Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Notice how even in looking for examples he didn't actually find someone as young as Sanchez?

vCash
    I guess this is the hot topic of the moment.

For my own rather worthless two cents, I'd go with Cervelli.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I guess this is the hot topic of the moment.

For my own rather worthless two cents, I'd go with Cervelli.
    I wouldn't mind a Romine / Cervelli team.

vCash
    The funny thing is that this is the first time in a long time that I'm not worried about the rotation. I'd definately like to see though what we are going to do offensively.

Production vs. power.....I want the former.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Notice how even in looking for examples he didn't actually find someone as young as Sanchez?
    I did not go very far out of my way. I just thought of the first few catchers that came to mind and looked them up.

Also how are we suppose to know if Sanchez is or is not the next Johnny Bench if he doesnt get the chance

vCash
    please no to cervelli as our starting catcher. our line up was frustrating enough last year and then we might start this clown.gonna be a long season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    I did not go very far out of my way. I just thought of the first few catchers that came to mind and looked them up.

Also how are we suppose to know if Sanchez is or is not the next Johnny Bench if he doesnt get the chance
    Have you watched any film on Sanchez? Do you know how much work he actually needs? He can't properly frame a pitch, he can't properly block a ball in the dirt. He also has a some maturity issues. In an interview he even admitted he has a lot of work do to behind the plate. So is that honestly the guy you want catching in the major. at 19? In New York City. With this Media? Do you really think a 19 year old can handle that pressure, when admitting he still has a lot of hard work ahead before he can be a major league catcher?

vCash
    ivan rodriguez was the youngest catcher to be a starter for a full season, those other guys are irrelevant, Ivan rodriguez skipped AAA, he played half of AA and he was given the starters job because he was a phenomenal defensive catcher. Its not that they gave him a chance to see what he had, its that they had already seen since his days in Puerto Rico that they had a stud with him, same with johnny bench, johnny bench even though he sucked with the bat in his first year he was so great with the glove that the reds stuck with him.

if you actually saw any of Gary sanchez game you would know hes not that type of talent, the only reason gary is so relevant is because of his bat which still has many holes!!!!

think about it! Jesus monteros bat was more advanced than Sanchez and Monteros rookie as full season player wasnt that significant what makes you think a guy like sanchez comes straight from A ball to hit enough to merrit staying in the big leagues. Sanchez isnt a defense first catcher the yankees just think he has the ability to learn to be one more than montero.

vCash
    Romine/ Stewart
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog72ny View Post
    please no to cervelli as our starting catcher. our line up was frustrating enough last year and then we might start this clown.gonna be a long season
    It's not like Martin was some offensive monster. Honestly, more people seem upset losing Martin's offense, or lack thereof, than Swisher's.

vCash
    Cashman should place a call to Mark Shapiro in Cleveland about the availability of Lou Marson, who has been blocked behind the plate by Carlos Santana. At 26, he's got upside.

vCash
    I'd be a lot more comfortable with Romine/Cervelli if Romine hadn't just missed the whole season because of a bad back.

I think most likely they find some vet to sign/trade for and pair them with Romine. The team kind of hates Cervelli so can't imagine he is starting ever. And he sucks defensively so can't imagine him as the backup. Basically hes kinda screwed I think.

I'm completely fine with whatever they do for catcher if they upgrade in RF somehow. If its Ichiro as the RF and this combo at catcher it'll be a long year.

vCash
    I want to see Zoilo Almonte be given the opportunity to compete for the starting RF spot. In terms of outside options, Yankees have been in on Scott Hairston and I could also see the team signing Grady Sizemore to a one year deal if the opportunity is there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Now might be the perfect storm for Jeter to finally get his shot at catcher.
    I think we're all glossing over the obvious answer. If we move Jeter to catcher we can simply sign Nakajima to replace him @ SS.

vCash
    Plus he's fat as **** now so he should be able to block pitches and the plate better.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast