Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gary Sanchez turns 20 this wknd. Dfa.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Gary Sanchez turns 20 this wknd. Dfa.
    there you go. Let the kid play. I am all for it. let Cerveli back him up. if its too much for him Cerveli can start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    there you go. Let the kid play. I am all for it. let Cerveli back him up. if its too much for him Cerveli can start
    Sure let's start the worst ranked defensive catcher in 2011. And have a Kid who never played above A-ball back him up. Smart. Well done...

I guess you ignored all the other posts explaining why Sanchez currently cant start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I think we're all glossing over the obvious answer. If we move Jeter to catcher we can simply sign Nakajima to replace him @ SS.
    LOL But in all seriousness, I hope we go young, preferably Romine. I wouldn't mind giving Napoli a look, but he's going to be $$$ and I would only want him as a DH not a full-time backstop.
    NYY,NYR,NYG,NYK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Sure let's start the worst ranked defensive catcher in 2011. And have a Kid who never played above A-ball back him up. Smart. Well done...

I guess you ignored all the other posts explaining why Sanchez currently cant start.
    other post not ignored I just do not agree with them.
    I firmly believe in baseball if the talent is there it is there.
    He would get the best coaching at the major league level. I do not care what kind of defensive catcher his stats say he is in the minors .Jeter was a poor defender in the minors

vCash
    I'm all for starting Sanchez. I mean, who gives a fk. Just do it.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

vCash
    funny to think that the millions of dollars spent on development every year is a complete waste. because guys can either play or they can't.

vCash
    Some players can and can't play.

Swidt?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    other post not ignored I just do not agree with them.
    I firmly believe in baseball if the talent is there it is there.
    He would get the best coaching at the major league level. I do not care what kind of defensive catcher his stats say he is in the minors .Jeter was a poor defender in the minors
    Jeter also has been a poor defender in the Majors.

He get's balls hit to him, but he's never been one for the range factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Dunn View Post
    funny to think that the millions of dollars spent on development every year is a complete waste. because guys can either play or they can't.
    What I am saying it may not be perfect but I do believe that Sanchez can do as well as Martin for a fraction of the price plus by years end The Yankees will know what they have.

Dave Winfield didnt have to hang out in the minors. Now I am not saying every player should be rushed to the majors but if there is not a good player in place at his position and he has spent some time in the minors than why not

vCash
    Rush em! Play em!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

I stink.

vCash
    Is 8.5 million a year the going rate now for .200 hitter who can catch? Journeymen catchers everywhere must be jumping up for joy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

- Mark Twain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    It's not like Martin was some offensive monster. Honestly, more people seem upset losing Martin's offense, or lack thereof, than Swisher's.
    actually im glad martin is gone.i just cant stand cervelli and really dont want him as our starting catcher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Is 8.5 million a year the going rate now for .200 hitter who can catch? Journeymen catchers everywhere must be jumping up for joy.
    EXACTLY,

It is almost sad how all these below average players are breaking the bank this year.
    Yankees are not doing anything while these other clubs spending like the world is ending.

When the Yankees do this . all you here on ESPN is how much and how the Yankees over spend now that the Braves,Pirates, Rangers and many other clubs are doing this every thing is alright.

bottom line . Martin sucks . Yankees can not win with these 200 hitters and thats what they had last year a bunch of horrible hitters that struck out or popped a homerun . with no one on base of course because the guy before him just struck out

vCash
    Cervelli is so bad

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast