Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Stop the Jesus Montero revisionist b.s. he can't catch. He's a first basemen / dh / maybe if we were lucky we could have plugged him in right and told him to let Gardner eat as many fly balls as much as he could.

He can't catch. Enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusmontero View Post
    so aj is an option through fa. Who are some trade options?
    doumit doumit doumit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusMontero View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that they let Martin walk based on the market and Girardi's like for him but the per yr was a bit pricey. Who catches now?

Too bad Jesus Montero was traded
    ^^ I feel your pain man

#KNICKSTAPE #PLAYOFF2013

vCash
    Just let Sanchez catch next year. Who cares if he's not ready.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Whoever knows prospects, find the team with an incumbent vet blocking a stud catcher. That's our target.
    You're talking Blue Jays right there, but I don't know if they celebrate Christmas up there so they may not be in a giving mood right now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Just let Sanchez catch next year. Who cares if he's not ready.
    I am so for this. Sick of watching our stud kids play 85 years in AA and then blow out their arm. Just fkn play em.

Either u can play or u can't.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Of our slew of backups we have I'd like to see the unknown crappy (Romine) over the known crappy (Cervelli/Stewart), though personally I'd like to see them all hop off and walk the boulevard

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    We have a full time DH rotation. Of A-rod, Jeter.

What if Jeter doesn't come back strong enough to play SS and Nunez is our short stop and Jeter becomes a full time DH?

Now you have a 15 million dollar catcher who catches half your games.
    I lost you after Nunez is our shortstop:cry:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I am so for this. Sick of watching our stud kids play 85 years in AA and then blow out their arm. Just fkn play em.

Either u can play or u can't.
    Honestly I've been all over the give kids time bandwagon and let them develop. The whole do the smart thing. Who cares anymore. 95% of the actual prospects on this team have two things happen to them when they reach AAA or get close. They get traded or they get injured/suddenly forget how to play baseball.

Off the top of my head - Tabata, Montero, Jackson, Brackman, Banuelos, Betances...all are gone, injured or suck.

Problem is the Yankees will go as long as they can finding some 40 year old on 1 year deals before they throw a prospect out there.

vCash
    Screw it throw Sanchez into the fire at least he won't get bored ehhh!!!

Thanks for the awesome sig dodgersuck!

vCash
    i agree with letting Sanchez catch. What people on here don't get is a lot of guys have been successful that didn't spend much time in the minors. Jeter.Pedroia,Cano,etc are just a few

vCash
    All these other teams have 19 year olds now.....bring the fkrs up!

Or maybe that's the plan for 14.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    This could be a blessing in disguise remember how Cano got started. Womack was the starting 2nd baseman when Cano who people thought wasn't ready came up and started killing the ball. Not saying this could happen but i would give Sanchez a shot at being the everyday catcher the kid has talent

vCash
    I am all for giving Sanchez the nod. I am tired of hearing about all the potential these kids have. There arent any better options out there.

vCash
    Andrew Marchand of ESPNNewYork.com was told by a Yankees source that it's "unlikely" the team will pursue A.J. Pierzynski.
    Marchand reported earlier this week that Pierzynski was "likely" the backup plan should the Yanks not be able to retain Russell Martin, but apparently he's not high on their wish list. They're also not expected to go after Mike Napoli, so the trade route might be the best option to address their catching issues. As of now, Francisco Cervelli is the likely starter.
    Word.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast