Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump View Post
    I can count on him not making 17 million again. He has a player option if the Yankees are smart they say take that.. It's 8.5 million which ain't bad. Perhaps they go a Rivera route and round it up to 10, but we won't see 17 million on Jeter next year. Count on that.

Who knows what happens between now and next year, in terms of trades. However they are set up currently to be at 75 millon with a ton of holes and 100+ million to spend (and STILL not go over the 189 mark).. I think it will be ok..
    If Jeter has a solid season, there is a strong chance he ill turn down the player iption and become a FA. If that happens Im sure he can hold them hostage for $12 to $14 million.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Even better....get that bum as far away from new york as possible

Our problem the past 2 seasons has been inconsistency...the reason is because we have low average, low OBP guys who hit 40 homers a year....we need to bring in some guys that get on base, we need to start driving in runs without relying on the home run....Although swish is a decent on base guy, he just is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too inconsistent and disappears in the playoffs

The Yankees led the league and was 2nd in baseball in OBP.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    what have the yankees gained from overspending and getting the top talent available? 1 championship. time for a change
    Yes brother! Preach on!

Oh................you meant in philosophy, I thought you meant regime.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank-Knick-Up View Post
    Just because he imploded at the end of the season, don't mean nothing. The guy killed us in the postseason. And he almost won the Rangers a WS.

Also, he's an explosive left-handed power hitter, who can last a long time hitting homers in YS.

Would you rather have Prince Fielder who can't do anything beside play 1B, or Hamilton.
    2 years ago. last year, he was a completel laibility for texas in the playoffs. he was a big reaosn the O's moved on
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Montero ray:
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920