Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,373
    vCash
    1500
    While I agree that even though JB has upside and will most likely become a servicable starter I think within the next 2 seasons he could start on most bottom feeder teams if he continues to develop. My personal fantasy lineup always had him replacing Luol after his contract is up and Luol signing the mid level exception with us for another 3-4 years.
    Not reality though.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,248
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Redick's efficiency has been great, just as it usually is as at most the 3rd option on the team. Afflalo's all of a sudden the 1st option on an awful team, two positions he's never had to endure before. While Redick has better numbers thus far, it has a lot to do with Afflalo only shooting 34% from three (he's a career average 40% three point shooter).

    Redick is being assisted on 76.6% of his made shots.
    Afflalo is only being assisted on 64% of his made shots.

    Who would be a better fit in the Bulls' offense with Rose? It's absolutely Afflalo. That's before factoring in how good of a defender he is, and how average Redick is. Give me Afflalo every day of the week.
    Heck, Big Baby leads their team in FGA so you could say he's their #1 option (and AA #2, JJ #3). The few games that I saw of them this year, they've spread the ball around fairly well.

    JJ's AST% = 27.4.
    AA's AST% = 12.6.

    He's also like another PG out there.

    I'm definitely taking AA over JJ if given the chance, just don't see Orlando willing to move him (especially for Deng, which would basically be a lateral move). You know I've been coveting Afflalo for years. I just think Redick would be a great fit here as well.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    6 minutes away from United Center
    Posts
    39,318
    vCash
    4409
    Please do not call Jimmy, JB. There's already 2 trolls with that nick.



  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71,499
    vCash
    785
    Jimmeh!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Please do not call Jimmy, JB. There's already 2 trolls with that nick.


  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26,651
    vCash
    56000
    Quote Originally Posted by KHinrich12 View Post
    Heck, Big Baby leads their team in FGA so you could say he's their #1 option (and AA #2, JJ #3). The few games that I saw of them this year, they've spread the ball around fairly well.

    JJ's AST% = 27.4.
    AA's AST% = 12.6.

    He's also like another PG out there.

    I'm definitely taking AA over JJ if given the chance, just don't see Orlando willing to move him (especially for Deng, which would basically be a lateral move). You know I've been coveting Afflalo for years. I just think Redick would be a great fit here as well.
    Redick's career high in ast% is 16.2% ... yet through 13 games where he posts a 27.4ast% you want to all of a sudden call him another point guard? I'm going to really hold off on that one.

    sure Redick would be a good fit. But looking at a 13 game sample size showing how Redick's numbers are better than a player that has been better than him for years is premature.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    56,248
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Redick's career high in ast% is 16.2% ... yet through 13 games where he posts a 27.4ast% you want to all of a sudden call him another point guard? I'm going to really hold off on that one.

    sure Redick would be a good fit. But looking at a 13 game sample size showing how Redick's numbers are better than a player that has been better than him for years is premature.
    He's actually had to play more of a point this year though. Nelson has been out and the rest of their PGs are trash plus no Dwight to just toss the ball into and let him do work. I've watched around 5 of their games this year, and I've been impressed.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Luol Deng three years ago had per36 numbers of the following:

    16.7ppg
    7.0rpg
    1.9apg
    53.1ts% 48.2efg% 111 ORtg

    with great defense is a border-line all-star in today's game. You don't think Jimmy can reach those per-36 numbers? Right now his per36 numbers are 12.8ppg 5.8rpg 1.5apg with outstanding efficiency. You don't think, by the age of 26, he can't average 16/7/2 on good efficiency and very good defense?

    I think he absolutely can.
    I actually want to see him do it over starter minutes every night before i start calling him a borderline all star. At the same time i could see him being a poor mans Deng, with better driving abilties. I guess just about anyone does

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    71,499
    vCash
    785
    Well you didn't last long....

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26,651
    vCash
    56000
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBullPacker View Post
    I actually want to see him do it over starter minutes every night before i start calling him a borderline all star. At the same time i could see him being a poor mans Deng, with better driving abilties. I guess just about anyone does
    i never said he is a borderline all-star. I said i'm hopeful that he can become that player years down the road. Doesn't matter tho since you're already banned.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    16,058
    vCash
    1500
    Jimmy has been fantastic. But let's not get carried away. As good as he's been, he can't come close to doing all of the things Deng does for us. Deng is still our on-court leader/anchor/defensive stabilizer, and offensively is much more accomplished and versatile. I'd probably trade him for George but probably not any of the other guys mentioned because he brings things that can't be measured. Jimmy needs to do a hell of a lot more before earning a starting spot on a championship contending team.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    58,956
    vCash
    1700
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Well you didn't last long....
    And guess who... Lol

    Rochester Jeffersons

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Malaga, Spain
    Posts
    1,373
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggz53 View Post
    Jimmy has been fantastic. But let's not get carried away. As good as he's been, he can't come close to doing all of the things Deng does for us. Deng is still our on-court leader/anchor/defensive stabilizer, and offensively is much more accomplished and versatile. I'd probably trade him for George but probably not any of the other guys mentioned because he brings things that can't be measured. Jimmy needs to do a hell of a lot more before earning a starting spot on a championship contending team.
    I agree Iggz, I think if he continues to progress he will become this season a very solid member of the 2nd team. At the very least I'd like to Jimmy progress (over the next 5-10 games) to the point where Thibs lets off the gas pedal on Deng and starts resting him more. Like to the tune of 32-34 minutes for Deng and the rest for Jimmy plus other combinations where he can be used if his skillse fits.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Jimmy makes me tingly. I really hope this kid can become a borderline all-star much like Deng was a couple seasons ago. It would be great to keep this kid around for the next 5+ years
    do you think he has the ability to become an all-star?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    26,651
    vCash
    56000
    An all-star? No. But I think his ceiling is a border-line all-star, a guy with very good defense who can get 16ish points per36 minutes played with 6 rebounds and a couple assists on good efficiency.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •