Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

It is REX's fault not MrT. REX should coach and let someone else chose the players.

I am listening to Vinny Cerrato (former GM of the Redskins), and Mel Kiper jr on the Dave Rothenberg Show and it is a revelation, and it makes so much sense.

REX has been the guy with the final say on who gets drafted! MrT has input, and Terry Bradway has input, but it is REX that choses who gets drafted.

With REX's bigger than life personality and ego, is there anyone else that could chose over him.

REX has shown that he can coach a good team - he just hasn't can't evaluate talent. He coached a talented Jets team to the AFC Championship that was built by Eric Mangini, but since he's taken over, our talent level has plummeted. After 4 draft classes (2009 to 2012) we have maybe 1 pro bowler - Muhammed Wilkerson, and a serviceable slot receiver in Kerley.
    2009 - Sanchez, Greene and Slauson - Slauson might be the best of them - ouch!
    2010 - Kyle Wilson - a #3 CB for a 1st rounder? Vlad Ducasse O-line coach, "Guges" said today that rotating Ducasse in is being forced upon him. Joe McKnight - versatility, but that's about it. John Conner - terminated!
    2011 - Muhammed Wilkerson - a good pick. Kenrick Ellis - backup at best, if he ever gets cleared to play. Bilal Powell - average at best. Jeremy Kerley - good pick. Greg McElroy - there is a reason he doesn't suit up, although he might this week because of Tebow's ribs, but still - nothing - there is a reason why he doesn't suit up.
    2012 - Q. Coples - I just heard the most disappointing thing - he doesn't even like to play football - hates practice. Unless someone can give him what my brother-in-law calls, "A come to Jesus moment," he will never amount to anything, and the fact that a 1st round defensive pick isn't starting tells the story. Stephen Hill - he should become a good receiver, but we needed someone that could contribute, positively, right away. Demario Davis - he will become the best player from this draft. Josh Bush may develop into a solid special teams player - and maybe even get good enough to start at FS. Ganaway and Griffin are gone! Antonio Allen - practice squad - we'll see. Jordan White - back on the practice squad because we're so bad at WR. Oh yeah, there's Tim Tebow - subtraction by subtraction.

REX needs to just coach. MrT may scour the waiver wire, but it was REX that was calling Babin's people. MrT needs to step back to just being a cap guru - he NEVER was a talent evaluator. His part in player personnel is CONTRACTS. Currently Terry Bradway is the head of the college scouting department, but he was canned as Jets GM in 2006 - SO - the Jets need a true football team building GM! Vinny Cerrato wouldn't be a bad choice, and Bill Polian would be a good choice, or SOMEBODY that can do what Jerry Reese can do!

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    One of the reasons I want us to hire Eric Mangini for a front office position. The man may have been a poor head coach but he knew how to find talent. People will, undoubtedly, bring up Gholston but remember he was a consensus top 5-10 talent in the draft.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    try to spin it how you want but tannebaum is ultimately to blame-he has to sack up and tell rex no and draft players but the guy knows he is not a football mind so he defers

blame goes 90% tannebaum, 10% rex while rex hasnt been great at drafting tannebuam should never have let those decisions be made by rex or what is tannebaum getting paid for

vCash
    has this been corroborated by anyone anywhere? because basically every single jets source refutes this theory and claims tanny, bradway and the scouting dept make the picks (save for the one pick rex gets every year)...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I also read from coples mouth himself that he loves the game of football and loves what he does.. I wonder where that came from that he hates football and pratice
    NY JETS .we just can't win the games we need to win
    NY Yankees
    NY Knicks
    LETS BALL!!!

2013 NFL PSD MOCK DRAFT:
    1ST RD PICK 9: KEKE MINGO OLB
    2nd rd pick: Giovanni Bernard rb
    3rd rd pick: Zac dysert Qb
    4th rd pick: xavier nixon Og
    5th rd pick: D.C jefferson Te
    6th rd pick: Sio Moore Lb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I am listening to Vinny Cerrato (former GM of the Redskins), and Mel Kiper jr on the Dave Rothenberg Show and it is a revelation, and it makes so much sense.
    REX has been the guy with the final say on who gets drafted! MrT has input, and Terry Bradway has input, but it is REX that choses who gets drafted.

With REX's bigger than life personality and ego, is there anyone else that could chose over him.

REX has shown that he can coach a good team - he just hasn't can't evaluate talent. He coached a talented Jets team to the AFC Championship that was built by Eric Mangini, but since he's taken over, our talent level has plummeted. After 4 draft classes (2009 to 2012) we have maybe 1 pro bowler - Muhammed Wilkerson, and a serviceable slot receiver in Kerley.
    2010 - Kyle Wilson - a #3 CB for a 1st rounder? Vlad Ducasse O-line coach, "Guges" said today that rotating Ducasse in is being forced upon him. Joe McKnight - versatility, but that's about it. John Conner - terminated!
    2011 - Muhammed Wilkerson - a good pick. Kenrick Ellis - backup at best, if he ever gets cleared to play. Bilal Powell - average at best. Jeremy Kerley - good pick. Greg McElroy - there is a reason he doesn't suit up, although he might this week because of Tebow's ribs, but still - nothing - there is a reason why he doesn't suit up.
    2012 - Q. Coples - I just heard the most disappointing thing - he doesn't even like to play football - hates practice. Unless someone can give him what my brother-in-law calls, "A come to Jesus moment," he will never amount to anything, and the fact that a 1st round defensive pick isn't starting tells the story. Stephen Hill - he should become a good receiver, but we needed someone that could contribute, positively, right away. Demario Davis - he will become the best player from this draft. Josh Bush may develop into a solid special teams player - and maybe even get good enough to start at FS. Ganaway and Griffin are gone! Antonio Allen - practice squad - we'll see. Jordan White - back on the practice squad because we're so bad at WR. Oh yeah, there's Tim Tebow - subtraction by subtraction.

REX needs to just coach. MrT may scour the waiver wire, but it was REX that was calling Babin's people. MrT needs to step back to just being a cap guru - he NEVER was a talent evaluator. His part in player personnel is CONTRACTS. Currently Terry Bradway is the head of the college scouting department, but he was canned as Jets GM in 2006 - SO - the Jets need a true football team building GM! Vinny Cerrato wouldn't be a bad choice, and Bill Polian would be a good choice, or SOMEBODY that can do what Jerry Reese can do!

GO JETS!!!
    Am I the only one who finds it interesting that these "revelations" are coming from a former GM who might just be posturing in order to position himself for a job?

He can claim that Rex makes the decisions, thus making Tanny appear too weak to be a GM. Tanny's job might be in jeopardy because there is less talent on the team in 2012 than there was in 2010, but this theory about Rex calling the shots is just speculation, and I'm not a fan of lobbying for a job that is currently occupied.

Don't believe everything you hear. After all, wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago that Woody said he isn't interested in headlines? Did you believe that? Did anyone? Let me rephrase that question...did more than 1 person believe him?

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    I want Marc Ross as the next GM of the Jets. He's the current director of college scouting for the Giants. He's a young guy who's a hot name in the industry at the moment. He has a scouting background which is always a plus and is one of the main forces behind the Giants' strong drafts since 2007.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post

GO JETS!!!
    All i know is rex since hes been here we have been to afc playoffs twice. our d we lost revis/holmes among others, sanchez has no time to throw and we get no pressure on the QB, when mark has time to throw he can throw but ehe needs more time and as for D rex did wonders for us when he helped turn revis into a studd etc, i love wilkerson and believe hill and davis will be nice, we imo need to get younger and faster/stronger to fit rex's scheme's on D cause you give the dad across the street as much time as we give and he would kill us we dont have the talent around we just have a select few players here and there

KnicksR4Real
    ^^^^^Props to my man for this sick SIG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BelieveTheDream View Post
    All i know is rex since hes been here we have been to afc playoffs twice. our d we lost revis/holmes among others, sanchez has no time to throw and we get no pressure on the QB, when mark has time to throw he can throw but ehe needs more time and as for D rex did wonders for us when he helped turn revis into a studd etc, i love wilkerson and believe hill and davis will be nice, we imo need to get younger and faster/stronger to fit rex's scheme's on D cause you give the dad across the street as much time as we give and he would kill us we dont have the talent around we just have a select few players here and there
    Its the coaches' job to develop the talent.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Wilson is a #3 CB because he has the best player in football as the #1 CB and possibly a top 10 CB in Cromartie in front of him.

I like Wilson and have no problem with the pick. Sure he makes his mistakes but he is young, came out of a weak college division, and was drafted at the bottom of the first round so it wasn't like he was considered an elite shut down corner coming out of the draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    One of the reasons I want us to hire Eric Mangini for a front office position. The man may have been a poor head coach but he knew how to find talent. People will, undoubtedly, bring up Gholston but remember he was a consensus top 5-10 talent in the draft.
    Actually, he wasnt a bad head coach at all bud. The only reason he got ousted is because after starting 8-3 they slid when Farvre hurt his arm and lost the last game to Miami - meaning no playoffs.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Wilson is a #3 CB because he has the best player in football as the #1 CB and possibly a top 10 CB in Cromartie in front of him.

I like Wilson and have no problem with the pick. Sure he makes his mistakes but he is young, came out of a weak college division, and was drafted at the bottom of the first round so it wasn't like he was considered an elite shut down corner coming out of the draft
    But was that the best choice the Jets could have made? Did the Jets need another CB?

could the Jets possibly have needed a big strong pass catching/blocking TE to help a struggling Sanchez ? Gronkowski was available.

Could the Jets have used an all around beast LB who could do it all? Washington was available.

My problem is they did not need another CB. Most teams dont even have 1 lock down CB yet they win SB's . Jets needed 3?

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Actually, he wasnt a bad head coach at all bud. The only reason he got ousted is because after starting 8-3 they slid when Farvre hurt his arm and lost the last game to Miami - meaning no playoffs.
    I don't think Eric Mangini was that good of a head coach. His strict and military style of coaching wasn't the right fit for NFL veterans (remember the Pete Kendall incident?), IMO. I think he'd make an exceptional college coach. He's also a really strong talent evaluator, IMO.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    I don't think Eric Mangini was that good of a head coach. His strict and military style of coaching wasn't the right fit for NFL veterans (remember the Pete Kendall incident?), IMO. I think he'd make an exceptional college coach. He's also a really strong talent evaluator, IMO.
    Problem is we have gone opposite sides of the spectrum. Rex holds nobody accountable. You can suck and he wont bench you. You can say whatever you want to the media as long as you attach your name.

I think the most successfull coaches are somewhere in between.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Problem is we have gone opposite sides of the spectrum. Rex holds nobody accountable. You can suck and he wont bench you. You can say whatever you want to the media as long as you attach your name.

I think the most successfull coaches are somewhere in between.
    Definitely. I think Mangini is a great X's and O's coach but he tried to be too much like Belichick. Belichick's coaching style works because he has won in the past and has the pedigree.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast