Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Utd7 View Post
    If we do I hope it involves Stanton.
    zero chance the marlins trade him. he'll be there only big league caliber player opening day
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    the austin romine era begins
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    ichiro can leave if he cant wait, at this point in his career he needs to be patient
    Goodbye Ichiro, helloooo Endy Chavez!
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    If Marlins trade Stanton, they might as well break up the Marlins. They're not trading him.

I think Yankees are signing Josh Hamilton.
    George? is that you?

Seriously, not happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    George? is that you?

Seriously, not happening.
    Okay .... As if 2014 is going to take so much money off the payroll..

vCash
    Yankees won't sign him. Payroll or not.

Really, you want too give him a big contract, when he is injured every year? He can bearly scrape together a full season. In fact he hasn't played a full season since 2008. Yeah let's sign that guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Yankees won't sign him. Payroll or not.

Really, you want too give him a big contract, when he is injured every year? He can bearly scrape together a full season. In fact he hasn't played a full season since 2008. Yeah let's sign that guy.
    I don't think the Yankees have to sign him for 10-years; you see, ppl think we have sign him for 9-years...we don't. I can see him accepting a 5-year deal.

Hamilton is a scary hitter. Everyone is forgetting that. He hits for power and average, and he's great defensively.

vCash
    I don't think the Yankees have to sign him for 10-years; you see, ppl think we have sign him for 9-years...we don't. I can see him accepting a 5-year deal.

Hamilton is a scary hitter. Everyone is forgetting that. He hits for power and average, and he's great defensively.
    And 5 years is too much for a 31 year old who hasn't had a full season under his belt since 2008

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    And 5 years is too much for a 31 year old who hasn't had a full season under his belt since 2008
    He did play in the last two World Series the Rangers were in. So it wasn't like he was out for the entire season.

Remember when we sign A.J Burnett and some ppl were skeptical about him being healthy. And look...he stood healthy.

vCash
    He did play in the last two World Series the Rangers were in. So it wasn't like he was out for the entire season.

Remember when we sign A.J Burnett and some ppl were skeptical about him being healthy. And look...he stood healthy.
    He's a 31 year old drug addled superstar who is on the field roughly as much as ARod. The dude imploded down the stretch for Texas this season. Unless you can get him on a 1 year deal, I'll bet the contract turns out to be a nightmare. Normal adults hit their decline when they hit 30. A dude who is already showing injury issues and pumped countless drugs into his system isn't likely to buck that trend.

vCash

79.5 - 88.5 Million coming off so far after this season..

15 Kuroda, 15 Cano, 15 Granderson, 12 Pettite, 8.5 AJ Burnett, 10 Moe, Jeter's 17 drops to an 8 Million player option and Arod's contract goes into decline mode (not a lot) but 4 million less next season..
    Last edited by Thump; 12-01-2012 at 11:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    He's a 31 year old drug addled superstar who is on the field roughly as much as ARod. The dude imploded down the stretch for Texas this season. Unless you can get him on a 1 year deal, I'll bet the contract turns out to be a nightmare. Normal adults hit their decline when they hit 30. A dude who is already showing injury issues and pumped countless drugs into his system isn't likely to buck that trend.
    Just because he imploded at the end of the season, don't mean nothing. The guy killed us in the postseason. And he almost won the Rangers a WS.

Also, he's an explosive left-handed power hitter, who can last a long time hitting homers in YS.

Would you rather have Prince Fielder who can't do anything beside play 1B, or Hamilton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    75.5 - 84.5 Million coming off so far after this season..

15 Kuroda, 15 Cano, 15 Granderson, 12 Pettite, 8.5 AJ Burnett, 10 Moe and Jeter's 17 drops to an 8 Million player option..
    Jeter might comeback, so you can't count that.

I doesn't matter. If Yankees get no one this year, they're gonna have to get two major outfielders in off-season.

It's just one year. Also, they could trade Granderson next week.

vCash
    I can count on him not making 17 million again. He has a player option if the Yankees are smart they say take that.. It's 8.5 million which ain't bad. Perhaps they go a Rivera route and round it up to 10, but we won't see 17 million on Jeter next year. Count on that.

Who knows what happens between now and next year, in terms of trades. However they are set up currently to be at 75 millon with a ton of holes and 100+ million to spend (and STILL not go over the 189 mark).. I think it will be ok..

vCash
    Just because he imploded at the end of the season, don't mean nothing. The guy killed us in the postseason. And he almost won the Rangers a WS.

Also, he's an explosive left-handed power hitter, who can last a long time hitting homers in YS.

Would you rather have Prince Fielder who can't do anything beside play 1B, or Hamilton.
    I don't want either. These stupid big money contracts to dudes on the wrong side of 30 are what burn us.

Josh Hamilton cannot stay healthy. You want this guy on a 4 -5 year deal? If he can't stay on the field at 27, what is he going to be like @ 34?

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast