Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    While I agree that even though JB has upside and will most likely become a servicable starter I think within the next 2 seasons he could start on most bottom feeder teams if he continues to develop. My personal fantasy lineup always had him replacing Luol after his contract is up and Luol signing the mid level exception with us for another 3-4 years.
    Not reality though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Redick's efficiency has been great, just as it usually is as at most the 3rd option on the team. Afflalo's all of a sudden the 1st option on an awful team, two positions he's never had to endure before. While Redick has better numbers thus far, it has a lot to do with Afflalo only shooting 34% from three (he's a career average 40% three point shooter).

Redick is being assisted on 76.6% of his made shots.
    Afflalo is only being assisted on 64% of his made shots.

Who would be a better fit in the Bulls' offense with Rose? It's absolutely Afflalo. That's before factoring in how good of a defender he is, and how average Redick is. Give me Afflalo every day of the week.
    Heck, Big Baby leads their team in FGA so you could say he's their #1 option (and AA #2, JJ #3). The few games that I saw of them this year, they've spread the ball around fairly well.

JJ's AST% = 27.4.
    AA's AST% = 12.6.

He's also like another PG out there.

I'm definitely taking AA over JJ if given the chance, just don't see Orlando willing to move him (especially for Deng, which would basically be a lateral move). You know I've been coveting Afflalo for years. I just think Redick would be a great fit here as well.

vCash
    Please do not call Jimmy, JB. There's already 2 trolls with that nick.

vCash
    Jimmeh!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Please do not call Jimmy, JB. There's already 2 trolls with that nick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Heck, Big Baby leads their team in FGA so you could say he's their #1 option (and AA #2, JJ #3). The few games that I saw of them this year, they've spread the ball around fairly well.

JJ's AST% = 27.4.
    AA's AST% = 12.6.

He's also like another PG out there.

I'm definitely taking AA over JJ if given the chance, just don't see Orlando willing to move him (especially for Deng, which would basically be a lateral move). You know I've been coveting Afflalo for years. I just think Redick would be a great fit here as well.
    Redick's career high in ast% is 16.2% ... yet through 13 games where he posts a 27.4ast% you want to all of a sudden call him another point guard? I'm going to really hold off on that one.

sure Redick would be a good fit. But looking at a 13 game sample size showing how Redick's numbers are better than a player that has been better than him for years is premature.

vCash
    Redick's career high in ast% is 16.2% ... yet through 13 games where he posts a 27.4ast% you want to all of a sudden call him another point guard? I'm going to really hold off on that one.

sure Redick would be a good fit. But looking at a 13 game sample size showing how Redick's numbers are better than a player that has been better than him for years is premature.
    He's actually had to play more of a point this year though. Nelson has been out and the rest of their PGs are trash plus no Dwight to just toss the ball into and let him do work. I've watched around 5 of their games this year, and I've been impressed.

vCash
    Luol Deng three years ago had per36 numbers of the following:

16.7ppg
    7.0rpg
    1.9apg
    53.1ts% 48.2efg% 111 ORtg

with great defense is a border-line all-star in today's game. You don't think Jimmy can reach those per-36 numbers? Right now his per36 numbers are 12.8ppg 5.8rpg 1.5apg with outstanding efficiency. You don't think, by the age of 26, he can't average 16/7/2 on good efficiency and very good defense?

I think he absolutely can.
    I actually want to see him do it over starter minutes every night before i start calling him a borderline all star. At the same time i could see him being a poor mans Deng, with better driving abilties. I guess just about anyone does

vCash
    Well you didn't last long....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBullPacker View Post
    I actually want to see him do it over starter minutes every night before i start calling him a borderline all star. At the same time i could see him being a poor mans Deng, with better driving abilties. I guess just about anyone does
    i never said he is a borderline all-star. I said i'm hopeful that he can become that player years down the road. Doesn't matter tho since you're already banned.

vCash
    Jimmy has been fantastic. But let's not get carried away. As good as he's been, he can't come close to doing all of the things Deng does for us. Deng is still our on-court leader/anchor/defensive stabilizer, and offensively is much more accomplished and versatile. I'd probably trade him for George but probably not any of the other guys mentioned because he brings things that can't be measured. Jimmy needs to do a hell of a lot more before earning a starting spot on a championship contending team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Well you didn't last long....
    And guess who... Lol

Rochester Jeffersons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Jimmy has been fantastic. But let's not get carried away. As good as he's been, he can't come close to doing all of the things Deng does for us. Deng is still our on-court leader/anchor/defensive stabilizer, and offensively is much more accomplished and versatile. I'd probably trade him for George but probably not any of the other guys mentioned because he brings things that can't be measured. Jimmy needs to do a hell of a lot more before earning a starting spot on a championship contending team.
    I agree Iggz, I think if he continues to progress he will become this season a very solid member of the 2nd team. At the very least I'd like to Jimmy progress (over the next 5-10 games) to the point where Thibs lets off the gas pedal on Deng and starts resting him more. Like to the tune of 32-34 minutes for Deng and the rest for Jimmy plus other combinations where he can be used if his skillse fits.

vCash
    Jimmy makes me tingly. I really hope this kid can become a borderline all-star much like Deng was a couple seasons ago. It would be great to keep this kid around for the next 5+ years
    do you think he has the ability to become an all-star?

vCash
    An all-star? No. But I think his ceiling is a border-line all-star, a guy with very good defense who can get 16ish points per36 minutes played with 6 rebounds and a couple assists on good efficiency.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast