Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    vCash
    kinda glad not a martin fan to be honest

vCash
    Rivera just resigned with NY on mlb.com

vCash
    On Thursday, Rivera and the Yankees attached some fairly large numbers to that promise. New York and the all-time saves leader agreed to a one-year contract reportedly worth $10 million plus awards incentives, according to CBS Sports.

The Yankees have not officially announced the signing, but a Major League source confirmed the agreement.

vCash
    Time to move on.

Matty!

vCash
    Im against rushing prospects.

By all means, give Sanchez the nod to compete but you need to bring in others.

I've always been a Kelly Shoppach fan since he has a gun from behind home plate and kills lefties.

vCash
    do the molinas have a cousin lol

vCash
    I hear A-Rods a catcher... just sayin'.

vCash
    Happy he's gone.

vCash
    Alright! Francisco Cervelli can now be our full time catcher!
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    thirstyyuyyyyy thursdayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last party at school wes tonight

Now I have ti pass all my fking finals and I am good to ho for thew winter!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I'd like to welcome AJ piersunski to ny on a one year deal.
    Worst idea ever.
    Kinda glad he's gone. I like him, but Im ready to move on.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    the yankees will get JP Arencibia

vCash
    For me, best-case scenario is a Jaso/Shoppach platoon, but I'd be super happy if we got just Jaso and had him platoon with Frankie.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Wow, I've read a lot of stupid crap on this site, but this takes the cake. How many of you guys actually played real baseball?
    Catcher is the field general and the hardest position to learn. No great catcher comes up with one year of minor league ball. He'd get eaten alive. You think veteran pitchers are going to put up with a kid who can't frame pitches, doesn't know what to call, doesn't know the hitters, can't block pitches in the dirt, and the myriad things a catcher does to get a strike call?
    Did any of you guys notice how much better our pitching staff did when Martin replaced Posada?
    This was an idiotic move by Cashman. Martin was a bargain at two years. Unless Cash's got a killer right fielder and catcher up his sleeve this team will not make the playoffs.
    But I'll agree with one poster on here.
    Hal is going to sell this team in two years.
    Just watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    I like his mentality right now. That's why Kuroda also accepted his 1-year deal with us.
    Kuroda took one year because he's was only looking for a one night stand.

Mets and Yankees now looking at the same pool of FA catchers -- except Napololi.

Rod Barajas
    Henry Blanco
    Miguel Olivo
    Kelly Shoppach
    Chris Snyder
    Matt Treanor

Quote Originally Posted by jango2000 View Post
    Catcher is the field general and the hardest position to learn. No great catcher comes up with one year of minor league ball. He'd get eaten alive. You think veteran pitchers are going to put up with a kid who can't frame pitches, doesn't know what to call, doesn't know the hitters, can't block pitches in the dirt, and the myriad things a catcher does to get a strike call?
    Mets fans ssy Josh Thole sometimes looked like a deer caught in headlights last season. The position requires another level of presence, maturity and confidence.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 11-30-2012 at 06:22 AM.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast