgia for playing so hard. Either of the two today could beat ND, its a shame there has to be a loser.
    You are having a laugh right ?
    NYG SB CHAMPS

JFT96

vCash
    Alabama wins 38-17

vCash
    I'm thinking something like 27-10 Bama

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast